ADVERTISEMENT

Questions for Willie The Brain

Wrestling-04

Scout Team
Silver Member
Apr 4, 2024
Let's be honest, when it comes to getting scoop and info in college wrestling MatScouts Willie is a good source to get that info. This thread is started so Hawkeye fans can ask Willie questions about recruiting, the team, and get his insight on the program. Why not?

Willie, if you had to give a percentage chance of Iowa landing Alirez.....what percent you giving?

Reactions: el dub
Willie, if you had to give a percentage chance of Iowa landing Alirez.....what percent you giving?
giphy.gif

I believe he is staying in Colorado

Willie works for a website that charges for content, right? It's worth a try to get his input I guess, but I can't imagine he'll want to regularly answer questions on here. I appreciate when he chooses to jump into threads with his information (thank you, Willie). Given the treatment he gets here at times, I'm kind of surprised he's chosen to stick around.

Curious how Tayler to the Pokes could effect the recruitment of the Mocco boys. All the more reason to hire Steve as assistant IMO. Now is the time to make this move. Steve has shown he can teach technique and mental approach, he is more old school Gable style but I can't imagine him being a downgrade everything considered. I am sure Carew would love to have those boys at BG.

Willie works for a website that charges for content, right? It's worth a try to get his input I guess, but I can't imagine he'll want to regularly answer questions on here. I appreciate when he chooses to jump into threads with his information (thank you, Willie). Given the treatment he gets here at times, I'm kind of surprised he's chosen to stick around.
Personally I'm all about positivity and looking at the glass half full. I know people have bashed Willie on this Iowa forum before, but in all honesty when it comes to college wrestling information, Willie has proven to be the best. I personally subscribe to his Rokfin platform so yea he has my money and I'm ok with that. He is in touch with the recruiting scene and if he can pass some info along to Hawk fans and answer some questions at times then why not haha.

The better question is who isn’t going to PSU at this point.
I love following recruiting and where guys are leaning towards and where they will go. Do you think it's close to getting to the point that some kids may want to go somewhere and be part of the crew that tries to dethrone PSU?

Willie thinks Bo will go to PSU
Good chance Bo does I would guess, but looking at who they have and who is coming in may sway him away? Bo and his dad also seem like the type that may want to go to an Iowa and bring some of his crew to possibly take PSU down. Everyone thought Spencer was a lock at PSU and he chose the Hawks.

Reactions: HawkeyeInKC
It seems to be between tOSU and PSU. Ryan had the early lead but Cael has made a last all out push. Also, DT may shake things up regarding Bo. We shall see.
David Taylor to OSU definitely could shake that decision. I just think the Young Guns ties, Spencer Lee and knowing he would be a star at Iowa could draw him in. Would he be a star at PSU, yes, but it's a lot more quiet there and how they operate.

Given the unwarranted treatment he's given to some wrestling fans in general, I'm kind of surprised people still tolerate him.
I'm fairly new to the forum. I always chose not to get in the forums because it is such time consuming that you get caught up in watching it and wasting time. I bit the bullet and dove in a few months ago. As for Willie, I never met him personally but have been following his content for years. People can say what they want about him, but one thing I know is that he puts out content that is usually correct and some of the wrestling heads that I am connected to agree that he does his homework on recruits and predictions. I'm here to follow recruiting and who the Hawks could land over the years. I could give a shit about what Willie does in his personal life! I'm here for the wrestling talk!

Or use Willie's Intermat forum where his handle is @Husker_Du (or something to that effect)

I'm fairly new to the forum. I always chose not to get in the forums because it is such time consuming that you get caught up in watching it and wasting time. I bit the bullet and dove in a few months ago. As for Willie, I never met him personally but have been following his content for years. People can say what they want about him, but one thing I know is that he puts out content that is usually correct and some of the wrestling heads that I am connected to agree that he does his homework on recruits and predictions. I'm here to follow recruiting and who the Hawks could land over the years. I could give a shit about what Willie does in his personal life! I'm here for the wrestling talk!
I'm not talking about his personal life.

It's not uncommon to see him fly off the handle and get into pissing matches not only on here, but social media. It's entirely unprofessional
for someone that wants to be the "Go to" journalist for wrestling.

He's about midway between Cody Goodwin and Pat Mineo.

Point is, he can be so much better than what he is.

Reactions: DirkTang1
I'm not talking about his personal life.

It's not uncommon to see him fly off the handle and get into pissing matches not only on here, but social media. It's entirely unprofessional
for someone that wants to be the "Go to" journalist for wrestling.

He's about midway between Cody Goodwin and Pat Mineo.

Point is, he can be so much better than what he is.
Yes, we all can be much better than what we are.

ha!

thanks guys. i'm happy to answer anything on here. of course i have a subscription model that keeps my lights on, but 1) that doesn't mean i'm not willing to be honest and open on here. (i love this sport, the fans and the convos so much and 2) recruiting changes every. single. day. which is why flo didn't win their case against me and also why a recruiting coordinator is a must on a top tier staff.

Yes, i fly off the handle at times. 95% of the time it is warranted. i guess i'm just 5% flawed and that's fair.

current narrative is that NCO came up with a package for him. not that met the terms of other offers but that made him comfortable to stay home.

that being said - that's 'what i've heard' and not from the horses mouth. i'll have a better idea tomorrow.

ha!

thanks guys. i'm happy to answer anything on here. of course i have a subscription model that keeps my lights on, but 1) that doesn't mean i'm not willing to be honest and open on here. (i love this sport, the fans and the convos so much and 2) recruiting changes every. single. day. which is why flo didn't win their case against me and also why a recruiting coordinator is a must on a top tier staff.

Yes, i fly off the handle at times. 95% of the time it is warranted. i guess i'm just 5% flawed and that's fair.
Willie, its 83% or 17%. There are no other choices.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT