ADVERTISEMENT

PSUs Wave effort

Relax fellas, 90% of these idiots are the same morons that take up residence on the wrestling board, think wrestling was invented a decade ago, and are reviled on their own board. There are some damn good PSU posters, but they're few and far between.

While I understand the inclination to paint all Penn Staters with the same brush, it should be noted that it was a grand jury comprised of Penn Staters that indicted the criminals, and a second (and third) jury of Penn Staters that convicted and sent them to prison. Just sayin'.

PSU raises more money for kids than just about any organization on earth thru THON. It’s cool that you guys wave though, I bet that makes you feel good.
Waving to the kids DOES make us feel good, because it makes THEM feel good. Do you think the kids are up there asking their parents " I wonder how much those fans donated for the cancer fund? " No they live in the moment and although donations are important, a person's actions are important on a different level then their wallet.

Reactions: MrsScrew
Are you really ignorant enough to think that Iowans don't donate a lot of money to the Childrens hospital? A bunch of the 3 million donated last week was from Iowans. Our coach and his wife have personally donated a couple of million over the last several years. Mary Ferentz sponsers a womens football camp that has donated over a million dollars. The Wave tshirt sales, (which was the brain child of 3 former players and their wifes who were alumni) has donated 100's of thousands of dollars. You really shouldn't make such an ignorant comment, about such an important subject.
Doesn't dance marathon raise money for the children's hospital every year as well?

Um, there were only a few PSU players doing The Wave in that video, just as I said, and you can see the team on the field basically ignoring the whole thing.

Compared to what other teams do, it’s wasn’t a good look for the Nittany Lions, and someone should tell them to maybe amp it up a bit more next time. Then again, it’s their choice if they want to ignore it and look like a bunch of big lugs. No law against that.
That's not what happened. There was a timeout and the Penn State team was on the field with the coaches. Rather pathetic taking any little cheap shot you can. Amazing how this board believes it's better than others. Better than PSU, better than Neb, Minny, MI, etc. etc. You're just Iowans, no better than anyone else. You're arrogance is laughable. You lost, again, deal with it. You don't even appreciate the staff you have which is excellent. You're not going to do better than Kirk and you're damn lucky to have him. You're just too dumb and arrogant to get that.

That's not what happened. There was a timeout and the Penn State team was on the field with the coaches. Rather pathetic taking any little cheap shot you can. Amazing how this board believes it's better than others. Better than PSU, better than Neb, Minny, MI, etc. etc. You're just Iowans, no better than anyone else. You're arrogance is laughable. You lost, again, deal with it. You don't even appreciate the staff you have which is excellent. You're not going to do better than Kirk and you're damn lucky to have him. You're just too dumb and arrogant to get that.

coach Ferentz is from Pennsylvania and was raised there. He’s okay by me!

same with Iowa’s basketball coach!

Reactions: Hotshoe
The Nittany Lions are a bunch of filthy degenerates ...and don’t get me started about their fans.

It’s the equivalent of [wichever one you think is most corrupt] Party and those who actually still vote for them.
As a former resident of Iowa I can definitely say a portion of your fan base can be described that way , but I won't paint the whole fan base with a broad brush like you .

We all sure do love the wave. My cynicism wonders how many of us are also doing charity for children’s causes? Actually donataint our time and money. I’ll hang up a d listen.

PSU raises more money for kids than just about any organization on earth thru THON. It’s cool that you guys wave though, I bet that makes you feel good.

all they wanted you to do was wave at the kids. You couldn't spend 20 goddam seconds to do that?

Reactions: MrsScrew
Joe Paterno was called the most powerful man in college football but he couldn't keep former employee Jerry Sandusky out of his showers. What a ****ing joke.

"But but but... I told my bosses about it."

So do you think that he had some sort of badge that allowed him to violate university policy and state law? Had Joe overstepped his bounds, investigated the watered down hearsay of potential abuse with no known victim... it would be idiots like you saying "Who did he think he was, why didn't he just report it and step aside?" Haters gonna hate.

Joe's superiors approved Sandusky's retirement package, Joe was on record as being against it. While Joe was cordial with Jerry, letting his kids and grand kids be around him (proof he had no idea), he did not like Jerry. After Joe properly reported hearsay of potential abuse, Jerry's privileges were revoked.

Being found not guilty and being innocent are different things, OJ.

No shit. Maybe in your research you've come across some sort of evidence that proves your point. But considering the jury convicted him on counts were no witness and no victim testified... they had to be pretty damn sure he wasn't guilty of raping the infamous "shower" victim. It also helps that the victim is on the record saying no abuse occurred... but I'm sure you've got something stronger than that to share?

Yep, I think without question Penn State fans are the worst in the country. You guys deserve to have your reputation forever tarnished by a pedophile who was enabled for decades. Yep, couldn't have happened to a more deserving fan base.

It's a good thing nobody cares what you think. Do you have some sort of proof of your accusation, other than your opinion which is sadly based on emotions from losing a damn football game? None of the PSU admins were found guilty of a cover up, you might want to contact the AG in PA and share your findings. While you are at it, why don't you regale us with your evidence for how the long debunked 70s accusers are true? While you are proving fantasies, can you also provide evidence that the earth is flat, and for the existence of unicorns.

Black Elmo 2 said:
While I understand the inclination to paint all Penn Staters with the same brush, it should be noted that it was a grand jury comprised of Penn Staters that indicted the criminals, and a second (and third) jury of Penn Staters that convicted and sent them to prison. Just sayin'.

Criminals? There was one criminal, and he didn't work for Penn State. Why do you assume everyone on the grand jury was a Penn Stater? and which grand jury? It's clear you are not educated on this topic.

So do you think that he had some sort of badge that allowed him to violate university policy and state law? Had Joe overstepped his bounds, investigated the watered down hearsay of potential abuse with no known victim... it would be idiots like you saying "Who did he think he was, why didn't he just report it and step aside?" Haters gonna hate.

Joe's superiors approved Sandusky's retirement package, Joe was on record as being against it. While Joe was cordial with Jerry, letting his kids and grand kids be around him (proof he had no idea), he did not like Jerry. After Joe properly reported hearsay of potential abuse, Jerry's privileges were revoked.

No shit. Maybe in your research you've come across some sort of evidence that proves your point. But considering the jury convicted him on counts were no witness and no victim testified... they had to be pretty damn sure he wasn't guilty of raping the infamous "shower" victim. It also helps that the victim is on the record saying no abuse occurred... but I'm sure you've got something stronger than that to share?

It's a good thing nobody cares what you think. Do you have some sort of proof of your accusation, other than your opinion which is sadly based on emotions from losing a damn football game? None of the PSU admins were found guilty of a cover up, you might want to contact the AG in PA and share your findings. While you are at it, why don't you regale us with your evidence for how the long debunked 70s accusers are true? While you are proving fantasies, can you also provide evidence that the earth is flat, and for the existence of unicorns.

Criminals? There was one criminal, and he didn't work for Penn State. Why do you assume everyone on the grand jury was a Penn Stater? and which grand jury? It's clear you are not educated on this topic.
It’s over you are Pedo St till the end of time. Go back to your little cult on bwi and convince those guys of something. At some point in time maybe Penn St fans will realize this is now their legacy.

Maybe PSU's players were afraid people would think they were trying to wave the kids into their van.

Your AD was convicted of child endangerment....

I'm glad you brought this up. Tim Curley is a friend of mine. I have yet to run into a single person who knows him who doesn't speak of him in the highest terms. So please let me put this in perspective?

Tim, his immediate boss and the university president were initially charged with five felonies each. The commonwealth spent six years and $ millions of taxpayer money, but was unable to prove a single one of those charges. They weren't going to go away empty handed, so they forced Tim to plea to one misdemeanor charge of endangering the welfare of a child.

Tim had maintained his innocence for all these years. However, had he gone to trial and been convicted of any one of the felony charges, he would have jeopardized his pension. He's also battling lung cancer. His career, as he knew it, was over. He has a wonderful wife who's been through hell for 6 years. He just couldn't risk losing his pension. And he was promised no jail time. Making matters worse, Sandusky was so toxic that the jury pool was about as polluted as the Cuyahoga River in the 80's. More than half of the prospective jurors polled said they wanted those guys punished whether they broke the law or not. Tim really had no choice.

Taking into consideration that Sandusky was acquitted on the sexual deviant act charge in that case and the state couldn't prove any of the original fifteen felonies against the three administrators, what does that say about the narrative you were told in 2012 and have probably never questioned since?

As for Paterno, for him to have had a moral lapse here, he would have had to have believed that those three men had really screwed up. There's absolutely nothing to support that. The NCAA restored Paterno's wins and walked back the sanctions. Again, what does that say about the narrative?

It should say that there was no conspiracy to conceal Sandusky's crimes. It should say that the worst that can be said about these guys is that they were fooled by Sandusky, just like everybody else. It should say that these guys were falsely accused so as to implicate PSU and then hung out to dry by the university's BOT to protect their cronies at The Second Mile.

The bottom line is that nobody involved with that incident acted as though there was a victim. And that's because nothing approaching child sexual abuse was reported to any of them. They took away Sandusky's guest privileges because it was inappropriate for Sandusky to be showering alone with kids from his charity and Tim informed the head of The Second Mile, who...and I can't stress this enough....suggested, as an alternative, to have Jerry wear swim trunks when showering with boys.

These people didn't believe Jerry Sandusky was a pedophile. None of them did! That PSU won't rewrite this narrative is the real scandal and it may just be the tip of the iceberg.

Thanks for reading.

As for "the wave", frankly I'm surprised Franklin wasn't more on top of it. Don't fault the players. Most of them are freshmen and sophomores who weren't there in 2017. But Franklin is very detail oriented and rarely misses an opportunity to garner good press for the program. My guess is he knew he was in a dog fight, really wanted to get the 'road woes against ranked teams' monkey off his back and forgot all about it.

Last edited:
The bottom line is that nobody involved with that incident acted as though there was a victim. And that's because nothing approaching child sexual abuse was reported to any of them. .

It was reported to JoePa but not the admin. McQueary went to JoePa because he wanted JoePa to decide what to do with the info. McQueary knew the information could be detrimental to PSU and he was loyal to JoePa and he wanted him to decide. Tim Curley and the other admin were found not guilty on most charges because neither JoePa or McQueary reported it to them. Again, the PSU BOT knew what happened long before this ever went thru the court. That's why JoePa got fired. JoePa made a big mistake, at least, if not worse. You guys would be better off supporting your BOT. They might have more info than the general public as well.

I'm glad you brought this up. Tim Curley is a friend of mine. I have yet to run into a single person who knows him who doesn't speak of him in the highest terms. So please let me put this in perspective?

Tim, his immediate boss and the university president were initially charged with five felonies each. The commonwealth spent six years and $ millions of taxpayer money, but was unable to prove a single one of those charges. They weren't going to go away empty handed, so they forced Tim to plea to one misdemeanor charge of endangering the welfare of a child.

Tim had maintained his innocence for all these years. However, had he gone to trial and been convicted of any one of the felony charges, he would have jeopardized his pension. He's also battling lung cancer. His career, as he knew it, was over. He has a wonderful wife who's been through hell for 6 years. He just couldn't risk losing his pension. And he was promised no jail time. Making matters worse, Sandusky was so toxic that the jury pool was about as polluted as the Cuyahoga River in the 80's. More than half of the prospective jurors polled said they wanted those guys punished whether they broke the law or not. Tim really had no choice.

Taking into consideration that Sandusky was acquitted on the sexual deviant act charge in that case and the state couldn't prove any of the original fifteen felonies against the three administrators, what does that say about the narrative you were told in 2012 and have probably never questioned since?

As for Paterno, for him to have had a moral lapse here, he would have had to have believed that those three men had really screwed up. There's absolutely nothing to support that. The NCAA restored Paterno's wins and walked back the sanctions. Again, what does that say about the narrative?

It should say that there was no conspiracy to conceal Sandusky's crimes. It should say that the worst that can be said about these guys is that they were fooled by Sandusky, just like everybody else. It should say that these guys were falsely accused so as to implicate PSU and then hung out to dry by the university's BOT to protect their cronies at The Second Mile.

The bottom line is that nobody involved with that incident acted as though there was a victim. And that's because nothing approaching child sexual abuse was reported to any of them. They took away Sandusky's guest privileges because it was inappropriate for Sandusky to be showering alone with kids from his charity and Tim informed the head of The Second Mile, who...and I can't stress this enough....suggested, as an alternative, to have Jerry wear swim trunks when showering with boys.

These people didn't believe Jerry Sandusky was a pedophile. None of them did! That PSU won't rewrite this narrative is the real scandal and it may just be the tip of the iceberg.

Thanks for reading.

As for "the wave", frankly I'm surprised Franklin wasn't more on top of it. Don't fault the players. Most of them are freshmen and sophomores who weren't there in 2017. But Franklin is very detail oriented and rarely misses an opportunity to garner good press for the program. My guess is he knew he was in a dog fight, really wanted to get the 'road woes against ranked teams' monkey off his back and forgot all about it.

Sorry to hear about the cancer, it's a horrible disease and no one deserves to have that.
Your post puts some of your previous posts into perspective for me. Now that I know that it is a personal issue it explains how your vision can be clouded. I had a classmate in a small school (80 people in the grade), great friend growing up, drifted apart in college and as life got busier, when my mom passed away he cut his family vacation in half to make the visitation. A person that even though we had drifted would have been one of the people I would have trusted with any aspect of my life based on my experiences and his character growing up. I heard a legal issue for him and was shocked, followed awhile later with him committing one of the worst crimes and made national news. Of those 80 people in the class I would have put him in the least likely 2-3 to do anything remotely like this. It doesn't change the reality that he did it.
Prison is filled with innocent people, 'great guy, can't believe this happened' Heck any major crime the interviews are the 'a bunch of good kids', etc.

Reactions: hwk23
It was reported to JoePa but not the admin. McQueary went to JoePa because he wanted JoePa to decide what to do with the info. McQueary knew the information could be detrimental to PSU and he was loyal to JoePa and he wanted him to decide. Tim Curley and the other admin were found not guilty on most charges because neither JoePa or McQueary reported it to them. Again, the PSU BOT knew what happened long before this ever went thru the court. That's why JoePa got fired. JoePa made a big mistake, at least, if not worse. You guys would be better off supporting your BOT. They might have more info than the general public as well.

That's just nonsense!

A) Why would Paterno report it to his superiors at all, if he was trying to conceal anything? Why didn't he tell McQueary to keep quiet and give him the job he was after?

B) Why would McQueary tell the truth to Joe, only to withhold information from Curley and Schultz? You're suggesting McQueary committed a felony because Joe asked him to. Where is there any proof of that? Why wasn't McQueary charged?

C) Why wasn't anyone worried that the kid and/or his family were going to come forward to the authorities? They didn't even try to find out who the kid was (for which they were raked over the coals). Wouldn't any attempt to conceal Sandusky's crime necessitate securing the victim's silence?

D) Why didn't Curley, Schultz and Spanier throw Joe and/or each other under the bus? Joe was dead. Why would they risk prison for him?

You're right about the BOT having more information than the general public. Just not in the way you think.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the cancer, it's a horrible disease and no one deserves to have that.
Your post puts some of your previous posts into perspective for me. Now that I know that it is a personal issue it explains how your vision can be clouded. I had a classmate in a small school (80 people in the grade), great friend growing up, drifted apart in college and as life got busier, when my mom passed away he cut his family vacation in half to make the visitation. A person that even though we had drifted would have been one of the people I would have trusted with any aspect of my life based on my experiences and his character growing up. I heard a legal issue for him and was shocked, followed awhile later with him committing one of the worst crimes and made national news. Of those 80 people in the class I would have put him in the least likely 2-3 to do anything remotely like this. It doesn't change the reality that he did it.
Prison is filled with innocent people, 'great guy, can't believe this happened' Heck any major crime the interviews are the 'a bunch of good kids', etc.
With all due respect, why is my vision clouded? What was proven in court that supports the narrative you were force fed 7 years ago?

That's just nonsense!

A) Why would Paterno report it to his superiors at all, if he was trying to conceal anything? Why didn't he tell McQueary to keep quiet and give him the job he was after?

B) Why would McQueary tell the truth to Joe, only to withhold information from Curley and Schultz?

C) Why didn't Curley, Schultz and Spanier throw Joe and/or each other under the bus?

You're right about the BOT having more information than the general public. Just not in the way you think.

A) JoePa didn't report the full story. That's the problem. He should have been much more clear how serious the allegations were. JoePa made a big mistake in that regards, at least, and that's why the PSU BOT fired him. It took the admin 10 days to even follow-up with McQueary.

Curley said his first report of the incident came from Paterno, whom he said characterized McQueary as uncomfortable with what Paterno described "horseplay" and "wrestling in the shower."

Curley said when he and Schultz met with McQueary several days later, they set the framework for that conversation by relating what they had heard from Paterno, and asked McQueary if they had it right.

B) Because McQueary told JoePa and he assumed JoePa already told the admin. Again, I believe McQueary was following JoePa's lead and he wanted JoePa to decide what to do. He was loyal and knew it was a serious situation that could be very detrimental to PSU. I'm sure McQueary wishes now he would have skipped JoePa.

C) Show me where an admin said JoePa told them something "of a sexual nature" with a minor occurred as JoePa testified. JoePa didn't tell them that. I'm sure they all agree. If it he did, the admin would be in jail. The PSU BOT knew this a long time ago. The PSU BOT fired just JoePa and not the three admin, if I'm not mistaken. Also, didn't PSU pay like $90 million in settlements. So basically, some of the brightest lawyers in the country got together and decided to pay a massive amount of money but you don't think they had had a good reason.

Last edited:
With all due respect, why is my vision clouded? What was proven in court that supports the narrative you were force fed 7 years ago?

Clouded because it is personal to you.
45 guilty charges against Sandusky
Over $109,000,000 paid out to victims
Penn State agrees to commit $60,000,000 for prevention and treatment for child sexual abuse
Penn State pays a $2,400,000 fine for violating the Clery Act, the highest ever
Curley guilty plea
Schultz guilty plea
Spanier guilty plea*

Maybe some of those things. Keep going on the 'well it wasn't as bad as originally reported' 'that one case wasn't anal sex'
Your vision is clouded by personal bias. Eliminate the names, look at the facts as determined by the courts. Are courts 100%? Nope, can they get all of this wrong? Highly unlikely.

A) JoePa didn't report the full story. That's the problem. He should have been much more clear how serious the allegations were. JoePa made a big mistake in that regards, at least, and that's why the PSU BOT fired him. It took the admin 10 days to even follow-up with McQueary.

Curley said his first report of the incident came from Paterno, whom he said characterized McQueary as uncomfortable with what Paterno described "horseplay" and "wrestling in the shower."

Curley said when he and Schultz met with McQueary several days later, they set the framework for that conversation by relating what they had heard from Paterno, and asked McQueary if they had it right.

B) Because McQueary told JoePa and he assumed JoePa already told the admin. Again, I believe McQueary was following JoePa's lead and he wanted JoePa to decide what to do. He was loyal and knew it was a serious situation that could be very detrimental to PSU. I'm sure McQueary wishes now he would have skipped JoePa.

C) Show me where an admin said JoePa told them something "of a sexual nature" with a minor occurred as JoePa testified. JoePa didn't tell them that. I'm sure they all agree. If it he did, the admin would be in jail. The PSU BOT knew this a long time ago. The PSU BOT fired just JoePa and not the three admin, if I'm not mistaken. Also, didn't PSU pay like $90 million in settlements. So basically, some of the brightest lawyers in the country got together and decided to pay a massive amount of money but you don't think they had had a good reason.

I think they panicked. They were convinced by Gov. Tom Corbett that what was in the grand jury presentment was true. It was not, and Corbett knew it. But Corbett controlled the board and had been the AG responsible for the Sandusky investigation. Then the BOT brought in Lanny Davis and made a calculated decision that falling on the sword was less costly than trying to defend the university. Blaming this on the dead guy was part of a strategy to "move on". Not only was this strategy employed before the facts were known, but by admitting institutional guilt none of the people charged could get a fair trial.

Now I could go in depth about Tom Corbett's role in this, his ties to The Second Mile, etc. You don't want me to, and believe me, I don't want to either. Just know that he's really at the center of all of this. He gloated over his role in getting Joe fired and would later say firing Joe was a mistake.

My point is simply that none of the things that would have had to have been true, for those guys to have done what everyone believes, was proven through the legal process. So why hasn't the narrative been rewritten?

It's not just a fringe group of PSU alumni that believe as I do. Malcolm Gladwell devoted an entire chapter to this topic in his latest book, Talking To Strangers. In it, he says all of those guys got hosed.

I think they panicked. They were convinced by Gov. Tom Corbett that what was in the grand jury presentment was true. It was not, and Corbett knew it. But Corbett controlled the board and had been the AG responsible for the Sandusky investigation. Then the BOT brought in Lanny Davis and made a calculated decision that falling on the sword was less costly than trying to defend the university. Blaming this on the dead guy was part of a strategy to "move on". Not only was this strategy employed before the facts were known, but by admitting institutional guilt none of the people charged could get a fair trial.

Now I could go in depth about Tom Corbett's role in this, his ties to The Second Mile, etc. You don't want me to, and believe me, I don't want to either. Just know that he's really at the center of all of this. He gloated over his role in getting Joe fired and would later say firing Joe was a mistake.

My point is simply that none of the things that would have had to have been true, for those guys to have done what everyone believes, was proven through the legal process. So why hasn't the narrative been rewritten?

It's not just a fringe group of PSU alumni that believe as I do. Malcolm Gladwell devoted an entire chapter to this topic in his latest book, Talking To Strangers. In it, he says all of those guys got hosed.

Deflect, deny and distance. ‘It was the Warriors fault, they killed Cyrus’
Keep banging the drum, facts be damned.

Deflect, deny and distance. ‘It was the Warriors fault, they killed Cyrus’
Keep banging the drum, facts be damned.
Facts! That's what I'm talking about. The facts exonerate all of them.

Again, nothing you believe to be true as it relates to Paterno and the others is supported by what came out of the legal process.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT