ADVERTISEMENT

Remember in 2004 when........

2014, Rudock was mediocre the whole season and it took Beathards dad leaking a story to the Tennessee press about possibly transferring to cause our offensive genius coach to alternate both QB's during the bowl game and announce CJ the starter in January for 2015. Small wonders do happen.

And we have injuries and weaknesses all across the offense and KF will not adapt.
Name one injury in the first 5 games that year besides the entire RB room...we also had to replace big 78 with Lee gray..which actually he was serviceable

After getting our asses handed to us by ASU kirk and KOK totally revamped the offense? Ah, memories when KF was still somewhat open to the idea of such concepts as "change" and the "dual threat QB".
Yeah, finding correlations between Drew Tate & the 2004 team and SP & this year's team takes a special kind of imagination that would make Walt Disney envious...

I’ve been thinking of the 2004 season too and how we revamped the offense on the fly. But then I remember how in 2004 we at least had some things we did well. We had a good OL, a good QB, and some good WRs. This year it’s sort of universally bad. Like the OL can’t pass block or run block. And I’m ready to give Padilla a shot but unless he’s gotten a lot better, I’m afraid it’s really not going to make as much difference as everyone here seems to think. The only hope is Keagan Johnson comes back and has more plays like against Minnesota last year when he caught a 5yd pass and single handedly turned that into a game changing TD.

Reactions: uihawk82
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT