ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Brownlee- Please pray.

MVPFAN

HR Legend
Mar 10, 2003
It sounds like Sam is facing a very serious health issue that could use some prayer.

Hope things go well for him. Still hard to believe Iowa split the conference title that year with literally no running game.

I don’t think it was meant as an insult. I took it as a fifth-string walk-on RB gets thrown into a starting roll, took a beating by Big Ten defenses on the way to a Big Ten Title. Sam is tough as nails.

Yeah, you'd have to stretch pretty hard to take that as an insult and not a compliment. Odd accusation.

Get well Sam!

Wrong time for a thinly veiled cheap shot. Shame on you. I'm sure you could have done better. Prayers sent for Sam. Once a Hawk...

How was that a "thinly veiled cheap shot"?!?! I was referring to the fact that he played running back when we were dealing with injuries all over the team and working with guys deep down the depth chart. He got hit hard week after week, and yet kept coming back for more. Dude was rock solid and tough, but you go ahead and read what I said however you want. I guess I didn't word it letter-perfect, but cheap shot it sure as hell wasn't, and I'll pass on the "shame" you're casting on me.

Hoping for the best, Sam. Fight like hell as I know you will. You'll be in my thoughts

Reactions: EBL#7
How was that a "thinly veiled cheap shot"?!?! I was referring to the fact that he played running back when we were dealing with injuries all over the team and working with guys deep down the depth chart. He got hit hard week after week, and yet kept coming back for more. Dude was rock solid and tough, but you go ahead and read what I said however you want. I guess I didn't word it letter-perfect, but cheap shot it sure as hell wasn't, and I'll pass on the "shame" you're casting on me.
I think any sane person took it exactly the way it was meant - tough kid who laid it on the line when the Hawks needed him to do so and you wish him well. Pretty sure you must have "offended" the poster on a recent topic.

This isn't about you, it is perfectly acceptable to just say, " I am thinking about Sam and his family.".
Was unnecessary but asking non believers to pray is ridiculous when there are so many, OP could have worded title better but I'm glad he brought it to our attention. Thoughts are with Sam and family, hopefully he's got the best doctors in his corner. Great hawk

Praying for SB

a1243aa4-20c4-4591-b3d5-2def2845d815-dmrdc5-5c1c50kgdfap7wc9azz_original.jpg

Dang. I just saw a video last week with him reminiscing about the 6-4 win at PSU. He was the starting RB for that epic defensive battle.

I’m not sure when it was produced.

I remember the 2004 game in Kinnick when the Hawks walloped the Buckeyes. If I recall correctly Sam had a carry for about 13 yards, likely a career long! That fall he lived the dream.

Thoughts and prayers Sam, and thanks for the memories.

Reactions: 24 so far
I think any sane person took it exactly the way it was meant - tough kid who laid it on the line when the Hawks needed him to do so and you wish him well. Pretty sure you must have "offended" the poster on a recent topic.
Kind of like some of the Paki bomb stuff. Kid did nothing but show up everyday with his lunch pail and give 100% and loved being a Hawk...

Was unnecessary but asking non believers to pray is ridiculous when there are so many, OP could have worded title better but I'm glad he brought it to our attention. Thoughts are with Sam and family, hopefully he's got the best doctors in his corner. Great hawk
I don’t see where OP asked non believers specifically to pray. Just as easy to put Sam in your thoughts.

I didn't really care about the prayer comment as much as maybe just swallow your need to criticize and comment and just extend your well wishes. I don't care if you say prayer or send thoughts but maybe this thread is about Sam and wanting him to be well. Yes, I realize there is some hypocrisy in my pointing that out but let's just wish Sam to have good news and not make snide comments about whether you pray. Things are bigger than us and there is nothing wrong with

Wrong time for a thinly veiled cheap shot. Shame on you. I'm sure you could have done better. Prayers sent for Sam. Once a Hawk...
Our OL was really shaky for a big hunk of that season. I wouldn't say that was a cheap shot at all ... at least, not at Sam. One could easily interpret the "abuse" as coming as a result of the fact that our OL didn't permit much more than a 1-dimensional O. And, since we're a play-action team ... Sam had to still run down the throats of our opponents anyhow ... otherwise we could sell our bread and butter.

Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
Dang. I just saw a video last week with him reminiscing about the 6-4 win at PSU. He was the starting RB for that epic defensive battle.

I’m not sure when it was produced.

I think it was 2014. Eddie Hinkel already looked like he was 50 then.

That said, I am hoping and praying for a swift and complete recovery. 2020 is almost over - let’s get 2021 started off on the right foot.

thanks for that. Maybe I’ve read too many posts saying a player “got abused” as a euphemism for “played poorly” and translated that to your post incorrectly. I understand your comment now. I may have gotten a little defensive. Sorry bout that.

Any idea what Sam’s battling? I know him through friends. Always a great guy any time I interacted with him.

FFS. If you're a non believer just ignore the connotation or ignore the thread. Believe it or not, there is no such right for you not to be offended.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT