ADVERTISEMENT

Think corporate greed is the leading cause of inflation? Think again.

so, yes, the keystone xl pipeline

in this instance "closing a pipeline" meant "revoking a permit for a pipeline that had not yet been construction (not a single shovel was in the ground)"

It impacts a lot of business.
yeah...i understand there are people that wanted the pipeline built

but to tie the cancelation of a permit for project that hadn't even begun construction to inflation is disingenuous (to be charitable) or idiotic (to be less charitable)

Reactions: RileyHawk
If you knew one thing about private business, you would understand that during times of intense competition and low inflation, it is very hard for a business to pass along price and labor increases making their margins smaller and smaller. When inflation occurs, those same businesses take the opportunity to try and balance the books and get back to healthier margins. That is not greed, that is called managing business cycles.
So in times of high inflation small businesses should flourish. No problem then. Next topic I guess.

Calling out corporate greed is intellectually lazy. What did Gordon Gecko say? Greed is good? Corporations are driven by greed. Greed is the cornerstone of capitalism. It is the grease of the economy. Inflation on the other hand is driven by too much demand chasing too little supply. No rocket science involved here. It was driven initially by covid supply chain disruptions and the subsequent spending programs put in place to keep things afloat. It's about a third of what it was as much of that disruption has dissipated, but it's still above the Fed's 2% target. I don't believe continued interest rate hikes are a good solution. It's hurting average Americans. Need some work done on the fiscal side to help and the Fed needs to be more flexible with that 2% target. I don't see either of those things happening unfortunately.
That's not what Katie Porter got admitted to, on the record, under oath. Corporations raising costs under the guise of inflation is a thing. They did it. Record profits because of it.

DT didn't close the pipeline in the US nor continue to covid fiasco and try to make everybody go green.
Here comes a guy bringing us something that I thought was understood from 5 years ago. Some of you are truly unteachable. The pipeline. Unbelievable.

It's somebody's fault, that's a fact.

It's also a fact that the Biden admin has failed to solve for it thus far.

• Haha
It's somebody's fault, that's a fact.

It's also a fact that the Biden admin has failed to solve for it thus far.
There are some on this forum that think there is no inflation, that we are lucky because ours is low compared to other nations, that the policies of the current administration havn't made it worse, that the price of groceries and fuel aren't a by product of it, that it's justifiable because of X factors....I think they are all having a Biden cockmeat sandwich.

• Haha
There are some on this forum that think there is no inflation, that we are lucky because ours is low compared to other nations, that the policies of the current administration havn't made it worse, that the price of groceries and fuel aren't a by product of it, that it's justifiable because of X factors....I think they are all having a Biden cockmeat sandwich.
and there are some that blame inflation on the cancelation of an infrastructure project that hadn't even started yet

Since, you know, Egan is the one who wrote the article.
He's not the one trying to reference data from 2+ years ago to explain what is occurring today.

Gearing up for the TJ onslaught of spin, backpedaling and other twists.

Amazing how corporations waited for Biden to get into office to become greedy, isn’t it. Those bastards. They absolutely hated money up to 2020. Then all of a sudden, they were like, “Hey, we should try to make more money!”
They didn't wait for that, they have capitalized on the supply chain issues that caused prices to soar by keeping prices higher now that most of those have been resolved.

"Corporate greed" is just a deflection.

Corporations have always been greedy, nothing new.

The market and economic environment determines how far their "greed" can go. That's the jist of it.

It's not like corporations just became "greedy" during this inflationary cycle. Saying that is just convenient politically and disingenuous.
Who is saying they just became greedy? The point being missed by you and others is that their ability to capitalize on their greed to a greater extent than in the past is one of the big contributors to inflation.

Are we overlooking the two rounds of quantitative easing that Obama did? He flooded the market with dollars to prop up the banks. That was going to come back and bite us eventually. We held it off for a while, but Covid came along and dick-punched the economy. The disruption in the supply chain combined with the government incentivizing people to not work was too much to stave off the inflation wave.
The quantitative easing did not result in big inflation though. The supply chain issues due to Covid was the direct cause of large price increases.

If the Fed didn’t print money to pay for the stimulus, and the Treasury had been forced to raise the money from actual savings with market interest rates, you wouldn't have seen the surge of inflation.
You would have seen a severe recession, if not depression, instead. I, for one, prefer paying more for the goods I purchase today rather than having had my portfolio wiped out.

I recognize that when the government inflates the money supply it will lead to increased prices.
I recognize that the sellers must raise their prices in the inflationary environment, or shelves will empty.
I therefore don’t blame the sellers for the price increase, they’re simply reacting to the environment the government put them in.
Of course the politicians responsible would rather have you hate the companies who sell what you need for this outcome.
Why didn't that happen in 2008?

Are you suggesting the money supply should never be adjusted by the government? That we should have the same money supply that we had when the country was founded?

I know you won't answer. You're a complete simpleton.

He's not the one trying to reference data from 2+ years ago to explain what is occurring today.
Well then, who is? Because every single word in the first two posts of this thread was cut and pasted directly from Matt Egan’s column on CNN’s website.

Every. Single. Word.

Even the thread title is cut and pasted directly from the headline of the column.

Verbatim.

Faulty wrote zero words in the first two posts before you chimed in on post #3 to say his ignorance is astounding.

In what way? What is the impact?
JB was practically begging the Middle East and Venezuela for shitty product. By shooting down the pipeline it cost thousands of jobs and the ability to produce our own fuel to be self sufficient. When big balls states no more drilling, what do you think he is saying?

Well then, who is? Because every single word in the first two posts of this thread was cut and pasted directly from Matt Egan’s column on CNN’s website.

Every. Single. Word.

Even the thread title is cut and pasted directly from the headline of the column.

Verbatim.

Faulty wrote zero words in the first two posts before you chimed in on post #3 to say his ignorance is astounding.
LOL - this is a stretch even for you.

Matt Egan isn't posting on here. If you would like to take it up with him, post comments in his article.

JB was practically begging the Middle East and Venezuela for shitty product. By shooting down the pipeline it cost thousands of jobs and the ability to produce our own fuel to be self sufficient. When big balls states no more drilling, what do you think he is saying?
"self sufficient"..."our own fuel"

the keystone xl pipeline would have brought oil sands from canada

WTF are you talking about? The US is producing more oil than they ever have. The construction jobs that would have been created are more than compensated for with the construction projects making chip factories and other critical infrastructure.

WTF are you talking about? The US is producing more oil than they ever have. The construction jobs that would have been created are more than compensated for with the construction projects making chip factories and other critical infrastructure.
Nope, I don't need all of your words to know fuel is costing more than it should and definitely more than the previous administration.

• Haha
Nope, I don't need all of your words to know fuel is costing more than it should and definitely more than the previous administration.
i dont' think anyone argues that...it's the "why" those things are true

and when we're producing more domestic oil than we ever have before, it's hard to say that prices are high because we aren't producing enough domestic oil

Every. Single. Word.

Verbatim.

Ha! I never saw it because he’s been on ignore for a long time. Looks like you can see why.

Ha! I never saw it because he’s been on ignore for a long time. Looks like you can see why.
His two replies to me in this thread are not just the dumbest words I’ve seen posted on HORT, but quite possibly the dumbest words I’ve ever seen posted on any internet message board.

His brain is so hardwired to disagree with me that he doesn’t give a shit how moronic it makes him look. He’s stupid at a molecular level.

• Haha
His two replies to me in this thread are not just the dumbest words I’ve seen posted on HORT, but quite possibly the dumbest words I’ve ever seen posted on any internet message board.

His brain is so hardwired to disagree with me that he doesn’t give a shit how moronic it makes him look. He’s stupid at a molecular level.
Yup.

And here we go. LOL

Don’t even have to look back to know who you’re talking about. Just wait until you see him arguing with somebody who actually agrees with him, because he misread something. Pure gold.

Almost as awesome is when he gets flustered and goes on a laugh-emoji and name-calling fueled posting bender.

Dude is dumber than a post.

Reactions: TJ8869
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT