ADVERTISEMENT

Same old dog shit offense.

th
Pathetic

What is going on here. I’m not use to our OC making halftime adjustments. Im gladly eating crow after how I felt and saw after first half.
I'm not sure we adjusted much, just better execution and pace. Mac had Luke for an easy TD in the 1st and just underthrew the ball. He was WAY sharper in the 3rd Quarter. I'm sure many here wanted him pulled after the first quarter. Solid job by Mac righting himself and the offense. On the Clone week....

I get you and I agree but sometimes you have to wait to hold back before the judge, jury come out… I was on your bandwagon but had a tiny bit of faith they would sort things out just because I saw some bright spots in the first half but generally you would be correct more often then others
Lolol, we all know thats not how it goes on this board. Football, basketball, the game threads are like nails on a chalkboard everytime something goes awry..

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
How about a few creative pass plays to make the defense pay the price for selling out to stop the run?
How about some misdirection or a QB rollout?

I don’t want to watch another year of opposing LBs racing toward the LOS to stuff the run totally unconcerned about a receiver assignment.

In fairness to all of us upset at half we aren’t use to our OC making halftime adjustments.
That is actually a very good point

putting Caleb in was a good move. He ran north and south and he hit the hole quick . The line actually looked better second half . Maybe a good a$$ chewing at half was what they needed ?

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
putting Caleb in was a good move. He ran north and south and he hit the hole quick . The line actually looked better second half . Maybe a good a$$ chewing at half was what they needed ?
I think we will need to use the pass and attacking the edge to set up the run. We have to make teams pay for stacking the box, and doing what the defense wants us to do is recipe for disaster (first half).

If you watch “Shanahan offenses”, they put constant stress on the edges, and use that to open up the interior. Not the other way around.

Credit where credit is due. Second half was WAY better. But the first half is still a bit concerning. I like these WRs. TEs were good. RBs were fine once they had space,it was especially nice to see KJ break a long one. Cade looked a lot better in the second half, but could still be a little sharper. Was nice to see him run around and evade a couple sacks too

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I think we will need to use the pass and attacking the edge to set up the run. We have to make teams pay for stacking the box, and doing what the defense wants us to do is recipe for disaster (first half).

If you watch “Shanahan offenses”, they put constant stress on the edges, and use that to open up the interior. Not the other way around.
Thought we did a lot more of that in 2nd half

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Credit where credit is due. Second half was WAY better. But the first half is still a bit concerning. I like these WRs. TEs were good. RBs were fine once they had space,it was especially nice to see KJ break a long one. Cade looked a lot better in the second half, but could still be a little sharper. Was nice to see him run around and evade a couple sacks too
Eh...let's give them a half of play at full speed and call it "figuring it out". Hopefully the second half was more of what we will see the rest of the year.

It seems like Kirk has a playbook and whoever is the offensive coordinator is getting to use that for their system. The only thing they control is which of the plays are called and when.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
No patience man. I think Lester played it very basic in the first half.

It was only the first part of the first game when you posted this
I think what they did was learn about the defense and found the holes in it. I expect we might get off to a faster start as the season goes on, for one because our guys are going to get better, but also because there will be more tape on defenses for our offense to study in game prep.

It seems like Kirk has a playbook and whoever is the offensive coordinator is getting to use that for their system. The only thing they control is which of the plays are called and when.
I honestly don't know how anyone could watch the game and think this.
1. The TE sideline motion was new.
2. Brian liked fade routes. No fades were thrown this game.
3. My recollection is that third down routes were past the sticks.
4. The RB toss to Kaleb was virtually abandoned last year. It was a staple the second half.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
I thought…..
Iowa was the much BIGGER and more physical team today….
Iowa had a couple of really nasty calls against them in the 1st half at crucial times….\
The offense must have heard DiNardo rip them at halftime…
The offense did much better in the second half…much more consistent….
Fans need to remember that Great Danes are not born from Pekingese….If Iowa can get an offense in the 60-85 range, be thankful…..they should be a better team than last season simply because they can control the ball better than the past couple of seasons…..
Today could have been worse…..I have seen much worse (last season, FXL years)….perhaps the glass is half full!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT