ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday Nothing Burger

That made it pretty much unanimous.

Seriously, I don't see the horribility in this story. Happens all the time. Does the story reveal something about donations or spying or something similarly illegal? Serious question.

Did you pay attention to the WH's stance on a ME ally - Qatar - vs. Saudi Arabia? And how that now makes perfect sense in "extorting investments from them"?

Just how naive are you?

Reactions: Torg and THE_DEVIL

...and then he got a "loan"....

It's like a "connect the dots" puzzle, for a 2 year old
012-connect-dots-printables.gif

"I literally have NO IDEA what this could be" - Lone Clone

Why did Russia think Hillary should not be President?
Hillary was understood to be strongly anti-Russia. Her role and position in the Ukraine coup was documented in releases by Wikileaks. That's just the obvious example of why Hillary would make Putin nervous.

Hillary also worked hard to bring down energy prices - reducing the value of Russia's main exports.

Hillary's positions in the Middle East could be viewed as an effort to reduce Russian power and flexibility in that region. Syria being Russia's only client state, and the only place in the Mediterranean where Russia had a guaranteed port.

And so on.

Hillary was understood to be strongly anti-Russia. Her role and position in the Ukraine coup was documented in releases by Wikileaks. That's just the obvious example of why Hillary would make Putin nervous.

Hillary also worked hard to bring down energy prices - reducing the value of Russia's main exports.

Hillary's positions in the Middle East could be viewed as an effort to reduce Russian power and flexibility in that region. Syria being Russia's only client state, and the only place in the Mediterranean where Russia had a guaranteed port.

And so on.

And, Putin doesn't like women.

Why did Russia think Hillary should not be President?

It’s about money and it was clear Trump could be bought. The Rosneft deal was the topic at Trump tower and there have been several moves by the Trump WH that has driven up oil prices.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
That made it pretty much unanimous.

Seriously, I don't see the horribility in this story. Happens all the time. Does the story reveal something about donations or spying or something similarly illegal? Serious question.

Trump only wants you to believe this happens all the time -

(a) ProhibitionIt shall be unlawful for—
foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make—
(A)
a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;
(B)
a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or
(C)
an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or

Trump only wants you to believe this happens all the time -

(a) ProhibitionIt shall be unlawful for—
foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make—
(A)
a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;
(B)
a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or
(C)
an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or

Yeahbut.....Hillary PAID Fusion GPS for some research, so it's the "same thing".;)

Did you pay attention to the WH's stance on a ME ally - Qatar - vs. Saudi Arabia? And how that now makes perfect sense in "extorting investments from them"?

Just how naive are you?
I'm not paranoid. And I'm not demented on the subject of Trump. So we aren't going to see some things the same way.

Reactions: unIowa
And one of the worst days when Pence becomes president. I guess that would just make it a day in America.

Pence is light years ahead of Trump.

Trump is deranged.

Pence scares me WAY more. He seems to be more of a hawk than the blowhard and I think he would probably get stuff done as he seems to be educated and motivated (two things that Trump is not).

Reactions: Torg and Moral
Pence scares me WAY more. He seems to be more of a hawk than the blowhard and I think he would probably get stuff done as he seems to be educated and motivated (two things that Trump is not).

I gotta disagree there. I don't see any evidence that Pence (or any other mainstream politician) is a sociopath.

We see that evidence with Trump every day. (Read his Twitter)

Saudi Arabia? The country where multiple terrorists were from that were responsible for 9/11? Now we know why they weren't on the Muslim Ban list.

Reactions: Torg
Saudi Arabia? The country where multiple terrorists were from that were responsible for 9/11? Now we know why they weren't on the Muslim Ban list.

17 of 19 if you include those from the UAE.

I gotta disagree there. I don't see any evidence that Pence (or any other mainstream politician) is a sociopath.

We see that evidence with Trump every day. (Read his Twitter)
Pence rarely (if ever) disagrees with Trump. And his medieval views of women are arguably even worse than Trump's. He lies about climate change, just like most Republicans. He favors policies that disenfranchise voters and give power to corporations over workers.

Sounds pretty sociopathic to me.

Reactions: srams21
Pence rarely (if ever) disagrees with Trump. And his medieval views of women are arguably even worse than Trump's. He lies about climate change, just like most Republicans. He favors policies that disenfranchise voters and give power to corporations over workers.

Sounds pretty sociopathic to me.

Trump has sexually assaulted dozens of women. He's on his own level.

I know you don't agree with Pence's politics, but at least try to be objective here.

TIA.

Trump has sexually assaulted dozens of women. He's on his own level.

I know you don't agree with Pence's politics, but at least try to be objective here.

TIA.
Pence is better than Trump on some things. But that's a frighteningly low bar. It in no way means that Pence is not a dangerous sociopath.

Mike Pence
Better Than
Pol Pot

See what I mean. Just being better than Trump on sexual assaults - or better than Pol Pot in my jesting example - is not good enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT