ADVERTISEMENT

Protest Saturday

Forgive us here and those who roll their eyes at this when again 243 less than 5 a week black males killed by the entire police force in the US last year when city of Chicago had 500+ and Baltimore 300+'black males Murdered. If you all really cared about deaths of black males you'd realize the police are the least of your worries and take a closer look and bigger issues causing deaths I.e gang and drug related shootings and maybe that's why people think this protest was a joke especially here in Iowa when this issue really hasn't been an issue.
Its almost as bad in KC, at least per population. You can't turn on the evening local news without two or three stories of black on black inner city shootings, drive bys shooting innocent bystanders etc.. The genecide in the city is out of control. Its into this volatile mix, steps the policeman on his daily tour. I have empathy for the situations they walk into daily. Not a job for the weak of heart.

The fact that you immediately went right to the term "gangbangers" speaks more about who you are as a person than anything else. I am not mad, I honestly feel bad for you. I also will not judge you because that is not my role or place, but holy cow

The fact that you're worried about what terminology is applied to murders is insane.

there is an excuse for everything. here is what I did. I didn't like where I was brought up so guess what I did. I moved. here comes the excuses, they can't afford to move. I had a little junk car and all I took was some clothes. I traveled to where I wanted to go found odd jobs till I had enough to move up and that is how I got away from a crappy place. anyone can do it. life is so short to live where life hurts you. now I live someplace that doesn't have all the negative in it. life must be so tough where all this crap happens. why would u stay there? I don't understand how people treat each other so badly. to kill, steal, have babies out of wed lock(and not take care of them) drugs, sell drugs. Just move. O and I did go into the Army. Spent 6 years there. It helped me grow up. People want hand outs to much these days. no pride when you live on the government. so if the police are bad where you live maybe you should move and if you can't then go help in a soup kitchen, help build a house for the needy get involved in your community and change things. stop sitting around telling everyone how bad it is for you. thanks

And this is the ONLY way any individuals life will ever change. Do it yourself. There is no change that can take place on group levels. Its absurd.

This is the only message that will help people. Fix your own life. Its clearly possible because theres millions of examples.

Telling one group of people that theres systemic whatever is irrelevant because the group being accused thinking will never change by simply accusing them. Thats not how perceptions are formed, positive or negative. Thats how you alienate.

Theres ingrained negative opinions and fears in our culture based very much in large part on experinces on both sides.

The only way to change those opinions is to prove them wrong. When enough people do that, opinions will change.

Sometimes I think smart phones, the threat of North Korea and these racial or identity politics/dog whistles - are meant to keep all of us distracted.

Are any of you REALLY prepared to defend yourselves against alien invasion? If your face is looking down at your iPhone arguing about protesters all day long, you are a perfect target from above. It's called combat readiness folks.

Their message was lost once they started kneeling for the national anthem . They need to pick another avenue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT