ADVERTISEMENT

Rhys Dakin punts in Soccer Shoes. The Aussie will be on Scholarship. Is raising Funds for Count the Kicks US, a Stillbirth Prevention Campaign

Story from HawkCentral.com

Another Australian punter commits to Iowa football program

Hawk Central staff report
Des Moines Register
Dec 17, 2023

Punter Rhys Dakin of Australia has committed to the Iowa football program. He announced his commitment on Sunday on social media.

The Hawkeyes are looking to replace All-American punter Tory Taylor, who will finish his college eligibility on Jan. 1 in the Citrus Bowl. Taylor also is from Australia.

Dakin is from Mazenod College in Melbourne, Australia. He thanked Iowa special-teams coordinator LeVar Woods in his social media post.

"Excited to announce my commitment to study and play football on a full scholarship at the university of iowa," Dakin wrote on X (formerly Twitter). "I would like to thank @ProkickAus @JohnnyPKA @tglees for coaching me. Thank you also to Coach @LeVarWoods for coming to visit me and my family."

It would have been funny as hell if Woods would have worn a punting is winning T shirt on his visit.
You are one pathetic person, copying my post and pasting it in your thread. You really need to seek help. I’m sorry you are such an insecure person that you have to resort to these tactics.
You know what they say; imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so thanks I guess.

You are one pathetic person, copying my post and pasting it in your thread. You really need to seek help. I’m sorry you are such an insecure person that you have to resort to these tactics.
You know what they say; imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so thanks I guess.

Did you see the pics of him that have been shared on here? There is a good reason he is insecure. He was ugly as a kid and it hasn't improved.

You are one pathetic person for bumping other threads just because you want to be sure that other thread is on top. Why do you do this? Are you indeed insane?

You really do need to seek help.

I haven’t. I can imagine though. Are we talking Bert size or bigger?

He's a tiny little feller....a family photo I saw of him as a kid had the entire family looking normal and then our Troll looking just like a troll. Small, hideous features. Glasses thicker than the Burlington phone book.

He's a tiny little feller....a family photo I saw of him as a kid had the entire family looking normal and then our Troll looking just like a troll. Small, hideous features. Glasses thicker than the Burlington phone book.
I’m shocked! His posting style makes perfect sense now. Thanks for sharing!

Needs to speed up his kick a bit. He won’t get that much time with a punt block rush coming after him. But I like what we’re working with.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Yes, I am sure the Iowa football staff did not bother to look into what level of schooling he has completed.
No kidding. It was more a comment to others who may be asking questions and providing info to the forum.

You are one pathetic person for bumping other threads just because you want to be sure that other thread is on top. Why do you do this? Are you indeed insane?

You really do need to seek help.
Not going to lie........ this post cracked me up.

"You are one pathetic person for bumping other threads just because you want to be sure that other thread is on top. Why do you do this? Are you indeed insane?"

The fact that you asked this is ironic.
still using your kids to bump threads? How is Keegen doing? Complained to the mods about people bumping threads other than your own?

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
Not going to lie........ this post cracked me up. "You are one pathetic person for bumping other threads just because you want to be sure that other thread is on top. Why do you do this? Are you indeed insane?" How is Keegen doing?

Me responding to the hypocrites & trolls on here cracks you up? Strange.

Who's Keegen?

Jeez, Cid, you're having a pretty bad morning, aren't you?

Me responding to the hypocrites & trolls on here cracks you up? Strange.

Who's Keegen?

Jeez, Cid, you're having a pretty bad morning, aren't you?
The king of hypocrites and trolling calling people out for the same......it does make me chuckle.
Go get your kids again to monitor your threads.....make sure the Keegan thread gets bumped....if not go shed some tears to the mods and ask for other threads to get taken down.

My morning has been pretty solid........ I have avoided hypocrisy so far, you can't make the same claim.

The king of hypocrites and trolling calling people out for the same......it does make me chuckle.
Go get your kids again to monitor your threads.....make sure the Keegan thread gets bumped....if not go shed some tears to the mods and ask for other threads to get taken down.

My morning has been pretty solid........ I have avoided hypocrisy so far, you can't make the same claim.

Oh, Cid. At least you spelled Keegan correctly this time. You finally got something right. It's rare, however.

The thing is players from Australia are generally here on F-1(student visas). As many know if you are on such a visa there are limited opportunities to work extra. The University of Houston mens bb team has an African player who is on a F visa. As such he is not allowed to take NIL money. They went on a foreign trip this summer and he was allowed to collect for that. But not locally. From what I read some of the other players shared their money with him unofficially. IDK if Tory is getting NIL money or not.

I apologize in advance for not reading the entire thread. Just hoping he is NOT the the Hawks most important player like Tory……. I would rather it be the QB like every other program in the country.

Merry Christmas to us - I guess.

I apologize in advance for not reading the entire thread. Just hoping he is NOT the the Hawks most important player like Tory……. I would rather it be the QB like every other program in the country.

Merry Christmas to us - I guess.
We shall still give him the loudest starting lineup announcement cheer on game day!

The thing is players from Australia are generally here on F-1(student visas). As many know if you are on such a visa there are limited opportunities to work extra. The University of Houston mens bb team has an African player who is on a F visa. As such he is not allowed to take NIL money. They went on a foreign trip this summer and he was allowed to collect for that. But not locally. From what I read some of the other players shared their money with him unofficially. IDK if Tory is getting NIL money or not.
We have rules in this country????????????????????????????????

Scholly is scholly. If there was huge NIL $$ that might make a difference. But, like it or not, NIL $$ probably doesn't get spread around equally.

It's entirely possible Drew liked the idea of Athens in February versus Iowa City in February. Or maybe he just likes the campus better. Or, you know, a free education from the get-go versus paying full price. No-brainer for most people, I would think.
Or the odds of winning a National Championship at Georgia vs. what? A chance to finish mid conference in the new B1G?

Oh, Cid. At least you spelled Keegan correctly this time. You finally got something right. It's rare, however.
When you hang your hat on spelling mistakes and choose to ignore the other items it speaks volumes….. feel free to start with personal attacks and a name call or two. It’s what people people that lack substance in their position resort to.

We have rules in this country????????????????????????????????
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT