ADVERTISEMENT

PSA: Starship's 4th Integrated Test Flight tentatively June 6

YOU did

Because you kept telling us it was gonna happen.

Dude you will be wrong too. Just hasn’t happened yet. When it does I’ll gladly handle it a million times better than you have with rrk77. Talking OCD level stuff.

Everyone was guessing.
It doesn’t really matter who was right or wrong.
This is the internet, not serious bizness.
Chill brah.

No matter how you slice it, being close to launching again after the damage from the previous launch within a few months is an achievement.

Plus, again, lets highlight the fact that SLS has been in design for 10+ years, costs 4 billion per launch, and can't even land on the Moon without Starship or some other vehicle to do it.. ULA can't even recover a launch vehicle yet and their cost per launch is a joke compared to Falcon.. and Blue Origin, a company OLDER than SpaceX, hasn't achieved orbit on anything yet.. Boeing, who got more money for Starliner than SpaceX got for Crew Dragon, hasn't even flown to the space station with crew yet while Spacex has been there what, 5 times with NASA crew and flew 2 private crews?

No matter how you slice it, being close to launching again after the damage from the previous launch within a few months is an achievement.

Plus, again, lets highlight the fact that SLS has been in design for 10+ years, costs 4 billion per launch, and can't even land on the Moon without Starship or some other vehicle to do it.. ULA can't even recover a launch vehicle yet and their cost per launch is a joke compared to Falcon.. and Blue Origin, a company OLDER than SpaceX, hasn't achieved orbit on anything yet.. Boeing, who got more money for Starliner than SpaceX got for Crew Dragon, hasn't even flown to the space station with crew yet while Spacex has been there what, 5 times with NASA crew and flew 2 private crews?
I don't really get the hate of SpaceX on here. I mean, I understand that the political weirdos on here like to shit on Musk, but what SpaceX does compared to ULA, Blue Origin, NASA in terms of time, money, design, and innovation is fuggin impressive.

Living most of my life on the Space Coast with family, friends, neighbors working out at the Cape, it's astonishing what SpaceX has accomplished compared to the old school companies (Lockheed, Boeing, Grumman, etc).

Musk isn't even super involved in SpaceX anymore. It basically runs itself.

Yes, Elon and the higher ups made the mistake of not putting in a flame diverter when they were advised to do so, bad call. It ended up costing them more money and headaches with the FAA. No one died.

Last edited:
Reactions: PoopandBoogers
Oh, and I forgot.. SLS damaged the shit out of the mobile launcher. It has been sitting out being repaired for months now.

Very good gubener. What's next for Elon's dick rocket?
On Monday, SpaceX successfully tested their water deluge system that will dampen the flame from the Starship launch. Launch will occur when? Who knows for sure, but they seem to be close to their predicted timeline.

Meanwhile, SpaceX has launched rockets 47 times so far this year, a rate of one every four days. They also have successfully landed over 200 boosters. The company just increased its value to $150 billion via secondary stock share sales.

As noted above, Space X has hit home run after home run. After hiring thousands of aerospace engineers from NASA, other companies and college grads - it is now the most successful aerospace business in the world and is no longer merely Elon Musk’s pet project.

On Monday, SpaceX successfully tested their water deluge system that will dampen the flame from the Starship launch. Launch will occur when? Who knows for sure

Yeah...that was the point, three months ago.

I suspect you would know, old man

R.39536d900633784940cacb4b83f508f2

Just watched another Starlink Falcon lift off, it was one of the cooler one's I've seen. There was a hazy cloud cover, mid atmosphere, and when the rocket flew through, it blew it outward into a circelike ring that followed it up until it turned SE. Lit the night sky up like sunrise.

They were supposed to launch another rocket, the Falcon Heavy (3 boosters instead of 1, like tonight), but that was delayed until tomorrow night. This launch is having 2 of the 3 rockets return here to land back on the pad, which in my book, is cooler to see (and hear, with 2 nut shaking sonic booms).

A hunched over, old feller with a cane and a navy cap was next to me, I asked him if he needed help back up and down the crossover, he pointed the cane at me and said "I made it here, I can make it back." I laughed and he said "That was a beautiful launch", and I replied, "yep, that was one of the better ones. You coming back tomorrow night for the big one? He said, "I haven't left yet, but I did when my first wife asked me that".

Just watched another Starlink Falcon lift off, it was one of the cooler one's I've seen. There was a hazy cloud cover, mid atmosphere, and when the rocket flew through, it blew it outward into a circelike ring that followed it up until it turned SE. Lit the night sky up like sunrise.

They were supposed to launch another rocket, the Falcon Heavy (3 boosters instead of 1, like tonight), but that was delayed until tomorrow night. This launch is having 2 of the 3 rockets return here to land back on the pad, which in my book, is cooler to see (and hear, with 2 nut shaking sonic booms).

A hunched over, old feller with a cane and a navy cap was next to me, I asked him if he needed help back up and down the crossover, he pointed the cane at me and said "I made it here, I can make it back." I laughed and he said "That was a beautiful launch", and I replied, "yep, that was one of the better ones. You coming back tomorrow night for the big one? He said, "I haven't left yet, but I did when my first wife asked me that".
#1 reason I'm jealous of you folks in Florida. I would love to see a launch. I'm just hanging out in Iowa catching catfish and I watched the ISS fly over. That's about as good as it gets.

#1 reason I'm jealous of you folks in Florida. I would love to see a launch. I'm just hanging out in Iowa catching catfish and I watched the ISS fly over. That's about as good as it gets.
Catching the ISS is badass. We can see it from where I'm at, but depending on the moon phase/sun, time of day and light pollution, it's honestly a hit or miss and usually comes down to blind luck unless you plan for it.

If you really want to see a launch, then just come down for a week. They're launching them like crazy, 4 a month or so. Certain ones are better of course, depending on the payload, launch system, humans, nightime, etc. But they're all worth to watch at least once in your lifetime if you're into that kinda nerdy cool scene.

The previous launch a few days ago, I taught the neighbors grandkids how you're supposed to do the countdown, and explained it explicitly, but of course as kids, counted "down" 1-2-3...". I fixed em right, and when it went off, they shouted "321 Blast Off" like we did when I was their age. They jumped around when it lifted off and when the rumbles hit, it was a bit of some nostalgia feels fur shure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT