ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Santorum makes it official!

Why did this start after we withdrew the majority of our troops? Look, I thnk we should develop an oil replacement and tell the Middle east to suck our nuts. I'd rather not be there in any way shape or form.
Agreed. China has grown to a Super Power because they have stayed out of the conflicts and focused on their own growth. It's time we do the same, or they are going to one day overtake us.

Reactions: naturalmwa
You aren't seeing christians erode rights..rights are growing beyond what your old ass grew up with, in terms of gay rights, sexual rights, etc. They are just throwing a fit over it.
Yes, but as that happens. Rights of all groups are being taking away at the same time. Patriot Act, indefinite detention, more red tape to deal with, etc.

The DHS terror watch list report, basically made EVERYONE out to be a terrorist. Pro-military, anti-military, critical of military, gay, not gay, Bi-sexual, black, white, mixed, critical of government, overly religious, not religious, etc. They were all named potential targets.

Agreed. China has grown to a Super Power because they have stayed out of the conflicts and focused on their own growth. It's time we do the same, or they are going to one day overtake us.
That's a good point and good insight. The people running the show here are making more profit from intervention and the repercussions and blowback from decades of it is costing us, as a society, an immeasurable amount (socially and financially).

Nobody is forcing you to marry someone of the same sex. Nobody is forcing you to abort your babies. Hate the sin, not the sinner, right? My wife is a devout Christian and I love that woman more than anything. I go to church with her every Sunday and with an open mind, listen to the word. I'm just still conflicted on the whole subject. But I am not lacking in morals, and especially not because I'm not a Christian.

My wife also believes that they should not be allowed to force their beliefs on others. She does try to spread the word, to anyone that will listen, and obviously is on me every day about it. But even Christ didn't say everyone should be forced to live as he believed. So why do you think you, or any politician has the right to force others to live as you believe?
I don't think I ever once said anything about forcing my beliefs on anyone...in fact I believe I stated I did not care one way or another. The point I am trying to make is things were much better when we were all on the same page as far as moral issues are concerned. You may not remember...I do...and things were much calmer and a heckuva lot more sane...trust me.

And Christians will try to take over through evangelism, missionary work and, in the case of Catholics and those who oppose abortion and/or birth control, through reproduction.

I worry about both groups, but am disinclined to bomb either back to the 7th century.
Once again it is their right to do so...and your responsibility to allow them to do it...regardless of your personal beliefs.

I don't think I ever once said anything about forcing my beliefs on anyone...in fact I believe I stated I did not care one way or another. The point I am trying to make is things were much better when we were all on the same page as far as moral issues are concerned. You may not remember...I do...and things were much calmer and a heckuva lot more sane...trust me.

I'm not sure how "on the same page" we all actually were. That's a very vague assumption and even more vague reference to a time period. Maybe it seemed more sane to YOU, but there was probably a significant number of people who felt stifled. And, even if it were more sane, I don't think the presence of a religion or religious rituals were responsible for it.

Many people of different cultures have the same morals. Today, the fighting it seen almost immediately as it happens. There were much worse wrongdoings that went on in the past. Internet, TV, etc. have made everything else seem more chaotic.
Do you think the times now are as bad as they were in WW2? No way.
They could get like that, but that's where guys like me come into the fray.

Wow this thread got far far away from the OP if you start on page two and work backwards you would never have guessed the title.

Wow this thread got far far away from the OP if you start on page two and work backwards you would never have guessed the title.
Personally I think unicorns used to exist. But I haven't been able to prove it yet.
fetal_unicorn_2__80321.1378339893.1280.1280.JPG

Actually, you said "what is wrong with that" when I originally pointed out that Santorum wanted to force others to live under his beliefs. Then you assumed I'm one of those people in the moral sewer. And I'm 54 years old and do remember. I remember when we didn't lock our doors when we went somewhere, or slept at night. I lived in Marshalltown at the time, so it wasn't a big city.

Last edited:
Actually, you said maybe it wasn't such a bad idea. And I originally pointed out that Santorum was the one that wants to force others to live under his beliefs. And I'm 54 years old and do remember. I remember when we didn't lock our doors when we went somewhere, or slept at night. I lived in Marshalltown at the time, so it wasn't a big city.
Well based on the past(which you remember) then maybe it isn't such a bad idea...things were better then however much has contributed to the demise we are now in...not just the diminishing influence of religious/spiritual beliefs.

Well based on the past(which you remember) then maybe it isn't such a bad idea...things were better then however much has contributed to the demise we are now in...not just the diminishing influence of religious/spiritual beliefs.

So you say you don't think you ever said you want to force your beliefs on anyone, yet you say maybe it's not such a bad idea for someone else to force your beliefs on someone else. Got it.

Not really. Rick Santorum is a perfect candidate for a Theocracy. The discussion is about religion and it's affects on society. Santorum is openly opposed to just about everything "dirty, nasty and evil"... as he defines it. Now, he'll insist that God opposes them, too. That's where we get into dangerous waters. "God" seems to have different conversations with different people at different times.

I am against gay marriage and abortion...all of which were illegal during my early life. I am against restrictions to God in public schools while openly allowing the exposure of secular practices...any way you slice it those things along with others are being forced on me...however you won't see me protesting in the streets, looting or burning...it is what it is.

I am against gay marriage and abortion...all of which were illegal during my early life. I am against restrictions to God in public schools while openly allowing the exposure of secular practices...any way you slice it those things along with others are being forced on me...however you won't see me protesting in the streets, looting or burning...it is what it is.
No one's making you get an abortion or get the gay on. As for the school prayer, as long as it isn't school sanctioned, and more a random deal from students, it's legal.

Wonder how these atheists will fare living under ISIS.....haha......get in line, you're head is getting chopped off.....but that's after we cut off your weinie But, but......I'm not a Christian.....I don't believe in God!! haha "Shut up and get in line."
But don't worry, they're not coming here.....the libs tell us they're not.

"Ever get the feeling Obama/libs hates Republicans/conservatives more than ISIS/Islamic extremists?" "Oh, of course!"

^^^^ I don't think I've ever seen a poster quote themselves (and then refer to themselves in the third person) on here before.

No one's making you get an abortion or get the gay on. As for the school prayer, as long as it isn't school sanctioned, and more a random deal from students, it's legal.
Just because the school prayer thing isn't "officially" disallowed try wearing a shirt or a crucifix or even praying at the lunch table and see how far that gets you. There were a group of coaches in FL a few years ago that were disciplined for saying a prayer at the table in the teachers lounge. Just because they say you aren't restricted doesn't mean it is accepted...not an effective argument bud. Heck you can't even wear an American flag pin on your shirt or kids can't wear anything patriotic...this country is insane and its not just in liberal/progressive areas of the country...in some areas of the South the same house of lunacy is rearing its ugly head.

Just because the school prayer thing isn't "officially" disallowed try wearing a shirt or a crucifix or even praying at the lunch table and see how far that gets you. There were a group of coaches in FL a few years ago that were disciplined for saying a prayer at the table in the teachers lounge. Just because they say you aren't restricted doesn't mean it is accepted...not an effective argument bud. Heck you can't even wear an American flag pin on your shirt or kids can't wear anything patriotic...this country is insane and its not just in liberal/progressive areas of the country...in some areas of the South the same house of lunacy is rearing its ugly head.
again, I said students. Also...how's your gay marriage and aborted fetus, since you know, it was forced on you. I will agree that businesses shouldn't have to partake in a wedding directly, but come on man.

I'll agree with your post here. I don't play religion, but I don't think people should be stopped from doing it. We have a bunch of pussies in this country that grew up thinking that life was big fluffy pillow that could be molded to exactly how they think it should be.

Saying it is legal and actually being allowed to do it are 2 entirely different propositions. Do you think a teacher praying at the table should be fired? I had a Muslim student miss 1/3 of my economics class 2 years ago because it interfered with his "prayer time". I was told to give him a passing grade and it wasn't my choice...think a Christian kid would be allowed the same opportunity? Now as to the business issue I have mixed feelings. On one hand I don't think anyone should be forced to provide a service for something that goes against their personal beliefs...on the other hand that opens the door to those who would not want to provide a service to someone because of race...and that is something I would not stand for.

For the record, I have no problem with allowing students or teachers to say a prayer or say grace at lunch.

Saying it is legal and actually being allowed to do it are 2 entirely different propositions. Do you think a teacher praying at the table should be fired? I had a Muslim student miss 1/3 of my economics class 2 years ago because it interfered with his "prayer time". I was told to give him a passing grade and it wasn't my choice...think a Christian kid would be allowed the same opportunity? Now as to the business issue I have mixed feelings. On one hand I don't think anyone should be forced to provide a service for something that goes against their personal beliefs...on the other hand that opens the door to those who would not want to provide a service to someone because of race...and that is something I would not stand for.
Dude, quit avoiding the abortion and gay question

Dude, quit avoiding the abortion and gay question
I'm against both hoss...thought I made that clear. The gay issue I could tolerate since it is inevitable and as long as they don't blow me a kiss or hit me with their purses I can ignore them I guess. The abortion issue is non negotiable...especially since I have a granddaughter now and I just can't imagine her voided existence. Those embryos, zygotes, fetus or whatever those of your inclination prefer to label them become living, breathing, thinking and loving human beings...with a soul...can't support or condone murder...and that is what it is...no other way to rationalize it. To suggest anything different is pure idiocy.

I'm against both hoss...thought I made that clear. The gay issue I could tolerate since it is inevitable and as long as they don't blow me a kiss or hit me with their purses I can ignore them I guess. The abortion issue is non negotiable...especially since I have a granddaughter now and I just can't imagine her voided existence. Those embryos, zygotes, fetus or whatever those of your inclination prefer to label them become living, breathing, thinking and loving human beings...with a soul...can't support or condone murder...and that is what it is...no other way to rationalize it. To suggest anything different is pure idiocy.
How have you been forced into abortion or gayness?

Herman Cain on Rick Santorum:

The tweet linked to a blog post published by columnist Robert Laurie on the Cain TV website on Thursday, questioning “why every GOP throwback candidate feels they need to enter the race.”

“Does he bring anything to the table that hasn’t already been rejected? Nope,” the post said about Santorum. “Has he modified his message to appeal to a country that appears desperate for a true, small government, constitutionalist? Nope. Did he do anything in the years since 2008 that would give you a new reason to vote for him? Nope.”

“It’s simply a re-run.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/...k-santorum-2016-bid-118376.html#ixzz3bTm6SE6v

The only things I recall liking about Santorum last time were some of the things he has said about helping workers and poor people. I forget what he said, and it wouldn't surprise me if he has backed off from those views, but at the time, I gave him a thumbs up (on those things).

You don't have to like it or acknowledge it at all. Are you some kind of pussy, do you not think there was gay sex and abortion before now? Being gay isn't a choice btw. Science is showing us that.
Of course I did...and you throw around the insults well behind a computer don't you...LOL.I wouldn't be so loose with the insults if you travel through Tennessee...many of these ridge runners aren't as cordial as I am. Science is showing us...oh dear heavens...you got it bad don't you Clarinda?

Forced on me to acknowledge as "normal"...not to indulge in.
It's not even being forced on you as being "normal."At best it's simply suggesting that you not think other people are abnormal for doing what feels right for them. No one is forcing you to change how you feel toward your personal compulsions and instincts. Unless you had an instinct of "those people are not normal."

Religion and it's need for repression is one of the worst social dysfunctions ever made! I think it's great to have balance. It's actually vital to have balance. But, people take balance and throw it completely OFF-balance! Repression is not a way to deal with social issues. Shame, fear, guilt, calling things dirty or nasty, is all a by-product of religious repression. Religious people somehow managing to interpret Scripture to say "be ashamed of yourself for feeling pleasure" has really set the species back, big-time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT