ADVERTISEMENT

ROY - WNBA

Reese has hit her pinnacle. She isn’t getting any better than what she’s showing right now. Clark on the other had can and will become way better as the season moves along. We’ve already seen major improvements. Add in her teammates adjusting to playing with her and actually finishing layups/making shots. Her and Bostons connection has drastically improved since the start of the season. I see no way Clark isn’t by far the most deserving of the award by seasons end…

2023 Women’s Final Four Most Outstanding Player when she won the title.

yikes-rachel-dratch.gif
Yes she did win it but only because she was on the National Championship team. Clark was by far the better player and best stats but they gave it to the winning teams player.

Your argument would have had more merit if you would have used Alyssa Thomas instead of Sabrina.

Why?

Sabrina has her share, obviously not as many as Alyssa, but in stating something to a clueless fan I picked the name that was shown on countless graphics during Caitlin’s college career.

Took a shot that maybe he had heard of Sabrina…literally no chance he has ever heard of Alyssa before.

Why?

Sabrina has her share, obviously not as many as Alyssa, but in stating something to a clueless fan I picked the name that was shown on countless graphics during Caitlin’s college career.

Took a shot that maybe he had heard of Sabrina…literally no chance he has ever heard of Alyssa before.
It was me and yes, I’ve heard of Alyssa before and Sabrina….doesn’t change the point of my original argument…the W makes such a big deal out of double doubles because they really can’t get triple doubles.

It was me and yes, I’ve heard of Alyssa before and Sabrina….doesn’t change the point of my original argument…the W makes such a big deal out of double doubles because they really can’t get triple doubles.

Your original argument was that Caitlin was the only one in the WNBA that could get triple doubles …. Ignoring that there are others that do get them

Reactions: WDSMHAWK
Your original argument was that Caitlin was the only one in the WNBA that could get triple doubles …. Ignoring that there are others that do get them
But they don’t get them consistently enough to consider them a real threat to do it on any given night…Clark comes closer more often than anyone else. Most of the good scorers and rebounders don’t get anywhere near 10 assists and most guards don’t get anywhere near 10 rebounds. That’s what I meant…sorry some took it so literally, but that’s why double doubles are such a huge deal in the W….and if you look at the stats, a lot of players have had a lot of double doubles.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
But they don’t get them consistently enough to consider them a real threat to do it on any given night

Alyssa Thomas last year averaged 15 points a game, 10 rebounds a game, and 8 assist a game. (15.5/9.9/7.9)

I would call that pretty consistent and damn close to Triple Double watch for an entire season.

For comparison, Caitlin is at 16.0/5.7/7.1 for the season. Damn good for a rookie… but not anywhere near what Alyssa did last year .

Do not think for a second I am throwing shade at Caitlin. Realizing that there are other damn good players in the league is not a sign of disrespect. I will not be surprised if she does end up being considered the best….but let her earn it first before crowning her.

Alyssa Thomas last year averaged 15 points a game, 10 rebounds a game, and 8 assist a game. (15.5/9.9/7.9)

I would call that pretty consistent and damn close to Triple Double watch for an entire season.

For comparison, Caitlin is at 16.0/5.7/7.1 for the season. Damn good for a rookie… but not anywhere near what Alyssa did last year .

Do not think for a second I am throwing shade at Caitlin. Realizing that there are other damn good players in the league is not a sign of disrespect. I will not be surprised if she does end up being considered the best….but let her earn it first before crowning her.
I’m not crowning anyone…I just think Caitlin’s game is one of the very few that lends itself to hitting a triple double. Are we going to start having a dunk count in the W because Britney Griner did it a couple of times? Pretty much every player in the league will not get a triple double, so they make a big deal out of double doubles, which is far more attainable with points and rebounds than with points and assists, especially for anyone tall in a league where no one can jump.

CC should get the award, but it doesn't help that she is probably the biggest whiner in the league.
Maybe they'll decide it by who dresses better on the way to games...that seems very important in the W.
Season 4 Model GIF by NETFLIX
Yeah no, she whined quite abit in college but she hasn't been in the wnba much, you must not be watching much

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT