ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Matthew Perry

Must see TV on NBC: Friends, Mad About You, and Seinfeld. Kids today don’t understand about watching a certain show at a certain time on one day of the week.
I know it’s popular to slam Friends but I enjoyed it. Yes, the whole Ross and Rachel thing was annoying as hell and many fans became too emotionally invested in the characters. But I thought it was good for what it was - 23 minutes of entertainment where you could just zone out and laugh a few times.

I know it’s popular to slam Friends but I enjoyed it. Yes, the whole Ross and Rachel thing was annoying as hell and many fans became too emotionally invested in the characters. But I thought it was good for what it was - 23 minutes of entertainment where you could just zone out and laugh a few times.

I agree. In high school I had a group of 5 or 6 friends that pitched in a few bucks every week for an eighth of weed and we would take bong hits out of Sunshine(bongs name) all night while watching Seinfeld and Friends. It was a great time.

I'm truly not trying to be a dick. I thought the entire Friends show sucked. I hated dating girls that thought it was awesome. There is not a single person from that show that I ever want to see again. It was screetching chalkboard to me ears. .....But hey I played a long with it if it meant getting laid or a mean BJ back in my glory days.

I don't wish early death on anyone. So whether everyone can speculate how he actually died; it does not matter. I just hope he was at peace when he went.
Not liking something doesn’t make you a dick. You being you does.

#GOTEEEEMMMMMMSSSSSSS

Reactions: BrianNole777
Must see TV on NBC: Friends, Mad About You, and Seinfeld. Kids today don’t understand about watching a certain show at a certain time on one day of the week.
True. Your post also made me think how it’s been many years since I’ve watched a scripted show on a regular network.

Reactions: Tom Paris
396533326_3687368068163341_5298007328251373432_n.jpg

Well, this guy kinda sucks at comedy:

Reactions: runkpanole

I can appreciate when a comedian says something "edgy" or something slightly unpopular to get a laugh from some folks with a dark sense of humor. Occasionally I can find that sort of thing funny myself. But comedians or people that hop on board laughing about deaths immediately, is kinda lame. Especially this instance, because it's just not funny in any way, shape, or form.

And I'm not even a Friends fan. I didn't like the show at all.

That guy has found himself in some hot water for that insensitive joke.

I thought "Friends" sucked, too.

I sometimes watched because it was in-between "The Simpsons" and "Seinfeld" when I was a kid. :)
???
The Simpsons were on Sunday, and Friends was definitely not. How long did you sit and watch TV as a kid?

Matthew Perry and the cast of "Friends" made $1 million per episode in the final seasons. 😮

What about reruns?

Fox 5 had reruns of "The Simpsons", "Friends" and "Seinfeld" all around the 7 P.M. hour.

Those are what I watched. Granted, this was almost 30 years ago. :)

Shows were first syndicated in 1993. So that checks out because that's when your mom plopped you in front of the TV while I was banging her.

• Haha
Read that he played pickle ball for two hours then went to his hot tub where he had a cardiac arrest. Really sad. He was a funny dude in just about everything he was in.

Why are people terrible?

"It's very strange that no one has said anything about Chandler, really why????"

"She never posted about Matthew death's ?? Why ?? This is so confusing 😦 even the others like Jennifer and Matt ??"

"Interesting no actor and across no post about Matthew Perry why? 14 years you play with Matthew but no post yet."

"Courteney, do you even know that your friend on the show died? At least I would say words of support!"

Why are people terrible?

"It's very strange that no one has said anything about Chandler, really why????"

"She never posted about Matthew death's ?? Why ?? This is so confusing 😦 even the others like Jennifer and Matt ??"

"Interesting no actor and across no post about Matthew Perry why? 14 years you play with Matthew but no post yet."

"Courteney, do you even know that your friend on the show died? At least I would say words of support!"

Why is it grief has to be a public spectacle now?

Seriously the two requests I had of my wife should I die early are that I be buried with my glasses off and that she doesn't make a little car bumper sticker about me.

Why is it grief has to be a public spectacle now?

Seriously the two requests I had of my wife should I die early are that I be buried with my glasses off and that she doesn't make a little car bumper sticker about me.
I told my wife I'm indifferent as to what is done with my meat sack once I vacate it. However, if she spends any money that is more than the absolute bare minimum I would return and haunt her for the rest of her life.

I wonder who will get Matthew Perry's syndication wealth?

He wasn't married and had no kids.
Given that Perry was 54 years old, had tens of millions of dollars, and had at least one near-death incident before, I’m guessing he and his business managers/accountants/agents had already put pen to paper and determined what would happen to his money and his future residuals after he died.

Reactions: hawkdave007
Given that Perry was 54 years old, had tens of millions of dollars, and had at least one near-death incident before, I’m guessing he and his business managers/accountants/agents had already put pen to paper and determined what would happen to his money and his future residuals after he died.

Dunno.

Lots of people don't have wills.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Dunno.

Lots of people don't have wills.
We'll probably never hear about his will. California is the "land of trusts", and most people there have a trust-based estate plan instead of a will.

He was very tuned in to the issues of addiction, so hopefully he left a legacy naming charities related to that cause.

He had a serious brush with death in the last couple of years, so I have to believe he had his "affairs in order".

We liked Friends a lot at the time, but it is one of those that we have no interest in rewatching, not even a single episode. We watched The Office again from start to finish a while back and it was still awesome. I feel the same way about Seinfeld too, I loved it at the time, but when I see a rerun on, I am not very interested in watching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT