ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves to ISU per IAWrestle

You are feeling good about his chances next year? He might find a way in, you never know for sure. If he doesnt end up starting, does that make you the idiot? It should by your criteria. Id imagine it's a general consensus on these boards that Murin is going to be the guy at 141 this next year and likely the next 3 after that. Also they would probably say Lugo is the guy at 149 the next two years. Not to mention a guy in Vince Turk who beats Happel in tryouts. Assuming you are smarter than me because you didnt agree with a comment I made could end badly for you.
My criteria on if he pans out would involve waiting until after he graduates for obvious reasons. My criteria will include being a good teammate, graduating, and staying out of trouble. He has already shown some good potential on the mat. Also, he was a good teammate working with Turk multiple times after losing the starting spot. I won't ever judge his career as hard as what the athletes judge themselves.

Already did. I like occasionally reading here and commenting but I’m done following along on this thread after this post because I’ve let this consume way too much of my last time the last 18 hours. If you don’t like IAWrestle already, you never will and that’s fine. If you like what we do great. One of the best things about the group is we aren’t all yes men giving the same opinion. I’m not everyone’s cup of tea and that’s how it’s been my whole life but I’ll let you know what I think and never BS you. Plenty of people like what I say so I’ll be just fine. Not a whole lot gets accomplished with a meeting room full of people who are like minded and have the same sensibilities. Also I think this is one of many reasons why wrestling lags so far behind. People get butt hurt when someone has a different opinion. Anyone that has a problem with me my PM’s are open and I’ll gladly discuss there.
You would fit right in at Flo.

Ok seriously this guy works for IA Wrestle? And they actually wonder why people don't hold them in higher regard?

Because one guy has a bad take? Over react much? I get it you’re not our biggest fan but you’re reaching on this one.

Reactions: WEH8ST8HAWK
Because one guy has a bad take? Over react much? I get it you’re not our biggest fan but you’re reaching on this one.

Bad take, factually wrong and when called out, got butthurt about it. Kind of sounds like he has an axe to grind...specifically with the "all star" meets. Also, would have to disagree with him on Happel. Turk, Murin, and Happel are all very close and Happel still has three years left...like ChampionHawk mentioned. He would be starting for a lot of teams but is trying to knock off two real good wrestlers. I do agree with him on one thing: Being a 4 timer doesn't guarantee anything but I see no reason why Thomsen can't succeed. Obviously, I would have given him better odds at Iowa ;) For the record...not a western Iowa "fanboy."

Reactions: crablegs1
Bad take, factually wrong and when called out, got butthurt about it. Kind of sounds like he has an axe to grind...specifically with the "all star" meets. Also, would have to disagree with him on Happel. Turk, Murin, and Happel are all very close and Happel still has three years left...like ChampionHawk mentioned. He would be starting for a lot of teams but is trying to knock off two real good wrestlers. I do agree with him on one thing: Being a 4 timer doesn't guarantee anything but I see no reason why Thomsen can't succeed. Obviously, I would have given him better odds at Iowa ;) For the record...not a western Iowa "fanboy."

I am still not seeing how his take, regardless of it being bad/wrong is a reflection on all of IAwrestle is all I am saying.

So one guy was wrong and defended it til it beaten to death, I hardly see the connection to that making IAwrestle a less credible website. I am not here to win anyone over (definitely not Spooner because he’s made his thoughts on us rather clear by this point) but just seemed odd to characterize one person as an entire group.

For the record when he brought it up in our group I disagreed with him.

I’ll end by saying I like that Eric has the occasional controversial take. It makes for entertaining conversation. I feel like his initial point he was trying to make with Reeves & Thomsen spun out of control.

This a very bad look for IA Wrestle when it comes from a Content Contributer.

I can speak for Spooner, but up until yesterday, I was a huge fan. I have even defended you over the years.

I will no longer be visting your site.

I am still not seeing how his take, regardless of it being bad/wrong is a reflection on all of IAwrestle is all I am saying.

So one guy was wrong and defended it til it beaten to death, I hardly see the connection to that making IAwrestle a less credible website. I am not here to win anyone over (definitely not Spooner because he’s made his thoughts on us rather clear by this point) but just seemed odd to characterize one person as an entire group.

I’ll end by saying I like that Eric has the occasional controversial take. It makes for entertaining conversation. I feel like his initial point he was trying to make with Reeves & Thomsen spun out of control.

One of your guys is acting like a total butthole on a wrestling message board and you don't see what it has to do with you? That explains a lot.

I like IA Wrestle. You bring so much positive to the table but this is the kind of thing that holds you back.

Ah look out, Here comes the delusional western Iowa fan boys. I’m not going to waste a lot of time on this because you clearly are a fan boy and I’ll come back with facts. The dude wrestles about two off season tournaments a year by the looks of his track profile and flo results. I don’t recall and can’t seem to find him wrestling in any of the Iowa preseason and postseason national tournaments. He’s turned down every invite he’s gotten to an all star meet. I’ve had many of these conversations with peoples opinions who actually matter in wrestling unlike yourself so I know you are wrong. I will be spending no more time on you as I’m not going to spend all night googling info and showing you while you are wrong. I’m sure I missed 1 tournament somewhere across his off season career that you will try to build a straw man out of but the fact still remains. He doesn’t wrestle a lot in the off season. You are wrong
You're right he should probably wrestle in the TJ Freco tournament. You don't even have to Google, just read the comments. I see him plenty in the off-season and he wrestles plenty in the off-season. Google it

Last edited:
I like IAWrestle and really appreciate the content.

Perhaps there should be some coaching for how your contributors act on message boards. I don’t care if he wants to state and defend any opinion, but to defend it with a clearly false claim is a bad look.

How in the world does a member of the wrestling media, in Iowa, think that Thompsen doesn’t wrestle much in the off-season? It is just extremely uninformed.

I was shocked when I saw that he worked for IAwrestle. He is the only poster who has ever attacked me. He accused me of lying, and that I was trying to make myself sound like I knew more about wrestling than I do because I mentioned that we did a move in high school that he thought was a new move. I was nothing but courteous with him even after that and wished him well with the rest of his life.

I click on almost every IAwrestle link because I understand that "clicks" equate to revenue, and I try to support everything wrestling. I even like many of those link posts to support you. I would never go back to a local business that treated me the way he did so I will not be clicking anymore. I hope no one else has had my experience with your contributors. No ill will is wished on IAwrestle, and my hope is that you build from here.

Reactions: HKI

This is how PR works for every company/organization in the world. Starbucks had one dumbass employee call the police on a couple black dudes hanging out waiting for their friend without buying anything and look how it reflects on the company. The CEO responded the right way however.

IAwrestle is small and maybe not even a profit making company, but any organization is judged when their "employees" / representatives engage with the public in that manner.

This is how PR works for every company/organization in the world. Starbucks had one dumbass employee call the police on a couple black dudes hanging out waiting for their friend without buying anything and look how it reflects on the company. The CEO responded the right way however.

IAwrestle is small and maybe not even a profit making company, but any organization is judged when their "employees" / representatives engage with the public in that manner.

Media company's like ESPN can afford to be critical of players because they basically own the market. ESPN has also worked to bring programs down because the sport (football, basketball, baseball) will go on without said program. Wrestling is a different animal. Flo is national media but they have to play politics and cannot be antagonistic for the most part. Sure, they can piss off fans but have to be real careful when it comes to wrestlers and coaches. IAwrestle owns part of the Iowa share. It's a big market for wrestling but a very small community. For the most part, their guys are pretty professional. I look at this as a one off. If Eric wants to debate with fans, change his screenname and keep it on the low.

Media company's like ESPN can afford to be critical of players because they basically own the market. ESPN has also worked to bring programs down because the sport (football, basketball, baseball) will go on without said program. Wrestling is a different animal. Flo is national media but they have to play politics and cannot be antagonistic for the most part. Sure, they can piss off fans but have to be real careful when it comes to wrestlers and coaches. IAwrestle owns part of the Iowa share. It's a big market for wrestling but a very small community. For the most part, their guys are pretty professional. I look at this as a one off. If Eric wants to debate with fans, change his screenname and keep it on the low.

This isn't just "talking down" about an athlete this is also talking trash and name calling with fans. Can you imagine if the person in question was a reporter with the CR Gazette or DMR and not only was this happening but the editor defended it? Again, this stuff epitomizes the difference between a glorified blog site and a legit news source.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT