ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Dochterman likes the Tim Lester hire & the Kyle Shanahan/49'ers Offense that is to come

Surprising to me bc watching live I felt they didn't motion much, but obviously they did. I guess the added motion didn't "stand out" to me like I thought it would have
Yeah, in my mind’s eye, there were multiple shifts and motions on nearly every play. In reality, they just simply ran somebody in motion a lot more often.

I think that’s why it had the perception of not happening that much. I think they just simply ran motion as much as the average team, which is not something we have seen in recent years.

As a Packer fan, this is exactly what I was hoping to see. There will be 1st year ups and downs but finally an offense.

My son loves the Niners / Packers offenses and was downright giddy halfway thru the 2nd quarter.

Lester wanted to cut the 130 offense ranking in half. So far, so good.

32 points/game: Iowa's current scoring average

40 vs IL State
19 vs Iowa State
38 vs Troy
31 vs Minnesota
128 total points scored
=================

Rushing yards:

.......11: 2023, under OC Brian Ferentz
272: 2024, under OC Tim Lester

Rushing yards:

That minny game last year was just a giant cluster F all game. It was the most frustrating game I've ever watched at kinnick. A complete clown show on offense, QB play and refs

Surprising to me bc watching live I felt they didn't motion much, but obviously they did. I guess the added motion didn't "stand out" to me like I thought it would have
I noticed Iowa was motioning Gill from side to side, and then back to his original side before the snap. I think that had the Goophers LBs and DBs running away from the point of attack when the ball was snapped.

Going to break my own rule and mention Brian Ferentz. I don't think Brian even considered the idea that more motion would make the offense a little less predictable. Of course, more motion would have probably have just confused Deacon and led to more interceptions.

I noticed Iowa was motioning Gill from side to side, and then back to his original side before the snap. I think that had the Goophers LBs and DBs running away from the point of attack when the ball was snapped.

Going to break my own rule and mention Brian Ferentz. I don't think Brian even considered the idea that more motion would make the offense a little less predictable. Of course, more motion would have probably have just confused Deacon and led to more interceptions.

It's amazing how simply adding motion has made such a huge difference to the Iowa offense.

Thank God Lester came in and started cleaning up the QB room.

Tim Lester, unlike Brian, seems to be taking what he's got talent-wise and utilizing it to the full capacity.

The offense simply looks better coached, starting with the OL and everyone else assigned to block.

Check this out (11 is not a typo):

Rushing yards vs Minnesota:

Reactions: TRHawkeye145

I think Deacon would have just sat down and cried if there had been motion to the offense.

Reactions: Old Uncle Teddy
The direct link to the 39 minute discussion of the Tim Lester offense, Kaleb Johnson & Iowa/Ohio State is at the end of this post.

Doug used to be a Cleveland.com columnist.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT