ADVERTISEMENT

Sealey to PSU…

It’s not a sick joke, unfortunately. He posted on his Instagram that he’s verbally committed. Not cool at all.

Many factors go in to picking a school, but if you’re a top tier mid to upper weight guy, how couldn’t you want to go to PSU? The amount of bodies they have around those weights is insane and we just lost our best in Kemerer.

With Sealey off the board, who’s the next best 74 Iowa can begin to go after? You’ve got PK for the next 4 years at 65, Gabe at 84. Is Riggins going to be the guy for 74?

Reactions: Scruddy
Many factors go in to picking a school, but if you’re a top tier mid to upper weight guy, how couldn’t you want to go to PSU? The amount of bodies they have around those weights is insane and we just lost our best in Kemerer.

With Sealey off the board, who’s the next best 74 Iowa can begin to go after? You’ve got PK for the next 4 years at 65, Gabe at 84. Is Riggins going to be the guy for 74?
74? Sealey is a small 160. He’s a 157 in college. As for our lineup I think PK may move up to 174 before too long.

Not my place . Let the kids be kids

FewTinyHairstreak-max-1mb.gif

74? Sealey is a small 160. He’s a 157 in college. As for our lineup I think PK may move up to 174 before too long.
Agreed. He has gotten horsed a bit in some of his more high profile matches at the weight. Still young and could hit a growth spurt though.

He said himself he wants to wrestle 74kg internationally so I assumed his goals were 65/74 for college.

I don’t know what to think about PK at 74. His length worries me at that weight. He’s still too young to really say this, but he has struggled to finish shots. Would only magnify being a small 74.

Reactions: AFHawk86
So, to the more insidery among us, who's the next target at this weight area? Sealey is a tough loss for us, IMO, because he seemed like a perfect line up and stylistic fit.

So, to the more insidery among us, who's the next target at this weight area? Sealey is a tough loss for us, IMO, because he seemed like a perfect line up and stylistic fit.
If he's a 157 I agree a perfect lineup fit. At 165 there could be overlap with Kennedy.

recent results indicate he might not be as "cant miss" as i once thought, but still would have been a big get for sure.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
Agreed. He has gotten horsed a bit in some of his more high profile matches at the weight. Still young and could hit a growth spurt though.
He is an elite freestyle wrestler but hasn’t dominated folkstyle the same way as he has two recent losses.

Sounds like the hawks weren't in contention for Sealey. His final five were Penn State, Stanford, Lehigh, N. Carolina, and Nebraska

Sounds like the hawks weren't in contention for Sealey. His final five were Penn State, Stanford, Lehigh, N. Carolina, and Nebraska
This is a bit surprising as he took an unofficial to Iowa with Gabe Arnold earlier this year. Does anyone know how hard Iowa went after him?

We had a very short run folks.

Get used to being in second place again.

I hate saying that, but it's the truth.

Cael/PSU are the big dogs. They are basically Alabama for football.

Until something drastically changes, it is what it is.
If we claim to be the best wrestling fans in the country, we need to start showing it with our wallets.

Is there an Iowa Wrestling NIL set up yet? I know the swarm is full go, but wrestling isn’t a part of that. I haven’t donated, but I would for wrestling and basketball specifically.

sometimes i wonder if some of you guys wrestled,i bet tom brands isn't giving up. jesuroga, kueter, arnold, chittum,block, riggins any and all could develope into regular finalist.p.k. ayala. whatever hope they are not hanging around all impressed with carl over at smug u

If we claim to be the best wrestling fans in the country, we need to start showing it with our wallets.

Is there an Iowa Wrestling NIL set up yet? I know the swarm is full go, but wrestling isn’t a part of that. I haven’t donated, but I would for wrestling and basketball specifically.
Wallets were already opened. There’s a $20+ million facility being built.

sometimes i wonder if some of you guys wrestled,i bet tom brands isn't giving up. jesuroga, kueter, arnold, chittum,block, riggins any and all could develope into regular finalist.p.k. ayala. whatever hope they are not hanging around all impressed with carl over at smug u
I am with you on this my friend. We all get what the F*** st $$$$ and corruption has been able to buy. We have been right there with them and took them to the wood shed 2 years in a row prior to last year. It was done then, and can be done again!

IOWA will have the best facility in the country! IOWA has the best and largest fan base in the country. IOWA will have the best women program in the country!

This year we are one key man stepping up for us, or one key man crapping the bed for them away from another title, and many of you throw in the damn towel!?!?!?

Last I saw, Alabama got beat!

Iowa Wrestling won’t have a separate NIL collective. Under the new NIL rules, it makes sense to basically use the HWC as the collective.

Yes, the best wrestling facility in the world is under construction next to Carver, but there’s also an endowment campaign for the HWC underway right now. Donations are already flowing in. The facility is necessary, but the Inner Circle and endowment are the key to getting back on top.

Any Hawk fans who want to join that effort — just drop Chad Beatty an email at chad@hawkeyewrestlingclub.com. Chad is a total rock star and a fantastic dude. He’s doing great work for the HWC. He’ll be happy to give you some guidance and help you figure out the best fit for you.

There’s a place for all of us in this effort, from the Bob Nicolls of the world down to the regular Joes like the rest of us. Don’t hesitate to drop Chad an email. He’ll help get you squared away.

Last edited:
We had a very short run folks.

Get used to being in second place again.

I hate saying that, but it's the truth.

Cael/PSU are the big dogs. They are basically Alabama for football.

Until something drastically changes, it is what it is.
The class we have coming in is arguably number one ranked class. Especially with the kid out of Tennessee that’s taking a gray shirt.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT