ADVERTISEMENT

PSUs Wave effort

DBQ Hawk

HR All-American
Oct 16, 2005
Haven’t seen this mentioned yet, but when The Wave happened, PSU barely acknowledged it. Maybe 5-7 players waved, and their guys meeting on the field basically didn’t at all, but even players doing nothing on their bench but sitting there ignored it.

Just count me as surprised. You’d think Penn St, of all people, would be sensitive to the plight of sick kids, so I was....yeah, kind of disappointed in their lack of participation compared to all of the other visiting teams I’ve seen do it.

Anyway, hopefully they put more effort into it next time around.

Haven’t seen this mentioned yet, but when The Wave happened, PSU barely acknowledged it. Maybe 5-7 players waved, and their guys meeting on the field basically didn’t at all, but even players doing nothing on their bench but sitting there ignored it.

Just count me as surprised. You’d think Penn St, of all people, would be sensitive to the plight of sick kids, so I was....yeah, kind of disappointed in their lack of participation compared to all of the other visiting teams I’ve seen do it.

Anyway, hopefully they put more effort into it next time around.

PSU raises more money for kids than just about any organization on earth thru THON. It’s cool that you guys wave though, I bet that makes you feel good.

Um, it’s only the most wrote about and talked about new college sports tradition, and most teams enthusiastically embrace it when they come, with the ENTIRE team on the field waving for over a full minute. The refs wave, too. And the fans. Some people get teary-eyed. It’s a wonderful shared moment that transcends the game. I was just very surprised that PSU kind of passed on that opportunity. It is a very moving experience in person.

All about football and “traditions” that make you feel good. That’s fine, I’d expect nothing less from you boorish flyover clowns. We actually raise millions for kids with cancer and save lives, but criticize us cuz we didn’t wave hard enough for your liking.
Let me guess, you call out people for not wearing a flag pin but never served...

Bye guys enjoy living in nowhere and banging your ugly mom jeans wives.
Bye buddy. Hope you find your dad.

All about football and “traditions” that make you feel good. That’s fine, I’d expect nothing less from you boorish flyover clowns. We actually raise millions for kids with cancer and save lives, but criticize us cuz we didn’t wave hard enough for your liking.
Let me guess, you call out people for not wearing a flag pin but never served...

You don’t talk about my wife’s ugly mom jeans.

Reactions: Parker D
It's nice when opposing teams participate, but I don't think we should expect them to.

Also, the adjustments they made between quarters seemed to work, so maybe the extra time focused on game planning paid off.
I agree with it shouldn't be expecting for them to do it. But what I noticed after a while it became a oh yeah we're supposed to do this from them.

This "Thon" stuff may be all well and good but at Iowa we take a better, simpler approach.

We just welch on paying the Hospital's contractors and pass the savings onto the precious families in need.

I got a lump in my throat just typing that.

Reactions: odshowtime

Lol, Pennsylvania is one of most back-woodsy states in country.

Also, Iowa does dance marathon also and raised $3m on a whim. But yeah...we’re the ones with problems with kids...

Jerry Sandusky was giving BJs to 10 year olds in the PSU lockers.

I don't care how much you raise, it's not enough of a restitution to make up for the horrors your athletic department caused those families.

Your program should have been given the death penalty. Far worse than SMU.

I don't care how much you raise, it's not enough of a restitution to make up for the horrors your athletic department caused those families.

Your program should have been given the death penalty. Far worse than SMU.

I know what you mean. I feel the same way about Waterloo, Iowa. They should burn that city down for letting a man like John Gacy sneak around and kill all of those innocent people. They should have imprisoned the horrible members of the Waterloo Jaycees who called this man " An Outstanding VIce President of the Waterloo Jaycees"

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/cr...ion_6a23273c-69d4-502e-ad30-143641debb8d.html

Reactions: ChiTownLion

Actually, he was found not guilty of that charge. But your fantasies sure are disturbing. You should be on some sort of watch list. What's been an almost universal truth over the last couple years is those who most emphatically point the finger at PSU, generally do so to cover for their own sins. (Lou Anna Simon, Craig Carton to name a few) So what are you hiding? Actually, I don't want to know.

What specifically do you think PSU caused? Considering Sandusky did not work for PSU. Paterno was never charged with a crime, and was actually a helpful prosecution witness. Please provide specific charges that PSU admins were found guilty of. Also please explain how the state professionals who let Sandusky adopt multiple times, and cleared him in 1998 (before PSU was involved) are not more responsible, and why are they not in your cross hairs. (that last question is rhetorical, it's because the state professionals don't beat you in football)

I know what you mean. I feel the same way about Waterloo, Iowa. They should burn that city down for letting a man like John Gacy sneak around and kill all of those innocent people. They should have imprisoned the horrible members of the Waterloo Jaycees who called this man " An Outstanding VIce President of the Waterloo Jaycees"

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/cr...ion_6a23273c-69d4-502e-ad30-143641debb8d.html

You'll get no disagreement with me about burning Waterloo down.

Actually, he was found not guilty of that charge. But your fantasies sure are disturbing. You should be on some sort of watch list. What's been an almost universal truth over the last couple years is those who most emphatically point the finger at PSU, generally do so to cover for their own sins. (Lou Anna Simon, Craig Carton to name a few) So what are you hiding? Actually, I don't want to know.

What specifically do you think PSU caused? Considering Sandusky did not work for PSU. Paterno was never charged with a crime, and was actually a helpful prosecution witness. Please provide specific charges that PSU admins were found guilty of. Also please explain how the state professionals who let Sandusky adopt multiple times, and cleared him in 1998 (before PSU was involved) are not more responsible, and why are they not in your cross hairs. (that last question is rhetorical, it's because the state professionals don't beat you in football)

Your AD was convicted of child endangerment.

The allegations about Sandusky date back to the 1990s and he was still allowed to use the facilities after he retired. What a BS excuse to say he wasn't employed. "Don't worry about the kiddie rapist in the shower, he's just some guy with a key to the place, not an employee."

Why is Mike McQueary no longer at PSU?

Mike McQueary's testimony for the preliminary perjury trial indicates that he heard 'two or three' slapping sounds before entering the locker room, and later saw Sandusky with his arms around the child's waist while hearing 'more than one' of the showerheads running and saw that the child's hair 'was wet'; although he did not see any sexual contact of hands or genitals or any evidence of arousal, just from the positions of the bodies he knew it was 'over the line' and 'extremely sexual' and 'some sort of intercourse' was taking place, and that he tried to explain what he had seen to Coach Paterno by using the word 'fondling.'

Last edited:
Your AD was convicted of child endangerment.

The allegations about Sandusky date back to the 1990s and he was still allowed to use the facilities after he retired. What a BS excuse to say he wasn't employed. "Don't worry about the kiddie rapist in the shower, he's just some guy with a key to the place, not an employee."

Why is Mike McQueary no longer at PSU?

Mike McQueary's testimony for the preliminary perjury trial indicates that he heard 'two or three' slapping sounds before entering the locker room, and later saw Sandusky with his arms around the child's waist while hearing 'more than one' of the showerheads running and saw that the child's hair 'was wet'; although he did not see any sexual contact of hands or genitals or any evidence of arousal, just from the positions of the bodies he knew it was 'over the line' and 'extremely sexual' and 'some sort of intercourse' was taking place, and that he tried to explain what he had seen to Coach Paterno by using the word 'fondling.'
The child endangerment conviction - a misdemeanor - was akin to the state finding no evidence that the AD participated in any form of cover-up. In essence the court said, “you didn’t know the extent to which Sandusky was committing crimes, but you should have” (which is hard to fathom considering JS has been dubbed a top 1%er groomer by a former FBI profiler).

McQueery is no longer at PSU because Bill O’Brien didn’t want him on his staff. He won a huge whistleblower case against PSU because the same state officials who knew about Sandusky for years wanted to keep him quiet. BTW if Mike M is also a major scum bag, and if you want proof you can look up the dick picks he was sending his girlfriend with whom he cheated on his wife. Also, why did he wait a whole month to tell Joe about what he witnessed in the locker room? And why did he change his story 8000 times depending on who was listening? Truth is, Mike is probably the single reason why that incident that sparked the whole story got thrown out of court - he (and his word) was too unreliable.

Reactions: pandaczar12
PSU raises more money for kids than just about any organization on earth thru THON. It’s cool that you guys wave though, I bet that makes you feel good.
Is that including the $250,000,000 paid in the settlements?

Being found not guilty and being innocent are different things, OJ.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT