ADVERTISEMENT

Rumorville

I said it tic. Kirk answered publicly as he should. But 100k could have helped land the next great WR or QB or whoever. Swarm isn't a bottomless vessel. Agree on the parameters of this NIL disaster though.

People keep saying Proctor got $100,000

The SWARM CEO says otherwise

Good Game Handshake GIF by Gaming GIFs
He pulled an 'oliver martin' but actually got paid.

again, he didn't get that much according to the SWARM CEO

SWARM better sue Him for the 100k or Brad will have real problems getting donations going forward if a 350 lb goof Thief can commit for 3 weeks and bail with the cash, That is some Paulie Walnuts and the Yard business type crap.

^^^If Proctor keeps the $$$, fundraising for SWARM just got 1000% tougher.

As it should.

why do you falsely say he got $100,000?

and why do people blindly believe it?

the real problems are the false narratives that are spreading.

the truth?

well, here you go:

Brad has a lot on his plate now that this has happened. My question is, how much faith did Hawkeye fans lose in the Swarm? How much will this news adversely affect donations going forward? Without any kind of guarantee of a player staying, how willing are fans willing to donate?

not one penny of what normal fans donate went to Proctor

it's shocking how most people don't know this

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
So when the going gets tough with the news coaches at Alabama, who all lines up for Proctor next year when he enters the Portal?

What an absolute JOKE of a person. Will see if he ever grows up or remains a child in a man body.

Reactions: shudaddy
He should probably start disclosing deals that are made or donations are going to dwindle . People want to know how their money is being spent.

again, the donations from the "normal" fan do not go towards acquiring the Cade McNamaras, the Erick Alls, and the Kayden Proctors

do you know where it actually goes? you should know, but if you don't, I will tell you.

Questions...

A. Why did Dorkman say the $100K comment if he did not verify it first??? Irresponsible reporting.

B. And Brad why did you wait until 7:15am the next day to say he got no NIL and let many in the fan base and writers left to assume he did get money and make posts to that affect on social media??? What end did that serve Brad?

not one penny of what normal fans donate went to Proctor

it's shocking how most people don't know this
The lack of transparency is what is causing the drama...how the deals are constructed terms/conditions. Neither of us know what exactly went down. Did he get 'home sick' before or after the possible $$ offer?

Last edited:
We’d be a lot better off if the NW kids got their way and unionized. Then they’d be getting paid from these ridiculous TV contracts.

Nobody in power did anything, then the Suprene court had to step in, and now it’s the Wild West.
Just for a little while.

Questions...

A. Why did Dorkman say the $100K comment if he did not verify it first??? Irresponsible reporting.

B. And Brad why did you wait until 7:15am the next day to say he got no NIL and let many in the fan base and writers left to assume he did get money and make posts to that affect on social media??? What end did that serve Brad?

A. that's what I was asking yesterday

B. he'd have to answer that; he did tweet some things out last night but probably had a lot of things on his plate

And don't forget; he does this all FOR FREE, during his FREE TIME. He owns a business and has kids. He's the ONLY Hawkeye fan who stepped up to take NIL on.

No way in hell am I ever going to point fingers at that man. Without him, Iowa athletics would be in a world of hurt.

Reactions: HawkInMO
Proctor is a scum human being if he doesn’t return the $. No different then people who scam others with pyramid schemes. He did nothing to earn it and I know a couple of hard working middle class people who donate to the swarm. If I was them I’d be having 2nd thoughts because of crap like this happening to my donations. Cause some young entitled adult (proctor isn’t a kid so no excuse) could rip of the collective i’m donating to. Also Procter just laid out the blue print to the top tier portal entires how they can milk the system if they choose to.

Just a reminder that NOT ONE PENNY of the "normal, middle class" donors' money goes towards acquiring the Cade McNamaras, Erick Alls and Kaydyn Proctors of the world. That money goes to the student athletes on campus who volunteer.

Anything that was paid to Proctor came from the SWARM INC arm, and according to Brad, Proctor did not get much.

Some reporting from this morning:

again, the donations from the "normal" fan do not go towards acquiring the Cade McNamaras, the Erick Alls, and the Kayden Proctors
Not much incentive to donate then, is there?

Also, the Swarm’s marketing has certainly made it seem as though donations from “normal” fans will help us land top talent.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
Not much incentive to donate then, is there?

Also, the Swarm’s marketing has certainly made it seem as though donations from “normal” fans will help us land top talent.

The student athletes who volunteer get paid very well. And that comes from fans' donations.

And that helps Iowa in the recruiting process because prospects know they will be getting paid for at least volunteering.

So, I disagree with you; if fans want to help land top prospects, there is and should be incentive for fans to donate.

A. that's what I was asking yesterday

B. he'd have to answer that; he did tweet some things out last night but probably had a lot of things on his plate

And don't forget; he does this all FOR FREE, during his FREE TIME. He owns a business and has kids. He's the ONLY Hawkeye fan who stepped up to take NIL on.

No way in hell am I ever going to point fingers at that man. Without him, Iowa athletics would be in a world of hurt.
Not faulting him - but he had to know this was bad optics - dont understand the pause in putting that out there. Water under the bridge now...

From another site...about 3.5 hours ago...sounds like maybe he did get some $$$$..disregard if already posted elsewhere on here. Which makes me think Brad paused on saying anything..because of the Inc side got hosed???

FYI from Brad:

I thought I would try to help everybody understand how Swarm is being affected by the evolving KP situation:

1). As most of you know, we have the Collective side (which many of you generously give to), and the Inc side, which corporations contract with student athletes for.

2). KP has not received a penny from the Swarm Collective. This will hopefully help many of you rest easy that your donations have not been “stolen” or misused.

3). KP has received a small percentage of his Swarm Inc allotment, which was paid from a sponsoring business. It remains to be seen if there will be any clawbacks on that money, but I can assure you that there will be no further payments there.

4). Our contracts have language that terminate if a contractor (student athlete) doesn’t live within a small radius of Iowa City. So if/when KP leaves Iowa, the contracts automatically terminate. Regardless, he would have a tough time performing some of the services required of him if he lived in a different state.

5). We have had quite a few cancellations yesterday and already this morning. I hope that people will reconsider and understand that I take the stewardship of their donations very seriously, and I want nothing but the best for Iowa athletics and the Eastern Iowa community.

The last 24 hours has reassured me that the diligence we have done with regards to ensuring these contracts protect us/your money was time well-spent.

Last edited:
This may not work out well for Proctor will see. How can you put you trust in him as a coach or player? I dont know.

I honestly think you're right. The piece of shit didn't have any intention of playing a down of fb for iowa. F you prick
I hope Iowa plays Them before He goes to the draft and Phil calls some extreme line slants to His side
why do you falsely say he got $100,000?

and why do people blindly believe it?

the real problems are the false narratives that are spreading.

the truth?

well, here you go:

Hey Fran take Your boney 140 lb arse and get bent, You run Your mouth to the Gerbils not Me PUSS* , He was reported to have gotten 100K at time I posted , after which time Brad clarified so FO

Disappointing but let’s not call a college kid names. I’m frustrated too but we have no idea what his reasons are. He could be disappointed with the OC hire, he could actually miss Alabama or friends he made there. Maybe he’s getting a bigger bag of cash. None of us have any idea. Hope he figures out what he needs
A 20 year old college kid can be a piece of shit, too. You know how some kids will never buy a beer in Iowa? That dude should never show his face any place but Ames.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
The student athletes who volunteer get paid very well. And that comes from fans' donations.

And that helps Iowa in the recruiting process because prospects know they will be getting paid for at least volunteering.

So, I disagree with you; if fans want to help land top prospects, there is and should be incentive for fans to donate.
Kirk asked fans to donate and “help us compete”.

The perception is if you donate it will bring kids in because they are getting paid.

It already has. Brad said donors started dropping last night and this morning. Kadyn Grifter is the grifter that keeps on giving.
It terrible optics and the donor list already wasn’t where Brad wanted it to be.

At some point he will walk away because this isn’t worth it. He gets no help from former players and had to butt heads with the University when Barta was here.

His statement is a typical rationalization of someone who did a piss poor job of being a good role model for his kid.It was his job as a parent to teach his kid to keep his word and not to quit when he doesn't get his way and look for the easy way out!
That's KP's step dad. His real dad's name is mentioned in the comments below. Not judging, but you can look up both of their respective social media accounts and see a different profile of who is probably in it for the limelight.

I've heard his step dad is a good dude.

Reactions: iowaathletes
His statement is a typical rationalization of someone who did a piss poor job of being a good role model for his kid.It was his job as a parent to teach his kid to keep his word and not to quit when he doesn't get his way and look for the easy way out!
His statement is bullshit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT