ADVERTISEMENT

Remaining Targets for 2018

Remind me how FSU did against Boston College. Of course, in FSU's defense ... the Seminoles had terrible luck at QB this season due to injury.

No excuses from me. We should be able to roll out a walk on and still beat BC with the talent gap between the two teams. BC punched us in the mouth and the team rolled over and played dead.

Not gonna lie those pics of McDonald in black and gold makes him look like the type we dont normally get he looks like he's physically ready already to be a speedy side line to sideline slasher

With national signing day next Wednesday, who are we gonna get? McDonald looks to be leaning towards Ole Miss and have not heard anything about Miller. They both visited last weekend, I believe. We could really use a good linebacker and wide receiver to round out this class. Maybe Nikia Jones is still a possibility? Is DaShon Bussell a possible flip from Western Michigan? This will be interesting. I am sure there will be a number of surprises next week!

With national signing day next Wednesday, who are we gonna get? McDonald looks to be leaning towards Ole Miss and have not heard anything about Miller. They both visited last weekend, I believe. We could really use a good linebacker and wide receiver to round out this class. Maybe Nikia Jones is still a possibility? Is DaShon Bussell a possible flip from Western Michigan? This will be interesting. I am sure there will be a number of surprises next week!
I don't know how they could get Nakia at this point, with not wanting to offer until he visits and having such limited time to visit. My understanding on Bussell is we have long since moved on. (I think it was grades) I agree a LB and a surprise WR recruit that isn't a 3 year project for PT would be huge.

With the 3 that have verballed and not yet signed, we are at 19 commitments. Riley Moss is listed as a signed commitment on another website. With the transfers lately, I am assuming we end up with 22 or 23 on signing day, or is that a bit high? Thanks for your help WDDT.

Reactions: Hawksoxfan
I'm not much help mate sorry. I just post what I see and have heard. I do think Blair has confirmed before that 21ish would be a good number for the class.

An analyst on another site just forecasted Jayden McDonald to Iowa. That would be wonderful!
Don't know, saw where the entire Miss. Defensive staff had pot roast and peach cobbler at his house last night. Twitter came from his Mom.

Mcdonald with the Iowa Prediction. Pretty they all be VIP predictions. D Burn with a prediction im guessing for Iowa.

Bitter sweet day for me today: PJ Fleck and Matt Campbell offered my 8 year old daughter a scholarship. Was super excited at first until I realized the entire 2nd grade class also got offers. They both are working the area hard and have offered over 600 kids from grades 2-6 at our school. Brohm offered a few kids early but pulled the offers after he realized the offers were from Iowa State and not iowa....I wish KF was as aggressive as these guys, apparently he is just lazy

Ole Miss got a commitment from LB Ruggs out of Alabama. Hope this is another positive for us.

Completely off topic, but Ruggs is a perfect example of what Saban will do to get a coveted player. Kevontae Ruggs older brother (Henry)was one of the top WR prospects last year. It came down to FSU and Bama, with Fisher having the last in home before the dead period. Bama invited his brother for an unofficial Sunday before NSD, and asked Henry to join. Bama offered Kevontae that day and of course Henry ended up committing to Bama on NSD. Can you guess who never really got pursued by Bama after that? Yep, Kevontae. All is fair in recruiting, I guess.

Niceee..... @Blair do you known if we are thinking WR or FS for merriweather?

NVM I watched the Vid. LB for sure.

Last edited:
I try to be upbeat but as I look at how this is all coming together someone needs to ask..... HOW THE FRONT DOOR DID WE NOT LAND WILL HONAS? add him to this class right now and tell me that isn't solid as heck. I will never understand how Debby got him.

I would take it our shot at McDonald is gone with these two LB like comits
I believe Mcdonald is still a take. Who knows what the coaches know at this point but with Mcdonald waiting until signing day to announce they had to do something. I would say Miller probably doesn't have an offer at this point. It could also be first come first serve between Miller & Mcdonald.

Bitter sweet day for me today: PJ Fleck and Matt Campbell offered my 8 year old daughter a scholarship. Was super excited at first until I realized the entire 2nd grade class also got offers. They both are working the area hard and have offered over 600 kids from grades 2-6 at our school. Brohm offered a few kids early but pulled the offers after he realized the offers were from Iowa State and not iowa....I wish KF was as aggressive as these guys, apparently he is just lazy

He saw her at summer camp rowing that canoe and had to offer

I think we don’t have the kind of money that Ole Miss boosters give out.

Hopefully, Jayden isn’t that kind of recruit...

So outside of a McDonald verbal is this class wrapped up or will we have any other surprises this week?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT