ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Dochterman likes the Tim Lester hire & the Kyle Shanahan/49'ers Offense that is to come

I'll be really interested to see, once the season starts, what Lester's preferred personnel package will be. Personally, I'm hoping we'll see alot of 12 personnel. There's so much you can do out of it and keep defenses guessing. You can go power running game since 2 TEs are on the field. You can line up in a balanced look and motion one of the TEs to one side or the other and run strong or weak side. You can line up under center and then move into shotgun and send 4-5 guys out into routes. You can flex both tight ends out wide.

I could never understand what BFs love affair was with the fullback and I could never understand why he was always so in love with a 5 wide look on 3rd and long. He was always zigging when he should have zagged and vice versa.

I think listing 3 WRs in the depth chart was just one indication that there's a lot of changes coming.

GTQtsnzXYAASKKY

Reactions: sober_teacher
Sounded like perhaps a lot of 12 personnel, followed by 11, which mirrors the depth chart. Not much of the 2 RB sets, although in theory we could run some 21 without a FB (two halfbacks) due to our depth and some of that depth being good out of the backfield if not spread out wide at the snap.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Sounded like perhaps a lot of 12 personnel, followed by 11, which mirrors the depth chart. Not much of the 2 RB sets, although in theory we could run some 21 without a FB (two halfbacks) due to our depth and some of that depth being good out of the backfield if not spread out wide at the snap.

I wonder if the offense will get a standing ovation when they do their first unique play that gets yardage (similar to what Hayden got when his first Iowa offense lined up)

That'll be the telltale sign if KF really has given up control of the offense. If we see the FB as a regular rotational guy, it's still KF. If not, then he really has relinquished to Lester.
Not at all.

Lester has said 22 personnel is something he's enjoyed using in the past

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT