ADVERTISEMENT

rare MLB feats

This is wild: In Spring Training vs the Astros in 1986, the White Sox hit into a triple play that no one on the Astros touched…

holy-shit-animal-house.gif

I don't believe I've seen any of the stats from the OP in person. Maybe a three homer game back in Colorado years ago but not that I recall.

I did find it funny that a couple nights ago Rays reliever Robert Stephenson pitched an immaculate inning but it won't count as one because there was an intentional during the inning. Even though a pitch wasn't thrown it counts as a batter faced so he's not in the record books.

Last night the Royals won their second game this year on a walk-off balk, a balk-off. Through 2016 (latest source I could find on this), a balk-off had only happened 21 times in MLB history, and prior to this year had only happened twice in the same year on three occasions: 1965, 2000, and 2011. Until last night, it had never resulted in the same team winning twice in the same year.

Incidentally, the Royals' two balk-off wins account for just under 5% of their total wins this season (2 of 44).

The Yankees were no hit for 11 innings on Sunday, and still won the game. This is the 4th time a team has won after being no hit for 11 innings, and the first time it’s happened since 1965.

In 1966, Cardinals rookie pitcher Larry Jaster pitched 5 complete game shutouts, all against the Dodgers.

The Dodgers won the pennant that year.'

His line against LA was 45 IP, 29 H, 0R, 8 BB, 31 SO.

Game Log

• Wow
Reactions: hawkirugged17
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT