ADVERTISEMENT

Say something nice about a Trump voter

I'm friends with a couple and they're good people. Don't agree with them voting for Trump but I don't make friends based on a persons politics.

(full disclosure: I did disassociate with a long time friend based partially on their Trump is Jesus weirdness. Just became too much, along with other things)

"Trump voter" is not necessarily the same thing as a "Trump supporter." Perhaps the guy down the street sees how bad both parties are and chooses what he sees as the lesser of two evils.
You say he takes care of his lawn and does the edging so he clearly cares about his community. He doesn't have trucknuts, so he is demonstrating at least the minimum amount of dignity. Maybe you could meet him halfway and not prejudge him.

"Trump voter" is not necessarily the same thing as a "Trump supporter." Perhaps the guy down the street sees how bad both parties are and chooses what he sees as the lesser of two evils.
You say he takes care of his lawn and does the edging so he clearly cares about his community. He doesn't have trucknuts, so he is demonstrating at least the minimum amount of dignity. Maybe you could meet him halfway and not prejudge him.

I was trying to keep it on topic and say something nice, so I’d don’t mention the Trump and Brandon signs in his well manicured lawn. :(

• Haha
Reactions: torbee
There are a lot of "Trump supporters" that fall in this category.

So….say something nice about them. Ya know, what this thread is about!
When I moved to Florida from Germany one of those friends let me stay at his house, let me use his 5th wheel trailer (avatar pic) for 4 months while I looked for a place to live and awaited my wifes "green card" approval. I'll always owe him for that. Great friend.

Reactions: goldmom and Hawki97
GOJgwO4bIAE6bkA

(full disclosure: I did disassociate with a long time friend based partially on their Trump is Jesus weirdness. Just became too much, along with other things)

Luckily he’s just an acquaintance but I’ve done the same with him - he’s so far gone he follows Trump around and was there on 1/6 but was smart (or lucky) enough to stay out on the lawn.

I don’t associate with him at all anymore but to the point of this thread, he owns a small business and regularly runs promotions where he donates money made to local boys and girls clubs. And yes, he actually gives them the money unlike some charities that can no longer be charities and shall not be named on this thread.

Luckily he’s just an acquaintance but I’ve down the same with him - he’s so far gone he follows Trump around and was there on 1/6 but was smart (or lucky) enough to stay out on the lawn.

I don’t associate with him at all anymore but to the pint of this thread, he owns a small business and regularly runs promotions where he donates money made to local boys and girls clubs. And yes, he actually gives them the money.
I think the thing is on this board and on social media we tend to vilify the other side. "Those people are scum and we're good".

It's more nuanced than that.

We have a two party system....not exactly a plethora of choices. I think the majority of folks are left with a "lesser of two evils" choice. Peoples priority "hierarchy" is different.

80M? people voted for Trump in 2020. Asserting that they're all brainwashed MAGA Trumptards is asinine IMO.

In light of Nikki’s announcement, I thought it would be nice to look at the good in these people. There’s a guy down the street who’s a Trumper. He keeps his lawn nicely manicured. Edges the walks and everything. He also does not hang balls from the hitch of his truck.

Watcha got?
Speaking of balls, we’re not ball-less shut ins like you talking trash to a keyboard all day.

Got my Jeep hung up pretty badly on a obstacle in Palo Duro Canyon. The guy who got me out was a Trump Supporter (per his bumper sticker). Super great guy. Took meticulous time not to damage my Jeep, we had some great conversations afterwards. I'm finding more and more the offroad community are made up of Trump supporters.

I was trying to keep it on topic and say something nice, so I’d don’t mention the Trump and Brandon signs in his well manicured lawn. :(
I’m getting the feeling you’re the one with your car parked in the crabgrass next to your house? The jealousy of your neighbor’s pride in ownership is glowing….maybe negotiate with your landlord for a carport to make you feel better about yourself?

Got my Jeep hung up pretty badly on a obstacle in Palo Duro Canyon. The guy who got me out was a Trump Supporter (per his bumper sticker). Super great guy. Took meticulous time not to damage my Jeep, we had some great conversations afterwards. I'm finding more and more the offroad community are made up of Trump supporters.

Many of my hobbies take me to the far-flung lands of the west. Legit country folk. A lot of side by sides with Trump flags on them. They’re often very helpful whether it be something as simple as directions or more out of the way like a busted fork on a mountain bike that requires a ride back in to town.

When you live in an area as red as I do, people will vote for the R behind the name without much thought. They are mostly good people who have been convinced that, despite Trump’s amoral character, he is better than anyone the democrats would offer. The mental gymnastics they go through to defend that thought process amazes me.

200w.gif

Thanks for reminding me, the Trumper down the road doesn’t steal valor and pretend he’s a marine on the internet. That makes him a better dude than some.
Even if I did those things, I'd still be 8 rungs above you on the humanity ladder.....except here in your little safe space surrounded by like fairies and grifters.

When you live in an area as red as I do, people will vote for the R behind the name without much thought. They are mostly good people who have been convinced that, despite Trump’s amoral character, he is better than anyone the democrats would offer. The mental gymnastics they go through to defend that thought process amazes me.

It truly is a paradox. But I do appreciate the guy keeping his lawn nice and not parking a car in it on blocks!

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Wasn't there some moronic party last time out with a slogan that said, "Vote blue no matter who?" Maybe it's still around since the house plant you elected looks like its going to be completely dormant by November. 🤡 💩

I’m getting the feeling you’re the one with your car parked in the crabgrass next to your house? The jealousy of your neighbor’s pride in ownership is glowing….maybe negotiate with your landlord for a carport to make you feel better about yourself?
so does he have a house with crabgrass or a lazy landlord not doing landscaping?

so does he have a house with crabgrass or a lazy landlord not doing landscaping?
Neither. His lease calls for him to maintain the lawn and remove the snow. Shittiest driveway in the metro last winter and the city billed the landlord for shoveling the sidewalks.

My sister is a big Trump supporter. Otherwise, she's caring person. She know enough to turn off Fox News or Newsmax when I'm around and not bring up politics as I'm not a milquetoast liberal. Give me stuff, I can give it right back. I don't start political conversations.
I think I just wet my pants........

Quite the @Hawki97 fanfic.

7am and our boy was already wired for sound. He's going to have quite the manic episode rage posting all day on his various accounts. You know what they say though, you can't be a little bitch boy all day if you don't start in the morning!

I've made him my little bitch though and I love him. See, I stuck to the rules of the thread and said something nice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT