ADVERTISEMENT

Republicans don't want to do debates anymore.

Fox20Nation.jpg
I think the Democrats should accept any one of these. The opportunity to have the republican candidate look the fool while having the moderator in their pocket would be epic.

Be nice to see a fair and balanced debate. I think everyone would be in support of removing the bias of the moderators of these events.

I've got no problem with the Republicans pushing for a fairer debate. The debate commission is biased and shitty. Not agreeing to let the commission control further debates doesn't mean they don't want to debate. There's no law that you can only debate through this commission.

In a normal situation, it's a no brainer, because the commission will capitulate enough to keep the debates...it's their reason for being, and people don't give up power. So in a general sense, I'm ok with the Republicans playing hardball.

That said, it's absolutely political malfeasance right now to even TALK about not debating Biden in 2024...I don't care how unbalanced it is, the idea that you would give Biden any excuse to avoid having to speak in that format is the dumbest thing ever.

Unless the Republican candidate really is Trump I guess. But assuming any other candidate, the ability to give Dems the cover to not have to prop Joe up in a debate is like a million Christmases. Or, I guess since it's the Dems, a million winter holidays.

Good. I would hope by having a platform where the interviewed doesn't know the question we might get a more honest answer.

What a collection of absolutely shameless pussies and intellectual cowards.

I'm shocked! Thought the RNC was all in for "legitimate political discourse." Oops, forgot, that only pertained to the January 6th insurrection at the Capitol.
Well, they did say they were looking for platforms they felt more comfortable in. You know, where they get to hide.

Reactions: nelly02
The GOP are such victims. Everyone is out to get them.

The commission on presidential debates was good enough for every GOP president prior.
It's an authoritarian party. Authoritarian parties want everything under their control. The leader of the Republican party is an authoritarian who by all evidence looks to types like Putin as his model.

It's not about being scared or victims or anything like that, although the victimhood schtick is one of the main methods all authoritarians use to sell this type of stuff to their followers.

The thread title is dishonest and incorrect. The GOP clearly stated they do want debates, and why they won't participate with e current debate commission.

This thread is actually similar to how the commission works - it's biased and unfair.

Explain to me how the commission is biased and unfair?

Reactions: BelemNole
The thread title is dishonest and incorrect. The GOP clearly stated they do want debates, and why they won't participate with e current debate commission.

This thread is actually similar to how the commission works - it's biased and unfair.
LOL. Again, this is how authoritarians think and operate. Anything they don't directly control is "biased and unfair".

Explain to me how the commission is biased and unfair?

Probably because they allowed the moderators to cut off Orange Jesus' microphone after he continually interrupted when it was Biden's turn to speak. That behavior will be the new norm for GQP candidates in debates and they don't want to deal with any organization that implements policy changes to address it.

Why wouldn't the RNC ask for reform instead of a different platform?

No, I don't really feel like it. I generally feel that the things the complaint says are true, although not as strongly.

Most significantly is the biased nature of the moderators, which might be explained as much by the by the paucity of Republican-leaning or even centrist journalists as it does with the commission itself.
You know it was a bipartisan commission, right?

It may have been a bipartisan commission, but since the GOP didn't completely control it the commission was unfair. Now the GOP will propose a new commission, a totally fair one to be sure. When the Dems refuse to participate in the new GOP commission, it will be because they are beta cucks!

Everything the GOP does they do unanimously. There is not room for any difference of opinion. Try to stand on your own principals and they freeze you out. Romney, Liz Cheney, Adam K.... Heck, even Madison Crawthorn when he stopped with the Putin agenda long enough to call them out for cocaine fueled orgies. Who invites the guy in a wheelchair to an orgy anyway?

Maybe they thought he was holding. Who would suggest a guy in a wheelchair deals?

Republicans are chicken shits with no workable concepts. What's the riddle here?

No, I don't really feel like it. I generally feel that the things the complaint says are true, although not as strongly.

Most significantly is the biased nature of the moderators, which might be explained as much by the by the paucity of Republican-leaning or even centrist journalists as it does with the commission itself.
Dang, Lou. Real?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT