ADVERTISEMENT

R.Green, Shanda Phelps, T. Harris

So now anyone who didn't succeed in the program it is directly related to race? I know numerous white players who washed out & who Doyle was a dick head to that don't blame him or the program for their failure, every program has players fall through the cracks every year.

This is looking more & more like people not being accountable for their own actions & efforts, always looking for someone to blame rather then looking internally. Sensitivity is at a all time high in our society. No earrings no wife beater t's in the facility not enough rap in the weight room Waaaaaa.

I didn't see this on Twitter. Did Howe break ties with Green? Howe also had a decent (fair) article posted yesterday about Iowa Football.

Reactions: pahawk68
My dad told me to cut my hair all the time. Told me I looked homeless, had mange, and a girl. It hurt my feelings because all of the other kids had long hair, idk what to do. Should I call him after all if these years and let him know how I feel?
Sounds pretty mean - file a formal complaint immediately.

Is this going to turn out like the other player who said they told me they’d send me back to the ghetto. They finally back tracked to say they told me they’d send me back to whatever town he’s from, believe it was Glenville.

All of the players are stars at their high schools and are treated as such. Most when they come to Iowa are going to be in for a culture shock especially when they’re just another player on the team and have to actually earn the respect of others and aren’t treated as stars. It’s called discipline and accountability, many don’t have that in high school because of the star treatment they receive. The players who do always do fine at Iowa.

Sounds like portions of the story are stolen from different stories but have no context or an example of when it happened. It’s like none of these guys have ever had expectations or had someone be mean to them. It’s all hyperbolic bullshit. It’s getting hilarious at this point.

When the racism involves cutting your hair, wearing the same clothes and weight gain??? Are we just complaining for complaining sake.

D1 football should be traumatic, you are competing for an opportunity to make millions of dollars, think medical school, law school or other professional school doesn’t send you into a deep depression think again. Learn to work

Last edited:
Sounds like portions of the story are stolen from different stories but have no context or an example of when it happened. It’s like none of these guys have ever had expectations or had someone be mean to them. It’s all hyperbolic bullshit. It’s getting hilarious at this point.

When the racism involves cutting your hair, wearing the same clothes and weight gain??? Are we just complaining for complaining sake.

D1 football should be traumatic, you are competing for an opportunity to make millions of dollars, think medical school, law school or other professional school doesn’t send you into a deep depression think again. Learn to work
there are people here who believe this garbage and doyle was booted over it

Reactions: dean_oliver222
When I was at Iowa I had trouble maintaining my "playing weight" (damn downtown Iowa City). I had regular weigh ins and there were days I did not practice, I was relegated to the bike or stairmaster for the entire practice. There were many more days that after a complete practice I was kept after to do extra cardio in order to control my weight.

My senior year I was given a pretty unrealistic weight goal and had to weigh in before getting on the bus to head to Big Ten Championships. I had skipped meals, had extra workouts, dehydrated myself all in an effort to make it. The head coach was a dick about it all season. The morning of the final weigh in I knew I was well under the target and as a result I became the dick and jumped on the scale fully clothed, shoes, everything to prove a point. The coach changed his tune quickly and suddenly I became the poster boy of the week demonstrating what hard work and dedication can do.

My story and Harris' story don't sound much different except I put the work in and was successful and I'm white. If I line up can Green get me a payday too? Hell i don't like the motivation the coaches used and I was treated different than other athletes and those athletes were white, it must be racism.

Either Green is writing all of these statements or all of our former players are misspelling the same words and making the same grammatical errors, which is concerning. It’s also concerning how many of these kids have ptsd from getting a haircut.
Yet others didn’t have to cut their hair?

I can see coaches trying to change diction and appearance of players. Part of their job is to prepare young men to be productive citizens when they leave. If you use poor diction and look like a gang member from MS-13 you are not going to get very far in your life when you leave Iowa.

So now anyone who didn't succeed in the program it is directly related to race? I know numerous white players who washed out & who Doyle was a dick head to that don't blame him or the program for their failure, every program has players fall through the cracks every year.

This is looking more & more like people not being accountable for their own actions & efforts, always looking for someone to blame rather then looking internally. Sensitivity is at a all time high in our society. No earrings no wife beater t's in the facility not enough rap in the weight room Waaaaaa.
true!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT