ADVERTISEMENT

Reckon not.

Vol, do you post on other boards too? I'm glad you like us, but just curious. If this is something you do on multiple boards, you have to be retired.

Also, I love history too, just don't come to Hawkeye Report to discuss it.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Birky:
Vol, do you post on other boards too? I'm glad you like us, but just curious. If this is something you do on multiple boards, you have to be retired.

Also, I love history too, just don't come to Hawkeye Report to discuss it.
Hey Birky, maybe he likes us. In any case, I have enjoyed mdvols' posts. We need some fresh blood here.

As far as going to multiple boards, I've checked out several other schools' Rivals boards over the years and very few are as active as Iowa's. The few who are (Peegs, ISU, Nebby) tend to immediately zap any poster from a rival school. Penn State posters all use thread view so it's really too obnoxious to stay long.

Came over before the bowl game. Self employed electrical contractor and this is the dead part of the year. Just doing service work/repairs right now.

This post was edited on 1/26 7:05 PM by -MDVOL

MDVOL - don't let anybody from this forum discourage you from giving your viewpoint here. You are a welcomed participant, "I do declare"

Serious....I like hearing your alternative point-of-view. The re-construction process taking place at Tennessee will become a model for many programs in the near future. The Vols coaches have done a phenomenal job in recruiting coast-to-coast and are selling a certain air of success. The program screams of confidence and vision.

I really like the "Brick by Brick" theme and the hustle and aggressiveness on both sides of the ball. The hustle by the coaches in their recruiting and coaching efforts is translating to the play on the field. There is a certain energy in the program.

I would really like to see Tennessee ROCK the SEC.

Brick by Brick

Originally posted by -MDVOL:
Came over before the bowl game. Self employed electrical contractor and this is the dead part of the year. Just doing service work/repairs right now.

This post was edited on 1/26 7:05 PM by -MDVOL

Works for me. Carry on good sir.

Takes a coach who instills a sense of optimism in fans, patience in boosters, and desire in recruits to want to come and play in the toughest conference in the nation on a team that was decimated due to arrogance, intragience by a 16 year HC living off past accomplishments, a terrible AD who made a bad panic hire after he fired the old H/C 3 years too late with no one in mind followed by an even worse panic hire when his bad hire fled one year later just before NLOI day.

But this is Jone's 3rd year as a HC and the fans will demand improvement in the win column even though this is only his 2nd recruiting class.

7 years of eating dirt leaves fans hungry for a more paltible meal.

BTW, the schools shut down here in Maryland today because of 1/4th inch of snow. Do Iowa superintendents shut down schools over 1/4th inch of snow?.

......though I wouldn't recommend a chest-thumping SEC attitude on the IOWA football message board. If you wan't THAT you can take up the conversation on the OHIO STATE football forum.

No, the schools don't close here for 1/4 inch of snow.

Ahia State folks are an arrogant, openly hostile group. They play a wuss OC schedule nearly every year but don't like folks pointing that out. Navy should have beaten them this year in the opener and Va. Tech did the following week scoring five TDs but only one by the offense.
. Navy was doing well in the 1st half. Too many TOs in the 2nd I live in the radio broadcast area of both and listened to both games while remodeling a house in late August and early September. I always root for whoever is playing OSU, Florida, USC and Alabama.
And FSU too unless they are playing Florida. Then it's the old lesser of two evils deal. Ain't fond of the University of Missedagain either. But anymore, they are so pitiful, it ain't any fun watching them lose week in and week out.. Now, we'll see if Harbaugh can perform any magic.

It was not my intent to impugn Iowa or the Big 10+4 saying that UT played in the toughest conference. That is pretty much a given but I wasn't boasting as Tennessee hasn't done anything worth boasting about for nearly a decade.

I haven't flamed and even castigated those Vol fans who came here doing so after the Bowl game. So, lets just let it go and move onward.

This post was edited on 1/26 9:21 PM by -MDVOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT