ADVERTISEMENT

Ramos Appreciation Thread

Tony was a great wrestler and national champion for the Hawkeyes. I'll always have a special place in my heart for him. Thanks to Tony for all the great memories. I wish him success in his future endeavors and hope he finds enough peace and humility to mend any broken fences down the road.

Looks like Tony is has made a decision. I'm guess that since it's an announcement of sorts, it's not going to be good news for Hawk fans. Here's to hoping I'm wrong.

Maybe he's pregnant. That could explain the behavior and mood swings. If he was going to apologize for his behavior that would be good news.
I doubt that an apology is coming unless it's just a footnote to the real announcement. (Badgers or Tarheels?) I don't see anyone issuing a teaser of an apology to come "in the next few days". But Ramos does march to the beat of his own drummer.

I doubt that an apology is coming unless it's just a footnote to the real announcement. (Badgers or Tarheels?) I don't see anyone issuing a teaser of an apology to come "in the next few days". But Ramos does march to the beat of his own drummer.

Yeah, I can't imagine an apology, that bridge has been crossed. Ramos thinks Brands betrayed him, Brands believes otherwise. Does anybody think either of these guys is the type to back down from something like this?

As a coach or as a wrestler?

I'm saying ASU with Zeke, Pendleton, Oliver...

I'm hoping as a coach...

This is based only on two things. 1) he oddly started following an assistant coach on the UNC team (could be completely random, but that is what I'm basing my opinion on; 2)would anyone go to UNC to train for the next cycle?

I'm hoping as a coach...

This is based only on two things. 1) he oddly started following an assistant coach on the UNC team (could be completely random, but that is what I'm basing my opinion on; 2)would anyone go to UNC to train for the next cycle?

The only perk to training at UNC would be to train with Scott, since he's likely retired from competition and wouldn't technically be competing against him. Heck of a training partner though. I'm not sure if that supports or contradicts his "lone wolf" mentality.

Reactions: 24 so far
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT