ADVERTISEMENT

Protest Saturday

Lame. Go break into your college 529 savings plan and finance a trip to a college town where there ACTUALLY is police brutality occurring. I'm here to watch football, not get sent on yet another intangible guilt trip.

I'll raise a fist to protest mysandry.
How about we all hang our balls out of our zippers to protest lack of testicular cancer funding? Would we still get university approval on that?

Lame. Go break into your college 529 savings plan and finance a trip to a college town where there ACTUALLY is police brutality occurring. I'm here to watch football, not get sent on yet another intangible guilt trip.

I'll raise a fist to protest mysandry.
How about we all hang our balls out of our zippers to protest lack of testicular cancer funding? Would we still get university approval on that?
LOL

OK Reality time:

I am currently a student at the University of Iowa and I became aware of this protest via a group chat I am in. Unfortunately I found out on Monday and for many, Monday was stress-inducing day so I was more angry than I normally would have been. I PLEADED with the people in my group chat not to do it, not because of what they're protesting, but the timing of it is simply bad. If TV cameras saw U of I students kneeling for the national anthem not even a week after a national tragedy, we would be the punching bag of every media outlet. But I was met with a response of "Police Brutality isn't right either". I for one am praying this doesn't follow through.

39206331.jpg

OK Reality time:

I am currently a student at the University of Iowa and I became aware of this protest via a group chat I am in. Unfortunately I found out on Monday and for many, Monday was stress-inducing day so I was more angry than I normally would have been. I PLEADED with the people in my group chat not to do it, not because of what they're protesting, but the timing of it is simply bad. If TV cameras saw U of I students kneeling for the national anthem not even a week after a national tragedy, we would be the punching bag of every media outlet. But I was met with a response of "Police Brutality isn't right either". I for one am praying this doesn't follow through.

Step 1: don't plead with millennial d-bag agitators
Step 2: this is far from reality. The reality is that there will likely be numerous unemployed grads with liberal arts degrees shifting their protests to student loan debt.
Step 3: WTF is this group chat?
Step 4: college is the least stressful time in life.

Step 1: don't plead with millennial d-bag agitators
Step 2: this is far from reality. The reality is that there will likely be numerous unemployed grads with liberal arts degrees shifting their protests to student loan debt.
Step 3: WTF is this group chat?
Step 4: college is the least stressful time in life.
I think (hope) he means group text.. my visual was 8-10 sitting in a circle singing bridge over troubled waters as well tho!

It will be interesting to see if they do it and what kind of reaction they get. I just hope the snowflakes aren't emotionally crushed that people aren't paying attention to them prior to the Homecoming football game at the University of Iowa inside Kinnick Stadium where the University celebrates Nile Kinnick for his Heismann speech and sacrificing his life to preserve our right to live in freedom prior to the National Anthem. But you go girl!

Reactions: SotaHawk87
Police brutality isn't a thing. The media wants it to be just like they want to make it seem like every incident involving two different races is racism.

Like any profession, the police force is made up of regular citizens and with millions of Americans, you are always going to have nut jobs and people who over steps their bounds. It happens in every profession, always has and always will. I can bet you there are far more examples of heroism and compassion from the police force on a daily basis than injustices but you won't hear about those.

The real crime is continuing to give people the stage to make false accusations with no repercussions for their actions or facts needed to validate their claims. I'm looking at you, Michael Bennett.

I get tired of the people who routinely move from one "cause" to the next and rarely actually contribute anything of tangible value. Whether it's save the whales or taking a knee, little in the way of value is actually accomplished by people that become perpetual cause seekers. More often than not it has the reverse consequence of pissing a lot of people off by blocking highways, etc...

I have far greater respect for the people who quietly were donating blood in Vegas than the social justice warrior's attention seeking.
WELL SAID! Nail on the head ... Go do something about your cause ... and leave your smartphone at home ... Right now, the kneeling, raising the fist, linking arms ... is the flavor of the month ... and in a few weeks it will be old news and the media will have moved on as will the participants ... Shallow gestures that accomplish nothing ...

The real crime is continuing to give people the stage to make false accusations with no repercussions for their actions or facts needed to validate their claims. I'm looking at you, Michael Bennett.
Great post ... It's the victim mentality ... As you said, yes, there are bad officers out there ... but there are many, many, many good ones who deal with sh&t every day that neither you, nor I, could fathom or understand. Too many times we see people pushing the boundaries and disrespecting the rules ... and then they play the victim only after evading officers, or resisting arrest, of failing to comply ... It's pretty f'ed up the way our society has become with the advent of social media, smartphones, etc. I love technology ... but's it's also given a voice to lots of whack jobs.

Last edited:
Really don't think this will have any legs to it. This is a look at me moment for her. The NFL protests were even starting to die down last week. Seems KCRG was the only one to even pick this up.
First major college to react (minor or not), it will be set apart by the news media and then built upon. Liberal schools like Iowa can expect to see it gain traction across the nation.

New Iowa Statement:

"After meetings with University administration addressing the focus and demands of the coming protests at the parade and football game, it has come to our attention that safety cannot be guaranteed to any student who participates in these events. Through these meetings we have determined that the demands CAN and WILL be pursued through conversations with administration. These conversations are already in place. If you want to be part of this initiative, you are welcomed to be at the table. With all that being said, there will be NO PARTICIPATION on behalf of “Our Voice Matters” in the parade or football game."

http://www.kwqc.com/content/news/Po...lanned-for-UIs-homecoming-game-449308823.html

OK Reality time:

Thanks for sharing ... yeah, it's not the best idea for MANY reasons ... Instead, tell them to go volunteer in the community ... Raising a fist or kneeling during the National Anthem ... is simply a poor, poor choice ...

Reactions: IACentralHawk73
New Iowa Statement:

"After meetings with University administration addressing the focus and demands of the coming protests at the parade and football game, it has come to our attention that safety cannot be guaranteed to any student who participates in these events. Through these meetings we have determined that the demands CAN and WILL be pursued through conversations with administration. These conversations are already in place. If you want to be part of this initiative, you are welcomed to be at the table. With all that being said, there will be NO PARTICIPATION on behalf of “Our Voice Matters” in the parade or football game."

http://www.kwqc.com/content/news/Po...lanned-for-UIs-homecoming-game-449308823.html
So what are they going to discuss? The leader of the proposed protest even said police brutality against African Americans in Iowa City isn't a big issue in Iowa City. Got to love Cause heads.

Reactions: IGot5onIt
So what are they going to discuss? The leader of the proposed protest even said police brutality against African Americans in Iowa City isn't a big issue in Iowa City. Got to love Cause heads.

No kidding, It's kind of embarrassing that University officials give any credibility to these groups.

Reactions: SHAWKER
OK Reality time:

About a month ago, a chick on campus asked my cousin if he'd be a spokesman for a group she was trying to start. She said by having a man as the spokesman, the group could influence more men. Supposedly it was to raise support for feminism, but when she started espousing extreme misandrist propaganda, he walked away. She wanted women's status raised above men, wanted to protest male sports leagues as illegal since they exclude women athletes, wanted to mandate vasectomies for men who have "defects" such as imperfect vision, baldness, etc, and supporting genetic discrimination against male babies by demanding clinics that help women who want to have children select their baby's sex and having them choose to have daughters instead of sons. She blamed the violence and aggression in the world on warlike, primitive, homicidal instincts found in all men, and that by reducing male populations, could improve the world. He told her he felt sorry for her and urged her to seek professional help.

I wonder if it was the same chick.

Reactions: IACentralHawk73
Lets get some perspective here. In N. Korea and many other nations in this world people who have jobs are not allowed to buy food for their children or are constantly battered and threatened by simply daring to think about leaving or frowning at their respective political leader.

In this country we have spoiled athletes making millions of dollars spitting on millions of soldiers who have made far less and sacrificed so much more. Then we have the media praising these brave athletes for standing up to the system and saying its only the privelaged who work real jobs doing far more important things and making far less who don't understand their strife.

Then you have these white apologists who have never set foot in a " ghetto" organizing protests against the very people they would call if they ever set foot in these areas they don't understand once they got scared or felt threatened. " Uh yeah I hate your brutal tactics but can you please come protect me.... I'm scared I might get robbed or beaten, thanks."

I love this country and the freedoms it affords me. I've set foot in am one pretty nasty places where people have no rights or medical treatment or even food. If you want to improve the inner cities of this country athletes and NFL pump some money into the schools and educate the youth. Create jobs and training, improve the overall intelligence and cut down on the poverty.

Excuses are there for us all, maybe we should all just wallow in our own filth and protest the successfull? That's not relegated to one group either, it's humanity as a whole.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
I only hope she puts that crap on her resume so those of us who hire can laugh at her, crumple up the paper, and toss it back in her face.

No kidding, It's kind of embarrassing that University officials give any credibility to these groups.
They kind of had to. This had the potential of getting real ugly real fast. Someone from the University who had half a brain finally realized this.

Reactions: CJBauer
Lets get some perspective here. In N. Korea and many other nations in this world people who have jobs are not allowed to buy food for their children or are constantly battered and threatened by simply daring to think about leaving or frowning at their respective political leader.

In this country we have spoiled athletes making millions of dollars spitting on millions of soldiers who have made far less and sacrificed so much more. Then we have the media praising these brave athletes for standing up to the system and saying its only the privelaged who work real jobs doing far more important things and making far less who don't understand their strife.

Then you have these white apologists who have never set foot in a " ghetto" organizing protests against the very people they would call if they ever set foot in these areas they don't understand once they got scared or felt threatened. " Uh yeah I hate your brutal tactics but can you please come protect me.... I'm scared I might get robbed or beaten, thanks."

I love this country and the freedoms it affords me. I've set foot in am one pretty nasty places where people have no rights or medical treatment or even food. If you want to improve the inner cities of this country athletes and NFL pump some money into the schools and educate the youth. Create jobs and training, improve the overall intelligence and cut down on the poverty.

Excuses are there for us all, maybe we should all just wallow in our own filth and protest the successfull? That's not relegated to one group either, it's humanity as a whole.

Well said

So who is she protesting? Police around the nation, but not iowa city police where the protest is? Why not go to where there are and have been problems rather than somewhere there has not been.

Sometimes I wonder about the liberal arts degrees at iowa, every one of those classes I took just required an opinion that aligned with the professor teaching the class.
Definitely agree with the second paragraph.

These idiots calling out police brutality are gonna crap when they need protected from the ones these dipshits are saying are so brutalized, I hope then the cops say f*** ya, fend for yourself.

Please everyone....at the beginning of halftime, pull your bare balls out of your zipper. They're going to play Hokey Pokey over the loudspeakers. "You put your left nard in, you put your left nard out, you put your left nard in and you SHAKE IT ALL ABOUT!!!" Remember to really shake your Jimmy sack so the jumbo Tron picks it up.
I've been on enough breast cancer walks in my lifetime. We need to man up and show solidarity to protest underfunded testicular cancer research. If the person standing in front of you isn't enthusiastic enough, teabag the back of their head for not giving us bro's the appropriate safe space to peacefully bounce our Lord given bean bags!!!!

We need more police brutality. Too many smart ass kids running around protesting dumb shit.
4th grader at des moines school tried to poison 2 girls with a flask of vodka/rat poison this week. Cops ask if he knew he could have killed them. "they deserve it, i don't like them" he replied.
punishment=getting moved to different 4th grade class

We're all gonna be screwed in about 10-15 years.

That's what you're gonna have if people like you keep it up.
Personally, I have no need for law enforcement for protection. I'm certified and licensed to carry and conceal. But I've seen your posts. "There should be more police brutality" Is that Making America Great Again?

You've told people who don't agree with you they should pack up and leave. Hey, if you want to live under a police state maybe you should move...to Valenzuela, or North Korea or Turkey. Or join a fascist group like the neo Nazis.

This thread has taken a ridiculous turn.

The fact is, there should be more support for our police.. and those protesting them, during a national anthem, a week after vegas, and after weve gained so much national goodwill this year was beyond stupid. Would have been the most embarrassing thing I've seen in kinnick stadium and that's saying something

Step 1: don't plead with millennial d-bag agitators (/thread truth)

Step 2: this is far from reality. The reality is that there will likely be numerous unemployed grads with liberal arts degrees shifting their protests to student loan debt. (Or other "bleeding heart" causes of the moment.)

Step 3: WTF is this group chat? (4chan?.................just kidding by the way)

Step 4: college is the least stressful time in life. (Ah ha...Ha ha...ha ha ha ha......AAAAAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA LOL ROFL LMAO..................But really though that is inaccurate. Maybe I just "adult" better than others (yes, that's also a bold faced lie).I look at it as a matter of perspective once you're done with college. You're not being assigned stress after school. More often than not (and more so than in college), you are the one that created the stresses in your life, based on your life choices...........

Personally, I have no need for law enforcement for protection. I'm certified and licensed to carry and conceal. But I've seen your posts. "There should be more police brutality" Is that Making America Great Again?

You've told people who don't agree with you they should pack up and leave. Hey, if you want to live under a police state maybe you should move...to Valenzuela, or North Korea or Turkey. Or join a fascist group like the neo Nazis.

I never posted that there should be more police brutality. It's simple, follow the law and you will have no problem. A country of lawlessness would not be a good situation.

Are there a few bad cops out there, sure there are, but should cops in general be classified as the problem, I don't think so.

I never posted that there should be more police brutality. It's simple, follow the law and you will have no problem. A country of lawlessness would not be a good situation.

Are there a few bad cops out there, sure there are, but should cops in general be classified as the problem, I don't think so.
Then I apologize, I thought it was you. I totally respect law enforcement. Enough said.

It feels somewhat ironic that the protester cited the inability of the police to protect them as the reason for cancelling the protest against police brutality. Maybe we need the police after all?
Nobody is saying get rid of the police or that all police are bad. Nobody is saying that. At all. They're saying that the justice system is skewed against minorities and that there is an lot of police brutality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT