ADVERTISEMENT

Retailers finally lowering prices...

It appears that consumer spending habits have finally taken effect.

Companies like Target, Walmart, Subway, Starbucks, McDonalds, and others are lowering prices to customers.

About a year overdue, but more than welcome.
Agree. Plus the “supply chain” issues have been resolved and stores are full of inventory.
They need to unload it before the Christmas season.
Just a small illustration: Fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving merchandise (has become a huge market) is already on sale. Short window to move it because in six weeks the Christmas stuff will need the shelf space.

il_1080xN.3554695750_a67i.jpg

Companies like Target, Walmart, Subway, Starbucks, McDonalds, and others are lowering prices to customers.

Tell the Jeep parts stores to follow, please.

I will say this, though, coffee maker went out this morning and a replacement is $99.99 on Amazon. Same one in Costco was $49.99. I was pleasantly surprised. However, the Starbucks lady looked at me odd when I ordered a large, plain black coffee, though.

OP thinks consumers are spending less because they want to, and not because there is literally less money circulating.

The 100 year old economic texts will tell you what follows that, just like they explained what would follow the actions of 2020.
The point is retailers are lowering prices.

I know the Radical Right is disappointed, but them's the facts.

BTW: Target is also increasing their "perks" program rewarding cardholders.

LOL - A few overstocked items might be reduced a couple of pennies but prices across the board are not being lowered.

LOL - A sale here and there is not indicative of prices coming down across the board.

Reactions: KFsdisciple

It's not the retailers; it's the vendors who have significantly reduced their prices. This, in turn, enables the retailers to offer more competitive prices while maintaining acceptable profit margins. Recently, one of our French suppliers slashed their prices by a remarkable 40%. Their strategy primarily involved relocating production from France to China.

It's not the retailers; it's the vendors who have significantly reduced their prices. This, in turn, enables the retailers to offer more competitive prices while maintaining acceptable profit margins. Recently, one of our French suppliers slashed their prices by a remarkable 40%. Their strategy primarily involved relocating production from France to China.

Gee, what could possibly go wrong with that strategy?

Reactions: goldmom

I wonder if this was Le Creuset.

I suspect CEOs want to see inflation continuing to approach the Fed target because they know that the mood of voters is dependent on retail prices.

This tells me Big Business wants to see Dems win in November.

More good news for Harris, imo.
You bet..some of the “big boys”, Fed, etc will try to artificially impact the economy between now and election day. I hope/assume people will see through these tactics.

Reactions: goldmom
Trump is certainly bummed about this. He definitely doesn't want the fed to make a rate cut this fall, as predicted. He'd rather have you suffer until the election. Same with gas prices. He was tweeting, pissing and moaning about cheap gas prices the other day. Definitely doesn't want cheap gas prices before the election either.

Reactions: Sexican
Might be the case with some vendors but I know for a fact that is not true of all vendors. I know of some products that vendors have reduced the price drastically but the retail price has remained the same.

You bet..some of the “big boys”, Fed, etc will try to artificially impact the economy between now and election day. I hope/assume people will see through these tactics.

Seems like Biden has been artificially impacting the economy by delivering lower inflation, a soaring stock market, and low unemployment.

Such a selfish bastard….all to win another election.

Pisses me off, had to purchase a new battery this morning and now to get the rebate on the old one, have to go on the puter to get MY money. THIS SUCKS BIGTIME.

Yep. Don’t do shit for 3.5 years and then try and buy votes based on how great the direction of the first economy is going. Doesn’t matter what party is in office.
????You think the WH forced retailers to lower prices?

I guess if you think the WH calling out price gouging was an influence...DAMN GOOD JOB, DEMOCRATS!

Reactions: franklinman
Might be the case with some vendors but I know for a fact that is not true of all vendors. I know of some products that vendors have reduced the price drastically but the retail price has remained the same.
Well that's a conundrum because the shop paid the higher price but then the vendor lowered the price after the fact. We just had the same issue with the company I listed earlier in the thread. If we sold them for the new price, we would only be making $2/per item where before we were making $15. That's still a vendor reason for prices.

If the Fed was trying to influence the market, they would have already had 1-2 rate drops.
What a terrible take.

Fact is...the GOP is still going to scream that the likely, previously forecasted September cut is politically motivated.

Reactions: IANDFAN and Sexican
Well that's a conundrum because the shop paid the higher price but then the vendor lowered the price after the fact. We just had the same issue with the company I listed earlier in the thread. If we sold them for the new price, we would only be making $2/per item where before we were making $15. That's still a vendor reason for prices.
I’d also be willing to bet that when the vendor raises prices, retailers raise their prices as well. I’m guessing they don’t wait to raise their prices until after they sell all the inventory they purchased at a cheaper price. Thus you were making more than $15 on that product for a little while

Did they care who brought the extra bread to the circus?
They weren’t smart enough to even think about it.

You mean like the vendor’s employees are being paid more now to put the product out there and so is the retailer’s staff?

You mean like the vendor’s employees are being paid more now to put the product out there and so is the retailer’s staff?
I gave one example but in general I'm seeing vendors lower their prices because they aren't selling their products. It's been a tough year for a lot of retail. People are traveling more than ever after being stuck at home during the pandemic when they bought a lot because they had a bunch of money with not much to do with it. With all this being said, I think its a momentary pause in spending and things will get back to normal in the next 6-12 months. Americans love to shop and I don't see that changing.

Reactions: MitchLL
I gave one example but in general I'm seeing vendors lower their prices because they aren't selling their products. It's been a tough year for a lot of retail. People are traveling more than ever after being stuck at home during the pandemic when they bought a lot because they had a bunch of money with not much to do with it. With all this being said, I think it’s a momentary pause in spending and things will get back to normal in the next 6-12 months. Americans love to shop and I don't see that changing.
You forgot to answer my question. Or did you purposely skip over it to avoid being called out?

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

• Haha
Reactions: SI_NYC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT