ADVERTISEMENT

Rivals Recruiting team ranking for 2020 as of 4/12/19....Iowa #11

Complete misrepresentation of the Truth. Which begs the question are you just not very smart or are you intentionally trying to misrepresent the Truth.

For those of us who don’t care about where we rank they still don’t and I would suspect for the ones that do… They still do!!!

Here is the cold hard reality.... Nebraska has routinely signed classes in the top 25 for a long long long long time...

Iowa has routinely signed classes in the top 40, sometimes even only the top 50 and yet as of last year had the 16th most kids on NFL Rosters.

Showing us a number of things....

1st and foremost when it comes to Iowa and Wisconsin too for that matter, recruiting rankings are never accurate. At the end of the cycle they should always just jump Iowa or Wisconsin’s class 10 to 15 spots every year.

Because that’s reality....20 years is a long enough snapshot to know that if Iowas Class was ranked by rivals at 40th it really was probably somewhere between 20 and 25.

I know that’s really aggravating to you guys but we have enough data to know that it’s true.

2nd.... you guys aren’t very good at “identifying real talent“ and maybe you should spend less time looking at the rankings and more time identifying whether these kids really are any good or not.

3rd...what is the difference between the 25th ranked class and the 40th? And I’m serious...

I want you to do a case study on recruiting rankings from the last 5 years. Then look where the top 40 finished wins and losses and the number of NFL players they all produced.

You’re going to be sad to find out Iowa is recruiting at a much much much higher level than Nebraska already.

There is literally no metric available to prove otherwise. We’ve already established that ranking systems before they play college football are very very ambiguous.

Oh shoot...I’m sorry, then how about Oregon 59-FSU 20?

Not a good comparison?

Then how about...

Clemson 37 - OU 17....still no good?

Clemson 31 - OSU 0...?!

Bama 24 - Washington 7...?!

Clemson 30 - ND 3....

Not sure what your point is? Quite frankly blowouts happen and Iowa would have been in good company.....Close still fits… It’s also not always indicative of one team being grossly better than the other team. It just happens...
All I'm saying is regarding the 2015 season - No, "close" to winning it all does not fit for Iowa. All I'm sayin'.

The big reason Iowa and Wisconsin have had success with 40th place recruiting is the continuity with their style and in their coaching staffs. Nebraska has had too many changes, with suspect coaching, to take advantage of better recruiting. Frost will change that, as most will agree. It is the amount that it changes that is unknown. Meanwhile Iowa is recruiting at a higher level. Wisconsin maybe not so much. It's about to get interesting in the west.

Oh shoot...I’m sorry, then how about Oregon 59-FSU 20?

Not a good comparison?

Then how about...

Clemson 37 - OU 17....still no good?

Clemson 31 - OSU 0...?!

Bama 24 - Washington 7...?!

Clemson 30 - ND 3....

Not sure what your point is? Quite frankly blowouts happen and Iowa would have been in good company.....Close still fits… It’s also not always indicative of one team being grossly better than the other team. It just happens...
ND works, they got lucky to play such a good "sounding" crappy schedule lol.
FSU works to imo, but then agian look at where they are right now :)
Suckeyes works too, they would have been curbstomped again last year.

My point is we had a bunch of medicore games that year and never beat any really special teams. It was fun having a chance at making the playoffs, just saying that team was far from championship caliber.

They weren't 30 seconds away from being the final 4 teams standing out of 131 D1 teams? That isn't close for you? Get a clue.
close to getting in the playoffs or close to actually winning them?

i think he's talking about actually being a championship team, in that case no they weren't close.

They weren't 30 seconds away from being the final 4 teams standing out of 131 D1 teams? That isn't close for you? Get a clue.
Dude. Buddy. Mi amigo - We were soooooo darn close to making the playoffs, which was awesome but we were not close to winning it all. Almost being in the final four is not "close" to being national champions.

If you're arguing we were almost a playoff team I'm sorry, there was a communication breakdown at some point.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Dude. Buddy. Mi amigo - We were soooooo darn close to making the playoffs, which was awesome but we were not close to winning it all. Almost being in the final four is not "close" to being national champions.

If you're arguing we were almost a playoff team I'm sorry, there was a communication breakdown at some point.
Not worth wasting energy by either of us at this point.

ND works, they got lucky to play such a good "sounding" crappy schedule lol.
FSU works to imo, but then agian look at where they are right now :)
Suckeyes works too, they would have been curbstomped again last year.

My point is we had a bunch of medicore games that year and never beat any really special teams. It was fun having a chance at making the playoffs, just saying that team was far from championship caliber.

For the record and I believe you ferreted it out already...I don’t think he was ever saying “we would’ve won it” and I know I wasn’t… I thought the premise was close to making it into the playoffs?!

Oh no, recruiting DOES matter. I think maybe we're excited because we've seen that Iowa, with classes in the 30s and 40s, can flat out curb stomp many teams chalked full of "better" recruits. You must know this though - surely you've watched the games, much to your dismay.

Sure, we watched Iowa beat a Mike Riley coached team. Congratulations, you joined every other team in the B1G in that group. So we had an inept Chancellor who hired an inept AD, who for some reason lost his mind and hired Mike Riley. We can't do much about that.

We also watched Scott Frost make up 39 points in one year...and lose by 3 in your stadium...with a bunch of guys he didn't recruit and a true freshman QB.

You know where this is going, but you're too proud to admit to it. It will be good to put this ridiculous Iowa Mike Riley based winning streak out of its misery in Lincoln next year.

See. I don't get this way of thinking.
Should Iowa have destroyed OSU 2 yrs ago?
Saying ANY team can't play with the Bama's and Clemson's of college football is really just wasted breath. Any team can beat any team on a given day. Prove that statement wrong. I'll wait for your answer.

Saying ANY team can't play with the Bama's and Clemson's of college football is really just wasted breath. Any team can beat any team on a given day. Prove that statement wrong. I'll wait for your answer.
Bang! This is part of my argument for thinking Iowa can win da hole thang! If the team does it's part in all facets and we get some things to go in our favor it can happen. Make the playoff then who knows.

That’s pretty cool. For years Hawkeyes said that recruiting rankings don’t matter....

100% false.

No one has ever said that recruiting rankings don't matter. What many here HAVE said is that Nebraska specifically has been fabulous at taking very good recruiting classes and turning that into really crappy football teams. It is why when you Fusker idiots come here and brag about your recruiting, you look really, really stupid and don't realize it. It is a great source of entertainment and joy for fans of a team that you constantly "out-recruit" yet constantly lose to.

Carry on....

Sure, we watched Iowa beat a Mike Riley coached team. Congratulations, you joined every other team in the B1G in that group. So we had an inept Chancellor who hired an inept AD, who for some reason lost his mind and hired Mike Riley. We can't do much about that.

We also watched Scott Frost make up 39 points in one year...and lose by 3 in your stadium...with a bunch of guys he didn't recruit and a true freshman QB.

You know where this is going, but you're too proud to admit to it. It will be good to put this ridiculous Iowa Mike Riley based winning streak out of its misery in Lincoln next year.

So what you’re telling me is scores from last year transfer to the next year… So we can pretty much expect Ohio State is going to lose to Purdue by 70 next year?

Yuck...

Here’s the deal you’re over here selling yourself you’re not selling anybody else over here we all know it’s going to be a tough game pretty much every game is… Until it isn’t...you’re trying to convince yourself, you’re the one that’s too stubborn to admit it.

The truth is you guys had all the momentum in the world you should’ve won the game and you didn’t .... let that sink in for a moment.

I’m pretty giddy that in a game we were dominating, then made a few mistakes, lost momentum & let you guys back in it, yet we still won? Thats actually HUGE and Any experienced Iowa fan can regurgitate a number of games that went the other direction… So although you are trying to convince yourself that means somethings coming into the next year… I would agree, it Showed tremendous growth, resiliency and determination on our part.

See we can all play stupid games

Reactions: Hawk94Mn
So what you’re telling me is scores from last year transfer to the next year… So we can pretty much expect Ohio State is going to lose to Purdue by 70 next year?

Yuck...

Here’s the deal you’re over here selling yourself you’re not selling anybody else over here we all know it’s going to be a tough game pretty much every game is… Until it isn’t...you’re trying to convince yourself, you’re the one that’s too stubborn to admit it.

The truth is you guys had all the momentum in the world you should’ve won the game and you didn’t .... let that sink in for a moment.

I’m pretty giddy that in a game we were dominating, then made a few mistakes, lost momentum & let you guys back in it, yet we still won? Thats actually HUGE and Any experienced Iowa fan can regurgitate a number of games that went the other direction… So although you are trying to convince yourself that means somethings coming into the next year… I would agree, it Showed tremendous growth, resiliency and determination on our part.

See we can all play stupid games
Kick the FG on the 3 yard line its an Iowa blow out.

Seriously, that game was INCHES away from being yet another ass-kicking. Hockenson takes that fake in, and Nebby wilts and we hang another 40-burger on them.

It took them a missed fake, 3(!) fourth down conversions, and a BS late hit call for Nebby to even make it a game.
Yep.....I didn't like the fake FG call but I get why. Just about backfired though.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Here is a list of DB's drafted since 2000:

DBU? Most DB’s drafted
• Since 2000

28- Ohio State
24- Virginia Tech
22- Alabama
22- LSU
22- Florida
21- Miami
20- FSU
17- UGA
17- USC
16- Clemson
16- Nebraska
16- OU
16- Texas
That works.

Now go back to your buckeye nuts and poor driving ability, you are no longer needed.

When it is just one game, anything can happen. See Iowa v Ohio State. No one and I mean NO ONE saw that coming. One game. Can happen.

Reactions: chuck285

DBU? Most DB’s drafted
• Since 2000

28- Ohio State
24- Virginia Tech
22- Alabama
22- LSU
22- Florida
21- Miami
20- FSU
17- UGA
17- USC
16- Clemson
16- Nebraska
16- OU
16- Texas

And if you could list how much each was paid in college they would be the top earners also!

100% correct. Game plan, turnovers, momentum. All factor in for one game. Probability against it, yes, but that probability of upset is a lot better than 0.

When it is just one game, anything can happen. See Iowa v Ohio State. No one and I mean NO ONE saw that coming. One game. Can happen.
I'm not going against the idea that anything (a miracle in this case) can happen. Again, what I'm saying is we weren't close to being natl champions. Had we beaten Mich St and then beaten Alabama yet lost in the title game, I'd say we were indeed "close" to winning it all.

But we didn't even get to the playoff and play Alabama and therefore, in my opinion, no one should consider Iowa "close" to being national champs. The word "close" just doesn't belong. Had we beaten Mich St we still had Mt. Everest to climb, twice..

But I understand, people have summited Everest so it could have been possible had we gotten that far.

DBU? Most DB’s drafted
• Since 2000

28- Ohio State
24- Virginia Tech
22- Alabama
22- LSU
22- Florida
21- Miami
20- FSU
17- UGA
17- USC
16- Clemson
16- Nebraska
16- OU
16- Texas
I'm not gonna say we can lay claim to top db program. But development of them is as good as anyone imo. We aren't gonna get the same talent you guys will as well as fl/ga etc.

That said......why the hell are you using stats starting 19 years ago?
How many coaches you had even 10 year ago are still with your school?

I'm not gonna say we can lay claim to top db program. But development of them is as good as anyone imo. We aren't gonna get the same talent you guys will as well as fl/ga etc.

That said......why the hell are you using stats starting 19 years ago?
How many coaches you had even 10 year ago are still with your school?

No one said you guys didn't develop players..I was just responding to the person that stated that Iowa was in the top 10 % of DB's drafted in the NFL. that's all, no need to get your panties in a bunch.

Also, What does the number of coaches have to do with anything?

No one said you guys didn't develop players..I was just responding to the person that stated that Iowa was in the top 10 % of DB's drafted in the NFL. that's all, no need to get your panties in a bunch.

Everything you've said is fair. I'm not sure why people get defensive when facts are brought to the table.

I was more thinking the last 10 years but even so you basically proved my point. Iowa can say we develop DBs but from a production standpoint we aren't close to being considered a top DB factory.

What do coaches have to do with developing kids into nfl players? They have something to do with it.

Lets face it bud, your list is whack! Any defensive list that even mentions braska is clearly way out of date lol. You play them annually, so you should knows this. :D

That’s pretty cool. For years Hawkeyes said that recruiting rankings don’t matter and now a little less than ONE YEAR from signing day, you are excited about a number 11 ranking? Alrighty then.

FYI - the Huskers are 10 spots above your finish from last year with only THREE recruits.

Carry on...

Two 4-8 seasons in a row. Keep up the good work. See you again next spring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT