ADVERTISEMENT

Regina Coaching Staff

I'm not saying for head coach, but they would make great assistants in place of some of the people currently running things

Understand the sentiment but there's a bit of a difference between pounding 1A schools and major college teams.

Regina pounds not just 1A but also the best schools several classes above them, but point taken. Watch Regina play sometime though and see the creativity, in game adjustments, and schemes to play to the team's strengths while exploiting the opponent's weaknesses. Also the spread and fast paced offense, and stretching the field. They are the antithesis of Iowa football. Only similarity is smashmouth line play/run game when they choose to

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkeye_power
I play a pretty mean Madden. Hire me.

I have just about as good a chance as any high school coaching staff has.

Regina pounds not just 1A but also the best schools several classes above them, but point taken. Watch Regina play sometime though and see the creativity, in game adjustments, and schemes to play to the team's strengths while exploiting the opponent's weaknesses. Also the spread and fast paced offense, and stretching the field. They are the antithesis of Iowa football. Only similarity is smashmouth line play/run game when they choose to

Totally understand. My guess is that there was a better game plan devised by the managers in the toolbox game.

I know nothing about the Ic Regina coaching staff, but a spread type offense would be a bad idea at a school like Iowa. The offense needs to be updated and more creative, but still needs to be a run first team.

Reactions: DarkThunder#61
A better chance than Ed Hinkel, and a squad of other former Hawkeyes including a probowler? ;)
That is why Regina wins. If only other small town schools could hire former college and NFL players and have more coaches on the sidelines than some 8man teams have players, then they'd be pretty successful too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT