ADVERTISEMENT

PSU, James Franklin and players being sued for hazing

When Sandusky hit the fan, dozens of victims came forward. Not this time. Crickets. Unless Humphries was the only victim, ever, you would think another player, past or present, would step up and corroborate.

Just because the police couldn't find the evidence necessary to charge somebody with a crime, doesn't mean that what was alleged didn't happen. I can't imagine this kid would go through with this if nothing happened to him. Kind of embarrassing to release the details. We will see soon enough what evidence there is. If it is shown this did happened but the school's investigation said nothing happened, there is going to be a huge outcry against PSU and for good reason because then it looks like another cover up.

BINGO!

This was all investigated by police last fall and no evidence was found to press charges.
How would they possibly decide otherwise? You have one alleged victim saying something happened, and several assailants, and the head coach saying it didn't. Frankly I'm shocked the kid came forward at all, obvious no win situation for him.

What kind of grown heterosexual man puts his sausage between another man's buns in the locker room as a joke? These guys need to be institutionalized.
I'm not that old and we certainly didn't do crap like that!

Must be the "jackass" effect! :(

What kind of grown heterosexual man puts his sausage between another man's buns in the locker room as a joke? These guys need to be institutionalized.
What of the describe activity gives you the impression they are heterosexual ?

There is nothing here to make any serious claims. It appears authorities did the right thing. One's hatred for PSU doesn't make them guilty. I don't want to destroy anyone's life simply because I don't like their football team.

Or it could fall into the 'fool us once...' category. They may have a small history of not being real solid when they are investigating their own, especially when it may tarnish the football program. The response would be similar if it was o$u or sparty that was in charge of athletes well being.

Or it could fall into the 'fool us once...' category. They may have a small history of not being real solid when they are investigating their own, especially when it may tarnish the football program. The response would be similar if it was o$u or sparty that was in charge of athletes well being.
Still, "I don't want to destroy anyone's life simply because I don't like their football team."

Sounds like they have some closeted homosexuals on their team who are also incredible bullies. Sick.

There is nothing here to make any serious claims. It appears authorities did the right thing. One's hatred for PSU doesn't make them guilty. I don't want to destroy anyone's life simply because I don't like their football team.
I don't think we have the power to destroy anyone's life with claims or opinion.

Reactions: ChitSandwich
Just because the police couldn't find the evidence necessary to charge somebody with a crime, doesn't mean that what was alleged didn't happen. I can't imagine this kid would go through with this if nothing happened to him. Kind of embarrassing to release the details. We will see soon enough what evidence there is. If it is shown this did happened but the school's investigation said nothing happened, there is going to be a huge outcry against PSU and for good reason because then it looks like another cover up.
Wasn't there a rash of transfers last off season or the one before? I'm thinking it probably wasn't a coincidence.

I don't think we have the power to destroy anyone's life with claims or opinion.
Some on here are trying to sway public opinion and demand Franklin be fired. It is contributing to the demise of an innocent until proven guilty individual.

Not sure what to make of this whole situation...Franklin definitely comes across as the win at all costs sleezeball type, but I have reservations about the whole situation. I would think that given Penn St's recent past, matters of this nature would be handled with the utmost care given the potentially program crushing outcome that could and should come down should the allegations prove to be true. On the one hand I just don't get why anyone would make any of this sh** up if not true given the graphic and twisted nature of his claims. On the other hand, given that this was already investigated and multiple players disclaimed and denied the allegations makes you wonder about the credibility of Humphries. IMO either Penn St is a really sadistic program or this kid had a strong hate for Franklin and some of his teammates and was looking to bury them and collect a nice sum of money. In either case, not a good look for Penn St.
https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatef...-accusations-against-penn-state-football.html

Not sure what to make of this whole situation...Franklin definitely comes across as the win at all costs sleezeball type, but I have reservations about the whole situation. I would think that given Penn St's recent past, matters of this nature would be handled with the utmost care given the potentially program crushing outcome that could and should come down should the allegations prove to be true. On the one hand I just don't get why anyone would make any of this sh** up if not true given the graphic and twisted nature of his claims. On the other hand, given that this was already investigated and multiple players disclaimed and denied the allegations makes you wonder about the credibility of Humphries. IMO either Penn St is a really sadistic program or this kid had a strong hate for Franklin and some of his teammates and was looking to bury them and collect a nice sum of money. In either case, not a good look for Penn St.
https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatef...-accusations-against-penn-state-football.html

Pretty standard. ‘If you want us to support your transfer you will say.....’

Shouldn't convict without proof.

Did I miss where this case has been assigned to the people here to be adjudicated? Much the same way you get to profess their innocence others can share their opinions. Heck they may even post that this school has a history of downplaying, denying and deflecting claims about bad behavior.

Reactions: ChitSandwich
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT