ADVERTISEMENT

***Big Ten Tournament Session IV Thread***

Incidentally "in God we trust" was added to money in the 1860s and was codified in the 1950s so it is not something that can be traced back to the founding of the country.
Just like the Pledge of. Allegiance added, “one nation under God,” long after the fact.

Reactions: Trapper85
So the Civil war over 160 years ago isn't a founding moment of the US? Hell, one could argue the ENTIRE country was changed and started fresh at that moment, could one not? Even then, I never argued that words on a coin were the exact starting moment of this country and you know better....it was to prove an overall point that this country has a deep-seated relationship with Christianity...

Reactions: T8KUDWN
MSU158, Twoooooooo, Vodka - I appreciate all your perspectives.

Please don't take MSU's comments to heart. If anything he is consistent and enjoys the back and forth of a good debate and won't shy away from one. I see nothing wrong with this and he seems sincere in being open to others perspective/opinions. He may even admit to being wrong but you'll need to build a sound case, then win the debate to convince him. Easier said than done - IMO. Lastly, he may be a bit long winded but is not a douche bag because he is clearly not a Nit fan. Considering the amount of time he spends here, most PSU fans consider him an "Iowa homer".

It sounds like his wife is the debate champion at home, so he comes here for some easy(er) "W's".
He wins most matches in The Cesspool, many simply on conditioning.

So the Civil war over 160 years ago isn't a founding moment of the US? Hell, one could argue the ENTIRE country was changed and started fresh at that moment, could one not? Even then, I never argued that words on a coin were the exact starting moment of this country and you know better....it was to prove an overall point that this country has a deep-seated relationship with Christianity...
Directionally you are spot on, if a bit overstated imo

I admittedly do have a tendency to overstate things....but, it is a message board and I type relatively fast so it types out nearly as fast as you could say it, so it really is much less time spent than many people would think! :)
Yes, we know Uncle Carmine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT