ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking

Not trying to be the "get off my lawn!" guy, but don't really care.

Just win the last 2 reg. season games, secure the best BTT seed possible, and anything else (possibly high poll rankings) is icing on the cake.
giphy.gif

2 seed seems a reach, but if they run the table through the BTT title it's there for them.

Hawks go 4-1 between now and the BTT finals, they are a LOCK for a 2-seed. Would feel pretty good about their chances at the 2-line even if lost a close one vs ILL on Semifinal Saturday.

If the BTT final opponent is Michigan, and Iowa wins, they are likely the 4th 1-seed. That honestly doesn't feel like too much of a reach, currently.

Hawks go 4-1 between now and the BTT finals, they are a LOCK for a 2-seed. Would feel pretty good about their chances at the 2-line even if lost a close one vs ILL on Semifinal Saturday.

If the BTT final opponent is Michigan, and Iowa wins, they are likely the 4th 1-seed. That honestly doesn't feel like too much of a reach, currently.
Agreed. If we don't lay an egg, all those things are possible. Never thought about in those terms because I thought sure we'd lose today. They fooled us. Stay tuned.

So whatcha think then
Zags
Michigan
Baylor

Illinois ?
Bama ?
Iowa ?
Ohio state ?
Houston ?
Nova ?

Can't control other teams. Hawks need to keep their focus on the next game. Debbie is not good, but it isn't a lock. Wisky has had some bad finishes to games recently, but that will be a tough one.

I really believe a 2-seed is possible, which would but Iowa in a good position for the dance. Win the next two, and the Hawks are at least a 3-seed, which avoids the few teams that are really tough until the Elite 8. Everyone needs to stay healthy. We cannot afford any more hits to the rotation.

Ok, so while still feeling like there's more important things to worry about right now - winning last 2, securing the BTT 3-seed - did not see a Top5 spot in the AP coming today. Figured 6 or 7.

Top5 ranking with two very winnable games remaining......

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT