ADVERTISEMENT

Rumorville

But he chose to come anyway. He didn't have to, he chose to. I just don't see that somehow he was blindsided or surprised by something that completely changed him from "I'm coming home...I love Iowa..I'm gonna play with my boy X" to f-it, back to Alabama.
Yea. Maybe it was more the uncertainty at Alabama. And he was getting good feedback from his boys in Tuscaloosa about the new staff. And he was like, “Screw it.” 🤷‍♂️

What the phuque do you expect him to say? Goddamned teenaged kids with all the money a fool adult will give them…..with ZERO responsibilities? Geeee, what can possibly go wrong?
I said it tic. Kirk answered publicly as he should. But 100k could have helped land the next great WR or QB or whoever. Swarm isn't a bottomless vessel. Agree on the parameters of this NIL disaster though.

Some of you are way overthinking this. Proctor isn’t transferring because Lester is the OC and I also doubt he intended to screw Iowa from the beginning. Seems like he just went on spring break with his Bama buddies and is easily swayed. Not great character.

Also, from Brad’s tweet, it seems like there are contract stipulations and that he’s smart with the Swarm funds. Unlikely that Proctor is walking off with 100K cash when he didn’t even show up to spring practice

My bet is he saw how things were going with the offense and the talent level or a number of other things. Does anybody really think he came here to mess or screw with Iowa??? He definitely screwed us but I have a hard time believing that was the plan all along. Something had to have happened.
Duuuuddde. This is a CHARACTER ISSUE. I’m 100% convinced he flat out just played Iowa for more money. Again. Dude is doing a legal smash and grab and that’s it.

But he chose to come anyway. I just don't see that somehow he was blindsided or surprised by something so impactful that it completely changed him from "I'm coming home...I love Iowa..I'm gonna play with my boy X" to f-it, back to Alabama.

If I had to guess...it came from home.
It did but sometimes you just gotta be a ****ing man about things.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Some of you are way overthinking this. Proctor isn’t transferring because Lester is the OC and I also doubt he intended to screw Iowa from the beginning. Seems like he just went on spring break with his Bama buddies and is easily swayed. Not great character.

Also, from Brad’s tweet, it seems like there are contract stipulations and that he’s smart with the Swarm funds. Unlikely that Proctor is walking off with 100K cash when he didn’t even show up to spring practice
Not so sure about the second part of your comment. It’s not pay for play so unless he did something egregious I think we’re out that money.

Good Game Handshake GIF by Gaming GIFs
He pulled an 'oliver martin' but actually got paid.

This is why contracts need to be in place. If schools can’t control athletes jumping ship, there at least needs to be financial consequences that he needs to pay back. He at least needs to pay for this semester of school. Not sure how you go a half of a semester and say you already want out. This is a HUGE slap in the face to KF, Barnett, and the entire program.
Also ****ed with recruiting plans x2 now. 🗑️

SWARM better sue Him for the 100k or Brad will have real problems getting donations going forward if a 350 lb goof Thief can commit for 3 weeks and bail with the cash, That is some Paulie Walnuts and the Yard business type crap.
^^^If Proctor keeps the $$$, fundraising for SWARM just got 1000% tougher.

As it should.

Reactions: hawkandroll
Or did he get offered such a huge amount by BAMA that he doesnt need to take what Iowa may have given him? This what it is now for some - to the highest bidder they go....Unfortunate but until better rules are in place this will happen.

This is not the fault of Brad or the Swarm. They are doing their best. If we want to blame a Hawkeye, blame Jordan Bohannon, Gio Baker and Co. for spearheading this entire mess of an NIL system.

how so?

and all of this is rumors; Brad does not disclose the terms of these big deals

I know Dochtermann is reporting he got paid $100,000 but Brad would have had to tell him that and, again, Brad does not disclose this type of info
He should probably start disclosing deals that are made or donations are going to dwindle . People want to know how their money is being spent.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Thought it was former UCLA bball player Ed O’Banaon who started it?
Seems like it was both if I remember right. I don't know if it was Autry for Northwestern but one player in that timeframe started it. I think he was wanting to unionize players.

I believe it was a Northwestern football player years ago that started all this BS.
There was some uconn player complaining about not being able to afford food after the NCAA tournament quite awhile ago and it gave everyone the sads.
These poor abused players pulling in excess of $400k for 4 years are truly victims. Watch the scholarships in other sports being pulled and we'll see how much sympathy there is. If some people saw the bills just to feed these kids they'd be shocked. They aren't eating dorm food anymore.

“This is home. I love home,” Proctor said then. “This is where I wanted to be." - Not so much I guess

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT