ADVERTISEMENT

Rider?

Hawkeye4Life78

HR All-American
Jan 11, 2004
Has there been any news regarding Josiah Rider!? Maybe Hawks? Maybe anyone? Has he come out with a list?

Too much talent in the class of 2018 for Iowa to be sitting with only one committ. As of now I wouldn't even rank us in the top 20 for class of 18. Hopefully we lock down a few more in the next couple of weeks at need weights otherwise this class will be a huge miss for Iowa while the competition gets even stronger.

Too much talent in the class of 2018 for Iowa to be sitting with only one committ. As of now I wouldn't even rank us in the top 20 for class of 18. Hopefully we lock down a few more in the next couple of weeks at need weights otherwise this class will be a huge miss for Iowa while the competition gets even stronger.
We have more than 1 commit but yes I agree.

We have more than 1 commit but yes I agree.
I don't think it took a lot of work to convince Nelson to be a Hawk.

I understand the staff is out there working hard, but it really doesn't mean anything unless they get there targets to commit. Hidlay & Rider are still out there so hopefully the staff makes that happen. Be nice if we could flip a 33 commit while there at it.

Reactions: PellaHawkeye
Nothing against Rider but I think the focus should be adding a 133 and 184 to what they already have in the 2018 class. If they go after a 149 and 157 in 2019 it would match up better with our current guys.

Nothing against Rider but I think the focus should be adding a 133 and 184 to what they already have in the 2018 class. If they go after a 149 and 157 in 2019 it would match up better with our current guys.
Aaron Brooks is still available, he's got to be projected to 174/184.

Reactions: JohnBasedow
Brooks and a number of recruits attended the PSU/Michigan game Saturday. 2nd visit by Brooks to PSU in a month. Also there off the top of my head were Wittlake, RBY, McHenry, Nevills, Beard, Starroci, and others.

That would be great, unfortunately the last time Brooks’ dad was posting on here he indicated that Iowa hadn’t even been in contact. Unless that has changed, it appears Iowa is all in on Hidlay.

If Tom projects Hidlay at 184 and is confident in getting him, that explains the lack of strong interest in Brooks (although not the complete lack of contact). That would leave the only hole at 133.

Could be wrong, but from what I’m hearing the top 149 target is in the class of 2019. I wouldn’t get your hopes up for Rider.

Reactions: JohnBasedow
I'd rather them go after theorius Robison hard next year than get rider. Robison is a monster on his feet, always getting on legs and doesn't seem to have any problems of getting away from bottom. Kid has a ton of potential

Brooks and a number of recruits attended the PSU/Michigan game Saturday. 2nd visit by Brooks to PSU in a month. Also there off the top of my head were Wittlake, RBY, McHenry, Nevills, Beard, Starroci, and others.
Man, you are the definition of a whining, immature, sissy.

I hope they were as bored watching it as I was.

I like your post. But I am sure they were impressed by 100k+ fans in blue and white.

We will get a few of these kids, but who and when? That is the question.

GO HAWKS!!

I'd rather them go after theorius Robison hard next year than get rider. Robison is a monster on his feet, always getting on legs and doesn't seem to have any problems of getting away from bottom. Kid has a ton of potential

I would as well but I'd like to know we have a real shot at him before just discarding a guy like Rider in what is the deepest class in recent memory.

Reactions: ILhawk41
I would as well but I'd like to know we have a real shot at him before just discarding a guy like Rider in what is the deepest class in recent memory.
Very good point, hopefully they're have been some type of talks with Robison already.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT