ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Breakfasts

McLovin32

HB Legend
Feb 1, 2008
Whats your quick go-to breakfast in the morning before work? I don't necessarily mean grabbing something to eat for the drive to work, although those answers could work here too. But I'm more talking about a quick week day breakfast at home that requires little effort/time to throw together? I've never been a big breakfast guy outside of having a protein shake after a workout. But the last month or so I've been hooked on greek yogurt bowls. About a 1-1.5 cups of nonfat plain greek yogurt with fresh blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and almonds. It's damn near a perfect post-workout meal before clocking in to work. Keeps me full for hours.

Any OP's mom jokes will result in BANISHMENT FROM HAWKEYE BEACON IM SUPER SERIOUS

Reactions: BrianNole777
There is this joint near me that puts 3 slabs of sausage and two egg plus cheese in a brioche roll and only charges $4.25.

I don’t know how they are making it profitable but god damn it is the best.

Secret is to let it sit for 15 minutes so the flavor and warmth can infiltrate the entire sandwich.

There is this joint near me that puts 3 slabs of sausage and two egg plus cheese in a brioche roll and only charges $4.25.

I don’t know how they are making it profitable but god damn it is the best.

Secret is to let it sit for 15 minutes so the flavor and warmth can infiltrate the entire sandwich.
That's super cheap for a clogged artery. Americans usually pay way more for one of those.

Every morning, I wake up and I smoke a cigarette. And then I eat five strips of bacon. And for lunch, I eat a bacon sandwich. And for a midday snack? Bacon. A whole damn plate! And I usually drink my dinner. Now, according to all of them flat-belly experts, I should've took a dirt nap like thirty years ago. But each year comes and goes, and I'm still here.

Cup of Greek yogurt and some scrambled eggs. Prob around 350 calories (more or less depending on amount of eggs and brand of yogurt)

Fewer than 5 minutes to make and don’t really leave you feeling cruddy all morning.

Reactions: McLovin32
Not quick in prep, but quick on the day of.....

Make a bunch of breakfast burritos (just scrambled eggs, cheese, peppers, onions, bacon and/or sausage), cook and roll the mix up in your burrito and wrap each burrito in cling wrap and put in the freezer.

Then just take one out in the morning, pop one in the microwave for about 90 seconds and you are in business.

Whats your quick go-to breakfast in the morning before work? I don't necessarily mean grabbing something to eat for the drive to work, although those answers could work here too. But I'm more talking about a quick week day breakfast at home that requires little effort/time to throw together? I've never been a big breakfast guy outside of having a protein shake after a workout. But the last month or so I've been hooked on greek yogurt bowls. About a 1-1.5 cups of nonfat plain greek yogurt with fresh blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and almonds. It's damn near a perfect post-workout meal before clocking in to work. Keeps me full for hours.

Any OP's mom jokes will result in BANISHMENT FROM HAWKEYE BEACON IM SUPER SERIOUS

Granola > Almonds

Every morning, I wake up and I smoke a cigarette. And then I eat five strips of bacon. And for lunch, I eat a bacon sandwich. And for a midday snack? Bacon. A whole damn plate! And I usually drink my dinner. Now, according to all of them flat-belly experts, I should've took a dirt nap like thirty years ago. But each year comes and goes, and I'm still here.
How old are you?

• Haha
Reactions: the24fan
My regular breakfast is a smoothy made with milk, peanut butter, Carnation Instant Breakfast, and a banana. Sometimes I'll have toast with peanut butter.

Oh, and a double shot espresso; got hooked on it when we were in Italy earlier this summer & bought an espresso machine the day we got home.

I’d mix an heaping serving of oatmeal into the yogurt bowl in the OP.

I have always thought it odd that we have such a limited idea of what is a breakfast food. I eat “dinner” food for breakfast all of the time. Today it was leftover homemade chicken fried rice. After a trip to Europe this spring, I see that other countries have much broader options for breakfast—at least in Scandinavia. I loved having all of the cured meats, cheeses, smoked fish, and all sorts of vegetables to go along with the standard American style options.

Kodiak cakes frozen power waffles with a smear of peanut butter and a tiny squeeze of syrup. Also overnight oats. I have each several times a week.
I've wanted to try overnight oats one of these days. I've never had it.

Oh, and a double shot espresso; got hooked on it when we were in Italy earlier this summer & bought an espresso machine the day we got home.
My wife no pics has an espresso machine stored away in one of our closets that she bought before we met and has never used. I'm a fan of espresso and now you've got me thinking I need to bust that thang out.

How old are you?

Doh, you just missed him.

L2SHVWG5JM2GX72B7YYGVGBOLM.jpg

My wife no pics has an espresso machine stored away in one of our closets that she bought before we met and has never used. I'm a fan of espresso and now you've got me thinking I need to bust that thang out.

I love it. Have it pretty much every morning. The machine I bought has a milk frother/steamer to do cappucino, but I rarely use it...just go with the espresso & a little sugar.

I kinda rotate between cereal, Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls or biscuits, and waffles.

Wife eats Greek yogurt with fruit, granola, protein powder, and collagen peptides at least twice a day /csb.

My go to quick is either a scrambled or OE egg on a toasted English muffin with ham and American cheese. Every once and a while I have fridge bacon and will use that with the ham. If I'm feeling extra fat I'll wave a pre cooked sausage patty and do a three meat sammy. Whole process takes 5 min or less.

If I wanna feel like a healthy person I do a bowl of cut bananas and strawberries with one egg.

Any adults saying children's cereal are just that, children. There's a good chance they are pedophiles.

Wife eats Greek yogurt with fruit, granola, protein powder, and collagen peptides at least twice a day /csb.

My go to quick is either a scrambled or OE egg on a toasted English muffin with ham and American cheese. Every once and a while I have fridge bacon and will use that with the ham. If I'm feeling extra fat I'll wave a pre cooked sausage patty and do a three meat sammy. Whole process takes 5 min or less.

If I wanna feel like a healthy person I do a bowl of cut bananas and strawberries with one egg.

Any adults saying children's cereal are just that, children. There's a good chance they are pedophiles.
I hope you stole that tub of bacon earlier today

Usually have overnight oats. Soak the oats in silk overnight, then in the AM add a protein powder and a fruit (bananas w/ paunet butter protein or blue berries w/ plain protein and drizzle of syrup).
Other options are a fruit smoothie with protein powder or Grapenuts.

For me, McDonald's perfected the quick breakfast in the form of a sausage egg mcmuffin. I rarely go to McDonald's so we have the jimmy dean frozen approximation of the same that microwaves up in 2 minutes.

I've always thought overnight oats are the most overrated health gimmick on the planet. Just cold ass half mushy oats.

I haven't ate breakfast before work in about 20 years. I will make a smoothie, greek yogurt with berries. I like a lot of different kinds. Usually use orange juice for my liquid. Pour and cup and off you go. On the weekends I go all out. Eggs Bacon the whole nine yards..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT