ADVERTISEMENT

Republican legislators in Iowa refuse to hold open hearings about the condition of nursing homes in Iowa.

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
The state doesn't care about things that are old - like schools, roads, and humans,

BTW, 46 inspectors doesn't seem so bad for 400 nursing homes. It's only 9 each. Of course, I have no idea what the inspectors do .....

The state doesn't care about things that are old - like schools, roads, and humans,

BTW, 46 inspectors doesn't seem so bad for 400 nursing homes. It's only 9 each. Of course, I have no idea what the inspectors do .....
My guess is a lot of paperwork and driving from one town to the next with a slice of Casey's pizza balanced on your leg.

@NorthernHawkeye
Crossing your fingers that you don't grow old in Iowa?

Lucas,

I'll concede that this is unacceptable. I've long criticized the indifference that many in our society have in regards to the elderly population.

Absent any changes, this serves as a wake up call to many. Take control of your health and get fit. Endeavor to delay your inevitable demise.

I'm gonna live to be atleast 100 years old. I will likely pass away in my sleep in my own bed in my own home. Many of you should be pleased with this as it means many more years of quality postings.

Lucas,

I'll concede that this is unacceptable. I've long criticized the indifference that many in our society have in regards to the elderly population.

Absent any changes, this serves as a wake up call to many. Take control of your health and get fit. Endeavor to delay your inevitable demise.

I'm gonna live to be atleast 100 years old. I will likely pass away in my sleep in my own bed in my own home. Many of you should be pleased with this as it means many more years of quality postings.
Actually, it serves as a wake up call to voters to hold your elected officials accountable. If they can't protect our elderly then find someone else who will.

State nursing home surveyors have to be Registered Nurses.

The nursing shortage doesn't just affect providers. The states can't find enough RNs to do the job, either.

If you have a daughter, tell her that nursing is a great career.

The nursing shortage doesn't just affect providers. The states can't find enough RNs to do the job, either.

The people that work in nursing homes are angels. Extremely difficult duties and they are often under-appreciated IMO, and very likely under paid (I don't know what they make). Staffing for these places must be a nightmare.

Thank heaven for those that work there. 🙏

Reactions: JRHawk2003
Actually, it serves as a wake up call to voters to hold your elected officials accountable. If they can't protect our elderly then find someone else who will.

The problem is that in your rush to elect people that may fix the problem, those same people cause a host of other problems.

It will stir the wrath of Terry like no other! Those “old people’s homes” liked Terry, as he allowed them to escape much regulation...and Terry appreciated their undying financial political support.
A real marriage made in Iowa.

a) Not sure why it would need to be a daughter.
b) Sounds like the market is saying that wages for nurses need to be increased. If there aren't enough good _____, then increasing wages may actually convince people that a stressful job that requires specialized education/training would be worth the investment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT