ADVERTISEMENT

Rivals Recruiting team ranking for 2020 as of 4/12/19....Iowa #11

I was more thinking the last 10 years but even so you basically proved my point. Iowa can say we develop DBs but from a production standpoint we aren't close to being considered a top DB factory.

Iowa does a good job of developing players and Iowa has produced a couple of DB's of Year recently. I wasn't trying to start a fight with anyone and if anyone took my post as so...Sorry.

What do coaches have to do with developing kids into nfl players? They have something to do with it.

Lets face it bud, your list is whack! Any defensive list that even mentions braska is clearly way out of date lol. You play them annually, so you should knows this. :D

Lol...you thought I was a Nebraska fan...lol Look closely at the ring above my screen name. ;)

What do coaches have to do with developing kids into nfl players? They have something to do with it.

Lets face it bud, your list is whack! Any defensive list that even mentions braska is clearly way out of date lol. You play them annually, so you should knows this. :D

Never mind.. I get it.. you were slamming your Husker buddies to the West. :p

Reactions: cmhawks99
I don’t ever base it on the rank but the average rating of the class. To me that defines if the classes are getting better or not.

I don’t ever base it on the rank but the average rating of the class. To me that defines if the classes are getting better or not.
Bingo. There's too many variables to accurately rank them past spot 20 or so.

How many recruits did they sign?

What positions did they need ?

Who offered their signees?

Who offered that the recruit didn't mention since they were committed?

Who committed so early or so firmly that other schools never bothered to try?

Such an inexact science.

Reactions: Hawkfan7314
Sure, we watched Iowa beat a Mike Riley coached team. Congratulations, you joined every other team in the B1G in that group. So we had an inept Chancellor who hired an inept AD, who for some reason lost his mind and hired Mike Riley. We can't do much about that.

We also watched Scott Frost make up 39 points in one year...and lose by 3 in your stadium...with a bunch of guys he didn't recruit and a true freshman QB.

You know where this is going, but you're too proud to admit to it. It will be good to put this ridiculous Iowa Mike Riley based winning streak out of its misery in Lincoln next year.

Man, most of you guys are excuse-machines. Every year it’s a new one. Just admit you aren’t as good as you think you are and if ... if ... you get to the point Nebraska can beat Iowa again go ahead and come back. Just let Bones and a few of your level-headed posters handle things until that point. Otherwise, you just look pathetic with your constant excuses and “what-ifs” and “just-waits”.

P.S The Replacements are better then Husker Du.

After our huge get today, Iowa is stacking up VERY nicely at #11, yes a lot of it due to the number of commits but all of these guys are quality pieces...

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2020/all-teams/football
Those "quality" pieces average rated 5.6. You do realize that 5.5 is the lowest rating they even give?
That is like comparing coaches out picking flowers and one guy brings back orchids he fought his way through the jungle to get-another brings back roses that he had to fight through thorns to get. Kirk goes and picks a bunch of dandelions because they were close to his front doorstep.
Kirk has more dandelions quicker= is that something to take pride in or be worried about?

This class will keep moving and moving up it’s like a freight train going down hill... try to stop it
Dont look now but they dropped a few spots as other teams are starting to add #'s With a 5.6 star rating avg this class is destined to be outside the top 50 again unless Kirk starts recruiting some stars. We all know what the chances of that happening is.

Dont look now but they dropped a few spots as other teams are starting to add #'s With a 5.6 star rating avg this class is destined to be outside the top 50 again unless Kirk starts recruiting some stars. We all know what the chances of that happening is.

We do? Iowa hasn’t been above 50 for like 4 years.

We do? Iowa hasn’t been above 50 for like 4 years.
He also cherry picked the Rival's ratings. We have a 4-star and no one lower than an .86 3-star by the 247 Composite, and multiple 4-stars and nobody lower than an 87 by 247's own ratings.

Not to mention Yelverton, Hogan, Jones, Williams, Volk, and Elsbury all have the potential to be bumped up before signing day.

Reactions: owenhawk
Those "quality" pieces average rated 5.6. You do realize that 5.5 is the lowest rating they even give?
That is like comparing coaches out picking flowers and one guy brings back orchids he fought his way through the jungle to get-another brings back roses that he had to fight through thorns to get. Kirk goes and picks a bunch of dandelions because they were close to his front doorstep.
Kirk has more dandelions quicker= is that something to take pride in or be worried about?
Those "dandelions" are getting offers from Michigan, LSU, Nebraska, Wisconsin, OSU, and a host of other schools.

Do some research before you spout that crap.

He also cherry picked the Rival's ratings. We have a 4-star and no one lower than an .86 3-star by the 247 Composite, and multiple 4-stars and nobody lower than an 87 by 247's own ratings.

Not to mention Yelverton, Hogan, Jones, Williams, Volk, and Elsbury all have the potential to be bumped up before signing day.

Yeah I know like a lot of people in this site they just make stuff up because they don’t like the coaches or whatever. Not that Ferentz is perfect but at least hit him on the things that are true.

Reactions: Frosty7130
Nebraska has offered about the same amount at WR as Iowa has total so far for the class of 2020. Lmao no wonder they are a terrible program. They probably don't know who half the recruits are that they offer.

Yea Nebby. You guys get 5 star recruits and do NOTHING with them. Your proud of that? You've turned into a perennial LOSER and a laughingstock on national sports radio. The only people who dont know it is your gang base. However I do admire your relentless defending of your sinking program. I guess you get an A for effort in there.

Reactions: sltldowney
Yea Nebby. You guys get 5 star recruits and do NOTHING with them. Your proud of that? You've turned into a perennial LOSER and a laughingstock on national sports radio. The only people who dont know it is your gang base. However I do admire your relentless defending of your sinking program. I guess you get an A for effort in there.

Nebraska has only had two 5* players since 2000. Iowa has had 7 during that time...glad you know what you're talking about.

Complete misrepresentation of the Truth. Which begs the question are you just not very smart or are you intentionally trying to misrepresent the Truth.

For those of us who don’t care about where we rank they still don’t and I would suspect for the ones that do… They still do!!!

Here is the cold hard reality.... Nebraska has routinely signed classes in the top 25 for a long long long long time...

Iowa has routinely signed classes in the top 40, sometimes even only the top 50 and yet as of last year had the 16th most kids on NFL Rosters.

Showing us a number of things....

1st and foremost when it comes to Iowa and Wisconsin too for that matter, recruiting rankings are never accurate. At the end of the cycle they should always just jump Iowa or Wisconsin’s class 10 to 15 spots every year.

Because that’s reality....20 years is a long enough snapshot to know that if Iowas Class was ranked by rivals at 40th it really was probably somewhere between 20 and 25.

I know that’s really aggravating to you guys but we have enough data to know that it’s true.

2nd.... you guys aren’t very good at “identifying real talent“ and maybe you should spend less time looking at the rankings and more time identifying whether these kids really are any good or not.

3rd...what is the difference between the 25th ranked class and the 40th? And I’m serious...

I want you to do a case study on recruiting rankings from the last 5 years. Then look where the top 40 finished wins and losses and the number of NFL players they all produced.

You’re going to be sad to find out Iowa is recruiting at a much much much higher level than Nebraska already.

There is literally no metric available to prove otherwise. We’ve already established that ranking systems before they play college football are very very ambiguous.
Excellent post - suck on that one fuskers.

Sure, we watched Iowa beat a Mike Riley coached team. Congratulations, you joined every other team in the B1G in that group. So we had an inept Chancellor who hired an inept AD, who for some reason lost his mind and hired Mike Riley. We can't do much about that.

We also watched Scott Frost make up 39 points in one year...and lose by 3 in your stadium...with a bunch of guys he didn't recruit and a true freshman QB.

You know where this is going, but you're too proud to admit to it. It will be good to put this ridiculous Iowa Mike Riley based winning streak out of its misery in Lincoln next year.
Iowa wins by two touchdowns in Lincoln this season.

Iowa wins by two touchdowns in Lincoln this season.

Yeah that makes sense. You win by just 3 in your own stadium in Frost's first year...and win by 2 TDs in Lincoln the following year?? The meth has rendered you dopey..

Man, most of you guys are excuse-machines. Every year it’s a new one. Just admit you aren’t as good as you think you are and if ... if ... you get to the point Nebraska can beat Iowa again go ahead and come back. Just let Bones and a few of your level-headed posters handle things until that point. Otherwise, you just look pathetic with your constant excuses and “what-ifs” and “just-waits”.

P.S The Replacements are better then Husker Du.

Both were good, but I agree with you. I'm a bigger fan of the Mats too.

When we win in Lincoln this year you guys will probably have to take down your shrines to Mike Riley, your savior..

Yeah that makes sense. You win by just 3 in your own stadium in Frost's first year...and win by 2 TDs in Lincoln the following year?? The meth has rendered you dopey..
2016 @ home: Nub 10, Iowa 40
2017 @ Nub: Iowa 56, Nub 14

Crazy how things work out sometimes, even without meth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT