ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers defeats Neb

minnhawkeye

HR All-American
Oct 20, 2006
On cretia 17-16 . The guy that made Brooks look bad beat Dudley 3-2 .
Can't let that guy get his legs in. He rode Dudley whole 2nd period won
on riding time. Then Smith the heavy won 8-2.

Rutgers came to Carver and got put to bed without supper.
They came out and beat a tough Nebbie team and looked like they wrestled with a chip on their shoulder.
I really really liked seeing them celebrate as a team in their team huddle at the end when it was announced that they had won the duel.
Rarely you see teams celebrate like that together in wrestling.
I'd like to see more of that and more of Rutgers on the uptick. I think they have a good thing going over their in Jersey.

Rutgers came to Carver and got put to bed without supper.
They came out and beat a tough Nebbie team and looked like they wrestled with a chip on their shoulder.
I really really liked seeing them celebrate as a team in their team huddle at the end when it was announced that they had won the duel.
Rarely you see teams celebrate like that together in wrestling.
I'd like to see more of that and more of Rutgers on the uptick. I think they have a good thing going over their in Jersey.

When you think of the elite talent that New Jersey has produced (Burroughs, Caldwell, Green, Surriano, Molinaro,etc) if they ever got a coach dynamic enough to keep that talent and recruit better nationally, they could seriously contend for national championships. Ashnault is a good start.

When you think of the elite talent that New Jersey has produced (Burroughs, Caldwell, Green, Surriano, Molinaro,etc) if they ever got a coach dynamic enough to keep that talent and recruit better nationally, they could seriously contend for national championships. Ashnault is a good start.

You used "elite" and Molinaro in the same sentence...hahahahahahaha

Agree 100%.

Reactions: lionlover
Frank was a 4 time AA and a champ. I don't know if that's elite but I'll take it.
Fair enough. I could have stated my point better. All I was trying to say is that NJ has organically produced enough wrestling talent that they could legitimately compete for national championships if they could keep that talent home and recruit well nationally.

Also Ethan Ramos, David McFadden, Joey McKenna, Johny Sebastian -- the list is pretty long. The problem is Rutgers is just not an attractive campus. It's spread-out, disjointed, and doesn't have a true campus feel. And it's not like you can be in Manhattan in just a few seconds. It's hard for me to imagine even local kids being too impressed with a Rutgers visit. Right now most of the top talent is either angling for an Ivy League placement, or looks to PSU as the Holy Grail.

Reactions: lionlover
I can't find the link , but Rutgers incoming recruiting class was ranked in the Top 5, I think by Win Magazine, maybe another, I'll try to find it. And the New Brunswick, Piscataway campuses have gone through dramatic rebuilding the past 5 years, anyone who hasn't been there recently, will be pleasantly surprised.
Getting to Mid town NYC is a 45 minute easy train ride, with many, many trains. Buses another cheap option. Any wrestlers wishing to work on Wall St (stocks, bonds, trading, financing, banking) or Madison Ave (advertising) there is no better place in the world to be .
Philadelphia 1 hour South , also an easy train ride.

I can't find the link , but Rutgers incoming recruiting class was ranked in the Top 5, I think by Win Magazine, maybe another, I'll try to find it. And the New Brunswick, Piscataway campuses have gone through dramatic rebuilding the past 5 years, anyone who hasn't been there recently, will be pleasantly surprised.
Getting to Mid town NYC is a 45 minute easy train ride, with many, many trains. Buses another cheap option. Any wrestlers wishing to work on Wall St (stocks, bonds, trading, financing, banking) or Madison Ave (advertising) there is no better place in the world to be .
Philadelphia 1 hour South , also an easy train ride.
2015? D1 College Wrestling doesn't even have them in the top 20.

http://d1collegewrestling.net/Recruiting_Front.html

This years juniors then?

Not that I'm doubting you, I am just curious who's coming in.

I still can't find that Win Mag list , but here is who RU has coming in :
120 pounds
RANK WRESTLER SCHOOL STATE CLASS COLLEGE PREV
1 Jack Mueller Trinity Christian Academy TX Senior Virginia 1
2 Justin Mejia Clovis CA Junior Iowa 2
3 Ty Agaisse Delbarton NJ Senior Princeton 3
4 Brandon Paetzell Phillipsburg NJ Senior Rutgers 4

126 pounds
8 Alex Mackall Walsh Jesuit OH Senior Rutgers 9

138pounds
14 Michael Van Brill Clearview NJ Senior Rutgers 17

170 pounds
8 Joe Grello Bergen Catholic NJ Senior Rutgers 8

182 pounds
13 Brett Donner Wall Township NJ Senior Rutgers 14

195 pounds
7 Kevin Mulligan Bergen Catholic NJ Senior Rutgers 7

220 pounds
5 Matt Correnti Holy Cross NJ Senior Rutgers 5

So in summary 5 in top 10 in nation incoming next season, 2 more ranked within top 20. I used Flo Wrestling as I look at their site the most.

That would be the recruiting class of 2015-2016 if they are all seniors this year.

WIN’S 2015-16 Early-Season Recruiting Rankings

The following are the top eight schools in WIN’s Early-Season Recruiting Rankings. The remaining Top 25 schools and a more detailed look at these school’s early-season recruiting classes can be found in the Dec. 7, 2015 WIN Magazine (V22I2). Click here to subscribe to WIN and view this story.

Rk School
1. Penn State
2. North Carolina State
3. Rutgers
4. Lehigh
5. Nebraska
6. Iowa
7. Oklahoma State
8. Purdue
http://www.win-magazine.com/v2/2015/12/nittany-lions-early-recruiting-class-ranked-no-1/
http://www.win-magazine.com/v2/2015/12/nittany-lions-early-recruiting-class-ranked-no-1/

That's a good class, but I guess I'm kind of confused at how they might be ranked top 5. Just looking at Iowa's class, we have 3 top 40 overall (2 in the top 20)

*EDIT*

I was looking at the class of 2017 only, as that was what I thought you were referring to.

That's a good class, but I guess I'm kind of confused at how they might be ranked top 5. Just looking at Iowa's class, we have 3 top 40 overall (2 in the top 20)

*EDIT*

I was looking at the class of 2017 only, as that was what I thought you were referring to.

I'm not quite sure either, this is Win's Early rankings (I think in mid Nov), maybe things changed a lot in a month? Or different services rank differently. Anyway , my point was to Artradley , who said RU can't recruit well because of the Campus driving kids out of state, well that's not true. Also , in 2008 I think Rutgers had a top 10 class. Also Princeton and Rider have top 20 teams now as well. Princeton is kind of hard to get into though, lol. Rider, not so much.

Reactions: TailgateTom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT