ADVERTISEMENT

Scottie Scheffler thrown in cuffs on his way to PGA Round 2

He should know he's at the gate of the club currently hosting a major tournament in his town. He should know players in that tournament were being allowed entrance. He should be able to recognize a clearly marked official tournament car being driven by the player. He should know to pull his head out of his ass and not overreact.
He also should not attach himself to a moving vehicle (which probably should not have been moving, in fairness). That is by far the worst thing he did.

Say he missed his tee time because of this and was DQ'd, do you think my Rory/Scottie top 10 Parlay would be voided?
50/50. He started the tourney so I'm leaning no. If it was day 1 I'd say yes.

Just wondering about the sports betting situation… if dq’d do bettors get their wager back? Did this officer or other officers involved have any wagers against SS?

Too bad it wasn’t Tiger. Then the thread could have been a bajillion pages long.

This was a severe overreaction by the officer, IMO. Players were told they could enter the club. He was in an official car. Players regularly drive around security to gain entrance before the patrons.
It’s dark out and a pedestrian was already killed. The police have to deal with the traffic arriving and modifications to the planned traffic flow for the likely closure of where the accident was.

With the added people (pedestrians) involved because of the accident, I’d imagine the police were going to have minimal, if not zero, tolerance. And if he really “drove around security” at that point?

Reactions: Woodycantjump55
Harrison Butker as attention shifts to Scottie

Hide Hiding GIF

It’s dark out and a pedestrian was already killed. The police have to deal with the traffic arriving and modifications to the planned traffic flow for the likely closure of where the accident was.

With the added people (pedestrians) involved because of the accident, I’d imagine the police were going to have minimal, if not zero, tolerance. And if he really “drove around security” at that point?
They had already allowed other players to go through. He, and other players, had already been permitted to go around the police on the other side of the accident. It's not like Scheffler was the first on the scene.

Now imagine it was Tiger. Probably be another dead black man.

Good thing Scotty had his priv on full display
Hi I’m hydro2.0
This was my attempt to make the dumbest post possible.

He’s so privileged that he didn’t get shot because he was a golfer going to his golfing event.
Do some of you on here intentionally post stupid things or are you really that stupid?

Now Darlington is saying it was difficult to see how the officer "latched" himself to the vehicle and it sounds like he was just grabbing the door handle

Say he missed his tee time because of this and was DQ'd, do you think my Rory/Scottie top 10 Parlay would be voided?

I think you would be screwed. He played round 1. Typical DK.

I got hosed when a player withdrew 3 minutes before lock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT