ADVERTISEMENT

Satanic Chaplains in Florida Schools... The unintended consequence of DeSantis's budding theocracy

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
They're recognized as a tax exempt church. DeSantis will lose this battle. He doesn't get to choose who is a church and who isn't. More taxpayer money down the drain...

DeSantis: Satanic Temple Cannot Participate In New Program Placing Chaplains In Florida Public Schools​

April 18, 2024 Religion, Republicans

The Tallahassee Democrat reports:
Satanic Temple members are planning on taking advantage of a bill Gov. Ron DeSantis signed Thursday that allows volunteer chaplains to provide support services for public K-12 students. But DeSantis says that’s not going to happen.
“Some have said that if you do a school chaplain program, that somehow you’re going to have Satanists running around in all our schools,” he said at a press conference at a high school in Kissimmee. “We’re not playing those games in Florida,” DeSantis continued. “That is not a religion. That is not qualifying to be able to participate in this.”
If such a restriction occurs, it’s likely to result in a First Amendment fight in the courts. The Satanic Temple, which the IRS recognizes as a tax-exempt church, told the USA TODAY NETWORK-Florida earlier in the year that it would put school chaplains in Florida if the bill became law.
Read the full article.

There is a reason the founding fathers wanted to separate church and state. Good for the Satanic Church for exploiting this and making a point that they get the same opportunity.

It's funny these Christian lawmakers always like to scare people and say there is a danger of left wing America implementing "Sharia Law", but yet they have no problem pushing their Biblical values into their legislation.

"There's some students who need some soulcraft, and that can make all the difference in the world," DeSantis said. "It's totally voluntary for a parent or a student to participate. No one's being forced to do anything. But to exclude religious groups from campus, that is discrimination."

I feel like that might get quoted in the filing…

Reactions: NDallasRuss
People who don't believe anything forcing their views on people that do believe in something. Welcome to the USA in 2024. Smh
Major League Soccer Wtf GIF by Houston Dynamo

Football Wtf GIF by New Orleans Saints

Football Reaction GIF by Olympique de Marseille

People meeting with a chaplain if they so choose does not force anything on anyone. If it was me I'd let the Satanists in too. All they want is attention. Ignore them and leave them be. They don't believe in anything except **** everybody else that might believe in something and "look at me!" **** them.

People meeting with a chaplain if they so choose does not force anything on anyone. If it was me I'd let the Satanists in too. All they want is attention. Ignore them and leave them be. They don't believe in anything except **** everybody else that might believe in something and "look at me!" **** them.
You just perfectly described all religions and why I agree with you.

People who don't believe anything forcing their views on people that do believe in something. Welcome to the USA in 2024. Smh
See now, I completely disagree with your take on this. First of all they're taking advantage of an opportunity that was given to them by the State of Florida, they're not "forcing" anything on anyone. Furthermore, Satanic Temple members believe in a lot of things and they actually practice what they preach, here's their 7 Tenets (i.e. beliefs):

I
One should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason.
II
The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
III
One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
IV
The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own.
V
Beliefs should conform to one's best scientific understanding of the world. One should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit one's beliefs.
VI
People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one's best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.
VII
Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

Considering how poorly so many self identified Christians behave these days, if I were forced to choose adherence to a particular religion, then I will choose their version of Satanism over today's Christianity every single time.

Also, I ROFL every time DeSantis tries to talk tough and authoritatively about a subject he should be an expert in but he's completely on the wrong side of the law here. If and when this issue gets settled in the courts, DeSantis/State will lose. Shouldn't we expect better from a Harvard law grad? It seems his diploma isn't worth the paper it was printed on.

Last edited:
See now, I completely disagree with your take on this. First of all they're taking advantage of an opportunity that was given to them by the State of Florida, they're not "forcing" anything on anyone. Furthermore, Satanic Temple members believe in a lot of things and they actually practice what they preach, here's their 7 Tenets (i.e. beliefs):

I
One should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason.
II
The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
III
IV
The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own.
V
Beliefs should conform to one's best scientific understanding of the world. One should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit one's beliefs.
VI
People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one's best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.
VII
Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

Considering how poorly so many self identified Christians behave these days, if I were forced to choose adherence to a particular religion, then I will choose their version of Satanism over today's Christianity every single time.

Also, I ROFL every time DeSantis tries to talk tough and authoritatively about a subject he should be an expert in but he's completely on the wrong side of the law here. If and when this issue gets settled in the courts, DeSantis/State will lose. Shouldn't we expect better from a Harvard law grad? It seems his diploma isn't worth the paper it was printed on.
Word!

• Haha
Reactions: SoProudNole

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII

That would be believable if their very name wasn't just a ruse to get a rise out of people. Their very existence is only to get a reaction from people that believe in God.

I'm pretty sure Desantis knows what he's doing, and is aware it'll get shot down. He doesn't care about that end result nearly as much as buying the ability to say to his gullible voters "See - I'm with you and I'm doing everything I can!" knowing that it won't stick. It won't matter - just the effort he can show.

Same with the legislators that put up gun laws that they know either won't pass, or will get shot down by a court. They can still point to the effort, even if they knew all along it was BS.

That would be believable if their very name wasn't just a ruse to get a rise out of people. Their very existence is only to get a reaction from people that believe in God.
I don't think it's people who "believe in God" as much as it's to point out the hypocrisy of people who want to inject God - but ONLY their version of God. - into things where religion doesn't need to be present, or where the presence of one religion and not others wouldn't be fair to everyone.

Separation should be easy. But as soon as you let one religion in, the door is kicked open.

It's baffling to me how Christians don't understand this concept. It's all fine and dandy when it's your brand of religion at the top. For arguments sake, let's say Islam starts overtaking Christianity as the majority religion and they start getting pushed out. They would absolutely lose their shit if that started to happen, but are too damn stupid to understand that they caused the situation to allow for it.

They're recognized as a tax exempt church. DeSantis will lose this battle. He doesn't get to choose who is a church and who isn't. More taxpayer money down the drain...

DeSantis: Satanic Temple Cannot Participate In New Program Placing Chaplains In Florida Public Schools​

April 18, 2024 Religion, Republicans

The Tallahassee Democrat reports:

Read the full article.
Desantis is a dumb shit, culture warrior that will never learn. Don’t fvck with the first amendment.

Reactions: Tom Paris
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT