ADVERTISEMENT

RPI

FairfIowafan1984

HR All-State
Sep 7, 2016
Iowa
They said are RPI was 90 going into the game it has to be like late 70s now....anyone know what it is now? I heard someone say after the Maryland game if we beat Wisconsin and Penn State our RPI would be 71 or 73 can't remember which.

Only issue is we need to root against Illinois they have 2 wins against us and are a bubble team and the NCAA won't take 9 B10 teams to the tourney.

That Minnesota loss that we had won even hurts more now we would have an RPI in late 50s/early 60s since it was at Minnesota and they have the best RPI in the B10.

RPI of 73 Top 50 5-8.

There are a lot of teams who are "bubble" team who have only 1-2 top 50 wins. If that is what the committee stated in early Feb. Then the hawks are sitting just on the outside. Win 2 more and they will be fine.

The committee also said RPI wouldn't be as much of a favor this year, and are fixing it next year what was our Kenpom and other rankings? Anyone know them all as I recall we are worst as RPI than BPI and Kenpom rankings. Beat Penn state and we are a 7th or 6th ranked in the B10.

We have beat the top 3 teams in the B10 that should go along ways it feels like the year we went to the NIT because of the worst refered game I've ever seen when we lost to Michigan state. We need to beat Penn State which won't be easy. Then win 2 in BTT to make us a 50/50 chance of among the dance. 3 wins and we are in!

What a up and down season we might be in if we beat Penn State and won that Minnesota game on the road that we should have won of it wasn't for the 4'6 ref making the stupidest call ever! That game was a well called game until that point!

I just love this team if we make the NIT I could see us winning it all we are hot and these guys play their hearts out every game! Next year we will be even better too!

Reactions: m.stoops2013
RPI of 73 Top 50 5-8.

There are a lot of teams who are "bubble" team who have only 1-2 top 50 wins. If that is what the committee stated in early Feb. Then the hawks are sitting just on the outside. Win 2 more and they will be fine.

Our RPI jumped up 17 spots after this win!! Really what will it be if we beat Penn State? 68-71 I assume.

Reactions: m.stoops2013
I feel the committe should also take into effect like they have in the past that we were without our second best player during the non conference for 5-6 games. Also Iowa is playing great ever since the Iowa state game and we have 6 freshman who play a lot of minutes.

Iowa had the the best recruiting class this year in the B10 don't care what their stars were. We have a lot of guys that ended up being 4 star players. And cook was the only player that was a high 4 star and ended up playing right at his rating.

Fran is such a great recruiter ever player we miss out on that's a 3 star or low 4 star end up being a superstar! OG was a fallback recruit for Indiana and before his injury was a lottery pick and the list can go on and on.

RPI of 73 Top 50 5-8.

Honestly the hawks have a better resume than a LOT of bubble teams. They should absolutely be in the discussion at this point.

Out of the bubble teams Iowa has the best wins that are top 50 teams and 2 are on the road,and yes now after this win they are officially a bubble team.

With that should have been MInnesota win are RPI would be another road win against a top 15 RPI and would have an RPI of around 55, which would put us in the field as of now are next four out.

Amazing what one screw up by the refs can do!!

Last edited:
I'm rewatching the Iowa game on ESPNU I knew their were a ton a bad fans even Calhoun said it like 3-4 times.

But this game was worst called game the second time watching it usually it's the other way around, wow!!

Last edited:
They said are RPI was 90 going into the game it has to be like late 70s now....anyone know what it is now? I heard someone say after the Maryland game if we beat Wisconsin and Penn State our RPI would be 71 or 73 can't remember which.

Only issue is we need to root against Illinois they have 2 wins against us and are a bubble team and the NCAA won't take 9 B10 teams to the tourney.

That Minnesota loss that we had won even hurts more now we would have an RPI in late 50s/early 60s since it was at Minnesota and they have the best RPI in the B10.
I think the number the RPI rises or falls like the AP Top 25 depends a lot of what other teams do. After the ISU win over Oklahoma State who had won 9 of their last 10 games ISU just rose from an RPI of 37 to 33. If a team raised 10 or so points after one win they would be #1 pretty quickly, no?

I think the number the RPI rises or falls like the AP Top 25 depends a lot of what other teams do. After the ISU win over Oklahoma State who had won 9 of their last 10 games ISU just rose from an RPI of 37 to 33. If a team raised 10 or so points after one win they would be #1 pretty quickly, no?

What are you talking about? I know Iowa was 94th and went to 90th before playing Wisconsin due to some teams they beat winning.

But what you said made no sense they got a road win against a good team and road wins make your RPI go higher,and Iowa has a low RPI that's why they went don 90th to 73rd. If their RPI was let's say 40th they would have just went to like 35th.

For a Hawkeye fan you aren't very smart.

since I figured out your a clone fan now I'll edit this if you beat West Virginia who IMO is a very good team only two great teams in the B12 I will be happy because our RPI will raise acouple points. But I don't see that happening if it does I will be happy though. I'm just happy that our team is playing so well and we have the 7th younger team in all D1 and has already exceeded my expectation in wins and 5-8 against RPI top 50.

Last edited:
Oh wait your making ISU comments meaning your a troll that's an ISU fan. Now it makes sense will you people please go away the only ISU fan welcome here is loneclone.

We have had two straight road wins against top 25 teams and are playing great basketball have fun losing to us the next 6 years. We are young and loaded with talent and have talent coming in.

Only thing you have to pray for in transfers lol those days are over the day Fred left who was a coach players liked.

Why make stupid comments like that?

Oh wait your making ISU comments meaning your a troll that's an ISU fan. Now it makes sense will you people please go away the only ISU fan welcome here is loneclone.

We have had two straight road wins against top 25 teams and are playing great basketball have fun losing to us the next 6 years. We are young and loaded with talent and have talent coming in.

Only thing you have to pray for in transfers lol those days are over the day Fred left who was a coach players liked.

Why make stupid comments like that?
Are you drunk? Use some damn punctuation.

Are you drunk? Use some damn punctuation.

Only got a few hours of sleep. Have to work soon, sorry didn't realize i needed perfect punctuation for you,was typing quickly while getting ready for work.

But I forgot the punctuation police are out this morning.

I really don't care about punctuation or if you're drunk, but I wondered the same thing.

I was just in a hurry getting ready for work. I also don't drink much. Plus it's
Tax season i work 12 hour shifts. So I don't care sometimes about punctuation when I'm
Brushing my teeth.

Also I find it annoying when people say comments like that when I'm just happy about last night! And I only got 3-4 hours of sleep.

I was just in a hurry getting ready for work. I also don't drink much. Plus it's
Tax season i work 12 hour shifts. So I don't care sometimes about punctuation when I'm
Brushing my teeth.

Also I find it annoying when people say comments like that when I'm just happy about last night! And I only got 3-4 hours of sleep.
I don't feel sorry for you not getting sleep when you're up at 1 AM rewatching the game. Even though I was up that late playing the game in my head. I'm glad you're excited but lay off the peyote. Cheers bro.

Brushing my teeth.

111909946_medium_dc629f.jpg

I believe the committee when it says it does not worry about team count per conference.

There's up to 11 from the ACC in the tournament in some projections. The B12 looks a whole lot weaker than it did a month or so ago, they will probably only get five in. That opens up a couple more spots, the Pac-12 isn't going to get many teams in either.

I don't get the Meme, I should lighten up about being happy about the team? Ok......

I think what he's saying is: you only needed to explain to myvue is that RPI works like a bell curve, lots of movements in the middle and little movement on the edges. It seems like you went on a rampage on myvue for no legitimate reason, unless their was a post that got deleted in the middle we didn't see. So just lighten up and enjoy the ride.

ESPN has our RPI at 90 yesterday and now at 71. Penn State is a 95, so beating them would only move us up a few spots. Gotta atleast get 2 wins in the BTT. As a 7th seed we would most likely play Ohio State right? They are around a 65 RPI but have no chance at the the tourney, unless they win the BTT.

Also that would be a good matchup for us since they have nobody that can shot the 3, we struggle against good 3 point shooting teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT