ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting?

With these new scholarships there is no reason we are not signing 2 top 10 pfp guys every year and 2-4 11-50 type guys. If anything these extra scholarships are going to help Iowa, PSU, and Okie st more than anyone. If TNT can not real in the specified numbers above with basically unlimited scholarships and a brand new facility it's time to go. I believe we start seeing a major rise in recruiting starting with the class of 2026.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
With these new scholarships there is no reason we are not signing 2 top 10 pfp guys every year and 2-4 11-50 type guys. If anything these extra scholarships are going to help Iowa, PSU, and Okie st more than anyone. If TNT can not real in the specified numbers above with basically unlimited scholarships and a brand new facility it's time to go. I believe we start seeing a major rise in recruiting starting with the class of 2026.

Scholarship limits have essentially been gone since the inception of NIL. Past performance is no guarantee of future results - except in the case of Iowa recruiting.

The low ball?

The spin from the poster.

There was already no excuse for it. Hasn't been since ever, but particularly in the NIL age. This does move the needle, but not as much as NIL does, and Iowa has no lack of resources there.

The spin from the poster.

There was already no excuse for it. Hasn't been since ever, but particularly in the NIL age. This does move the needle, but not as much as NIL does, and Iowa has no lack of resources there.
I've said it once and I'll continue to say it. Hawkeyes have to get some of these top ranked PA kids again. It's a must over the next 3-5 years.

We like our guys
I like Iowa high school kids also, but if you can land the top Iowa kids along with a few of the top PA kids then you're ready to roll! You must be one of the boosters who went to the staff and told them we want more Iowa kids. So then the staff stopped recruiting Pennsylvania heavy and well, we seen where it has gotten us. I'm a Hawkeye fan and I don't care if we get kids from the moon. Let's get the best ones and win! Right now, PA is producing the best wrestlers in the country.

Last edited:
Reactions: el dub
I like Iowa high school kids also, but if you can land the top Iowa kids along with a few of the top PA kids then you're ready to roll! You must be one of the boosters who went to the staff and told them we want more Iowa kids. So then the staff stopped recruiting Pennsylvania heavy and well, we seen where it has gotten us. I'm a Hawkeye fan and I don't care if we get kids from the moon. Let's get the best ones and win! Right now, PA is producing the best wrestlers in the country.
I don’t believe for a second that boosters told TNT to recruit less Pennsylvania kids. They can’t be that dumb. I think that was a rumor to make an excuse as to why Iowa is struggling to recruit out east.

Reactions: vhsalum
I was being a troll. I am dumbfounded how Tom got his ass kicked for almost 10 years in recruiting until he finally figured it out getting Spencer, Marinelli, Kemerer etc only to go back to where they were before. I think they’re just so far behind PSU it doesn’t matter. Maybe another title in 2020 would have made more of a difference with kids that want to go to Iowa? Seems to me the staff really believe the top guys want to go to Iowa. Beating a dead horse here.

I don’t believe for a second that boosters told TNT to recruit less Pennsylvania kids. They can’t be that dumb. I think that was a rumor to make an excuse as to why Iowa is struggling to recruit out east.
I don't know if it was true or not. Just what was said before and they definitely stopped recruiting PA.

i'll defend the staff here a bit...

even as a PA guy I have to say that there was a lull in the top tier talent for a few years in PA. i even took some heat on twitter from PA people about 4 or 5 years ago saying/predicting it.

there was a period from about 2018 to 2022 where - although PA produced a lot of talent - there were more Gerrit Nijehuises than there were Michael Kemerers.

obviously Pa is now entering another phase where they have more Spencer's (Bo) and Sasso's (Jax). so let's give the staff some time and see if they can land some in the next couple years.

Recruiting more Iowa kids is not a winning strategy.

It is if you cherry pick the very elite ones and recruit the hell out of the rest of the country also.
It is if you're saying recruit the hell out of the rest of the country means elite ones because Iowa doesn't have nearly enough elite wrestlers to survive on.

I think he is saying keep getting the Clark's, McD, Drakes, Sorensen, Marion's, Borschels within the state. And then compliment them with pound for pound hammers outside of the state. Basically the same strategy implemented by PSU....Unfortunately for us the state of Pennsylvania produces such high number of blue chip wrestlers cael can cherry pick before scouring the rest of the county to fill his lineup

I think he is saying keep getting the Clark's, McD, Drakes, Sorensen, Marion's, Borschels within the state. And then compliment them with pound for pound hammers outside of the state. Basically the same strategy implemented by PSU....Unfortunately for us the state of Pennsylvania produces such high number of blue chip wrestlers cael can cherry pick before scouring the rest of the county to fill his lineup

He is. It was just that he acted like he was agreeing with someone when he was doing the opposite. Not a big deal it was just sort of confusing.

I see Aaron Stewart has been posting his in home visits on social media. Illinois and North Carolina were there. I wonder if Iowa is going to do a home visit with him. Stewart is a stud!

Reactions: GableBeer
So you saying that's not true that big money boosters or something along those lines wanted more Iowa kids and were not happy with the whole PA Hawkeye saying?

I don’t know. Some people are idiots so anything is possible. Still, seems rather unlikely.

What I do know is it’s completely implausible that Tom Brands would execute that as a strategy.

30 FULL RIDES NOW

NEW AWESOME FACILITY

LARGEST & BEST FAN BASE

TRADITION etc.....

EVER SINGLE FRICKIN STUD in the ENTIRE FRICKIN country should be made an offer!!!

Offer should be, FULL RIDE, PLUS whatever NIL can be offered, PLUS incentives for CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

ex) Hello BO this is IOWA calling. WHATEVER ANYONE offers you, we will match PLUS!!!

BO- REALLY

IOWA - YES, TY see you soon and tell a friend!!!

There is NO more excuses for not at least matching F*** st. END of conversation!!! YOU hearing me TnT!?!?!?!?!

DO NOT!!!! REPEAT DON'T make me come down there and KICK SOME ASSES!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT