ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ***RB Leshon Williams commits to Iowa***

I wouldn't count Geil out yet. They got him carries in garbage time for a reason, and physically he looks ready to play B10 football. Lot can happen between now and December.

Reactions: Stormn Norman
I looked up his 40 time from the Adidas camp, and he was listed at 4.8. He appears to play much faster than that, or at least I hope he does.

https://www.ncsasports.org/football/combine-results/2017-chicago-rivals-combine-results
I get it, but I"m always amazed by people being so concerned if the guy runs a 4.6 or a 4.8. If he gets ahead of the other team only a really fast db is going to catch him even IF he has the correct angle. When a RB breaks through the line, most defenders have to turn to catch him. Just as an example, how many runs for over 70 yards did Leshaun Daniels have his senior year? Something like five, most of which were called back by penalties, but you get the point. If a back has good vision, burst and feet, he can do well in Iowa's offense. Honestly Wadley wasn't all that fast but he had excellent quickness, vision, and movement.

I get it, but I"m always amazed by people being so concerned if the guy runs a 4.6 or a 4.8. If he gets ahead of the other team only a really fast db is going to catch him even IF he has the correct angle. When a RB breaks through the line, most defenders have to turn to catch him. Just as an example, how many runs for over 70 yards did Leshaun Daniels have his senior year? Something like five, most of which were called back by penalties, but you get the point. If a back has good vision, burst and feet, he can do well in Iowa's offense. Honestly Wadley wasn't all that fast but he had excellent quickness, vision, and movement.
Facts!!

tenor.gif

Why?? Just because he doesn’t get carries doesn’t mean he can’t help this team.. he could be a great guy on special teams..
I just don't think he would necessarily have to transfer to an FCS school; he definitely has FBS talent. I'm not advocating that he transfer at all.

I like how he makes a decision on a cut-back, plants a foot in the ground and gets through that hole going north and south. Has the shiftiness to make the first man miss, too.

Seems like he has good vision for where the hole is and that may be more important than speed in the 40.

meh

shame we dont have 7 more months to go after any elite rb

How do you know the coaching staff doesn't consider him elite? I watch a lot of highlight vids which I know isn't fool proof. This kid looks as good if not better than most 4 star guys.

How do you know the coaching staff doesn't consider him elite? I watch a lot of highlight vids which I know isn't fool proof. This kid looks as good if not better than most 4 star guys.
I guess we'll see. I think it is odd to sign an rb with only 1 other p5 offer so early.

2000 yards and 10ypc in Illinois isn't anything to turn your nose at. If he has similar success this fall, expect him to blow up. We got in early on a good one.
Hope you're right. we don't seem to bring much elite Rb talent here though, so I'm not gonna hold my breath.
We can't get good WR because our "system" but we can never bring in a top 5 (or even 10) back? Yes, I know rankings don't mean everything......

So there's a law that a single camp time represents all future timed runs? It's almost like he didn't choose a developmental program to maximize his potential.
Dude, relax. I didn't say his 40 time should disqualify him from a scholarship, I simply gave the time he ran. I also said he looks like he plays faster than his 40. You must be one of those people who reads into things, and creates an illusion where comments are made only with the worst possible intention.

Dude, relax. I didn't say his 40 time should disqualify him from a scholarship, I simply gave the time he ran. I also said he looks like he plays faster than his 40. You must be one of those people who reads into things, and creates an illusion where comments are made only with the worst possible intention.

Oh, you're THAT guy. The luv child of Narcissism and Denial.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT