ADVERTISEMENT

Pushed out of bounds on catch?

twindman

HB MVP
Sep 1, 2010
Arizona
So what are the rules on this play? Defender grabs a guy up in the air and pushes or carries him OB. So the reception is ruled OB and no catch???? I thought if pushed out it was a catch.
Thanks.

So what are the rules on this play? Defender grabs a guy up in the air and pushes or carries him OB. So the reception is ruled OB and no catch???? I thought if pushed out it was a catch.
Thanks.
Used to be a judgment call for referee on whether he WOULD HAVE landed in-bounds. No judgment call anymore. If you are pushed out and don't get a foot down, you are out. Probably the best way to have the rule to make it clearcut from an officiating standpoint.

I don't believe Iowa got screwed then, because as heat dawg pointed out the push out has always in my memory existed in college. Pushed out you are out, like he stated and the NFL just went to that rule in the last 6 years or so.

I'm pretty sure there was a rule. The announcers were saying something about it that game.

So, theoretically, one could carry a player 3, even 10 yards to make sure he does not land in bounds?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT