ADVERTISEMENT

PSA: Starship's 4th Integrated Test Flight tentatively June 6

He’s exactly correct! You don’t have an Effen clue how atmospheric braking works, ya dummie!
You should probably stay in your lane, son.

You've already been proven wrong about asteroid mining tech here.

You should probably stay in your lane, son.

You've already been proven wrong about asteroid mining tech here.
The only thing that’s been proven in this thread, skippee, is your total ignorance about physics, space tech, plus orbital and celestial mechanics.

The only thing that’s been proven in this thread, skippee, is your total ignorance about physics, space tech, plus orbital and celestial mechanics.

LMAO!
I've posted links for you that demonstrate you are wrong here. Yet, here you are, quadrupling down on the stupid.

LMAO!
I've posted links for you that demonstrate you are wrong here. Yet, here you are, quadrupling down on the stupid.
Obviously, you didn’t even read your own links let alone understand them. Hell, you think that accelerating an object in orbit in the asteroid belt will bring it closer to the Earth. Moran.

Obviously, you didn’t even read your own links let alone understand them. Hell, you think that accelerating an object in orbit in the asteroid belt will bring it closer to the Earth.

LOLWUT?

If you "accelerate" that asteroid on a trajectory around Jupiter and slingshot it back to the inner solar system (exactly how we launched every one of our space probes into the outer solar system), you absolutely CAN do this.

#OrbitalMechanics:101

And here I was looking forward to a friendly debate on orbital and celestial physics. Guess I'll save it for the guys at the bar
This is hort/giao baby. Nothing is friendly!

And oh yea, rrk77 is a rocket scientist and attorney. First scheister attorney to set up shop on Mars.

LOLWUT?

If you "accelerate" that asteroid on a trajectory around Jupiter and slingshot it back to the inner solar system (exactly how we launched every one of our space probes into the outer solar system), you absolutely CAN do this.

#OrbitalMechanics:101
So you are proposing sending a spacecraft with an ion propulsion engine to the asteroid belt, hooking it to an asteroid of separate and substantial independent mass and inertia, altering both objects inertia and direction by force on a path to obtain a gravity deceleration from Jupiter (which is NOT the same as gravity acceleration to the outer solar system used by Voyager, etc, that you mentioned) sending it on an inner solar system rendezvous with Earth? Well, good luck with that, Major Tom, given the energy requirements, time necessary, logistics of orbital mechanics, and also the cost. Not happening.

So you are proposing sending a spacecraft with an ion propulsion engine to the asteroid belt, hooking it to an asteroid of separate and substantial independent mass and inertia, altering both objects inertia and direction by force on a path to obtain a gravity deceleration from Jupiter (which is NOT the same as gravity acceleration to the outer solar system used by Voyager, etc, that you mentioned) sending it on an inner solar system rendezvous with Earth? Well, good luck with that

It is EXACTLY what the University of Michigan slideshow, from ~2013? indicates.

It is EXACTLY what the University of Michigan slideshow, from ~2013? indicates.
And like I said, the article itself includes the problems that demonstrate why it won’t work. They mention them (insufficient ion propulsion capabilities, time necessary, radiation, etc.) without offering solutions other than “future development.” That article was some pie-in-the-sky dream written by a grad student who managed to impress a couple of UM academics who signed off on it. It’s an engineering nightmare and will not work.

And like I said, the article itself includes the problems that demonstrate why it won’t work

But sending astronauts out to the asteroid belt for 2-3 years (which NONE of the technologies are developed to do) is somehow "more feasible" to you?

Jeebus you're are one dumb f***er....

Reactions: GOHOX69
But sending astronauts out to the asteroid belt for 2-3 years (which NONE of the technologies are developed to do) is somehow "more feasible" to you?

Jeebus you're are one dumb f***er....
We (and the Chinese) are developing EXACTLY those technologies on the Moon with Artemis, you ignorant dolt.

• Haha
We (and the Chinese) are developing EXACTLY those technologies on the Moon

Really?

No one has been back to the Moon with any manned mission since the 70s.

And just because you can put a base on the Moon, it's not remotely close to sending a group of guys out to the asteroid belt to mine an asteroid. Hell...the ISS cannot even function w/o resupply for more that a few months. NOW you're going to send people out on multi-year missions, where re-supply isn't feasible?

• Love
Really?

No one has been back to the Moon with any manned mission since the 70s.

And just because you can put a base on the Moon, it's not remotely close to sending a group of guys out to the asteroid belt to mine an asteroid. Hell...the ISS cannot even function w/o resupply for more that a few months. NOW you're going to send people out on multi-year missions, where re-supply isn't feasible?
We’ll learn to mine and resupply miners on the Moon way before we ever try that cockeyed suicide mission of yours to bring an asteroid to the Earth’s surface and mine it there.

We’ll learn to mine and resupply miners on the Moon way before we ever try that cockeyed suicide mission of yours to bring an asteroid to the Earth’s surface and mine it there.

We'll most likely bring the asteroid back to the Moon. And LONG before anyone is out mining the asteroid belt from a spaceship/space-station.

Starship is the target of weenies like Major Tom and Luddite here on this board. They desperately want it to fail because they hate Musk politically and are risk-averse flat earthers who want to rot on this planet. I say- LET THEM DO SO!

Starship is the target of weenies like Major Tom and Luddite here on this board. They desperately want it to fail because they hate Musk politically and are risk-averse flat earthers who want to rot on this planet. I say- LET THEM DO SO!
Do you poop in your pants?

• Haha
Reactions: Joes Place
Look, belem- Musk is a damn dope when it comes to politics, he didn’t used to be (I suspect taxes is the issue, like all rich f##cks.) But that doesn’t change the great things SpaceX is doing.

• Haha
Look, belem- Musk is a damn dope when it comes to politics, he didn’t used to be (I suspect taxes is the issue, like all rich f##cks.) But that doesn’t change the great things SpaceX is doing.
How's the legal practice, counselor? What'cha practicin Atticus Finch?

A guy who likes to stick to the past especially in terms of tech; resistant to change. In his context, 2 out of the 3 big words he knows.
Luddite totally understands what it means cuz it is his treasured lifestyle and belief because, well, he IS a Luddite.

I said > 3 months.
And NASA is going to take how long to launch the next SLS? So just who is it that has a better production and exploration plan? It is no accident that SpaceX has become NASA’s go to contractor. Starship will launch again damn sooner than you predicted. Toad.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT