ADVERTISEMENT

Sealey to PSU…

We had a very short run folks.

Get used to being in second place again.

I hate saying that, but it's the truth.

Cael/PSU are the big dogs. They are basically Alabama for football.

Until something drastically changes, it is what it is.

This is going to sound weird coming from a Penn State fan but what the hell with the negativity? Iowa is not going away.

galaxy-quest-never.gif

Last edited:
Iowa's recruiting has unfortunately not been at a level that will allow them to win additional team titles any time soon. PSU is using larger caliber ammunition than Iowa.
This is laughable

Look who has strode into IC or agreed to come in the last 13 months. We’ve out recruited everyone.

Line em up for the next 4 to 6 years. Yes, one weight to recruit to. Seals may have fit or maybe not

I believe that last slot will b solved in the next cycle

Does anyone wanna touch Ferrari with a 10 foot pole at this point? He's arguably a better prospect than big brother. No idea if his behavior matches though..

On FLO's Class of 2024 Big Board, Sealey is ranked #1 p4p.

Gee.... who would've predicted Penn St would get him?

Reactions: MVPFAN
sometimes i wonder if some of you guys wrestled,i bet tom brands isn't giving up. jesuroga, kueter, arnold, chittum,block, riggins any and all could develope into regular finalist.p.k. ayala. whatever hope they are not hanging around all impressed with carl over at smug u
Tom can be the most determined guy in the world but as long as we are having to develop guys into contenders vs starting out with one and just polishing them up a bit it's going to be an up hill task.

Over? Did you say the recruiting process is over ? NOTHING is over until we decide it is. Was it over when the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor ? HELL NO !!!!! Where's the Hawkeye Spirit ? Where's the guts? This could be the greatest season of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. Ooh , we're afraid to to go with you, TNT, we might get in trouble. Well kiss my A$$ from now on ! Not Me ! I'm not gonna take this.

Over? Did you say the recruiting process is over ? NOTHING is over until we decide it is. Was it over when the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor ? HELL NO !!!!! Where's the Hawkeye Spirit ? Where's the guts? This could be the greatest season of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. Ooh , we're afraid to to go with you, TNT, we might get in trouble. Well kiss my A$$ from now on ! Not Me ! I'm not gonna take this.
Nice work, Bluto!

This is laughable

Look who has strode into IC or agreed to come in the last 13 months. We’ve out recruited everyone.

Line em up for the next 4 to 6 years. Yes, one weight to recruit to. Seals may have fit or maybe not

I believe that last slot will b solved in the next cycle

I respect the heck out of you Bob but we have not out recruited PSU. Looking at guys comitted or with eligibility left after this season. Kueter is our top ranked guy and it's not even certain he will end up on the mat. Ayala, Jesuroga, Chittum, Arnold and Kennedy are also blue chips and we got Woods for a couple years and Cass has time after this year. The rest of the guys in the fold were not at that tier.

PSU has: Howard, Bartlett, Brooks, Facundo, Kerkvliet, Starocci, Van Ness, Haines, Ryder, Kasak, Sealy, Barr and early verbal Dalton Perry is top 10 in his class. Throw in they have the biggest and deepest club in the country.

I respect the heck out of you Bob but we have not out recruited PSU. Looking at guys comitted or with eligibility left after this season. Kueter is our top ranked guy and it's not even certain he will end up on the mat. Ayala, Jesuroga, Chittum, Arnold and Kennedy are also blue chips and we got Woods for a couple years and Cass has time after this year. The rest of the guys in the fold were not at that tier.

PSU has: Howard, Bartlett, Brooks, Facundo, Kerkvliet, Starocci, Van Ness, Haines, Ryder, Kasak, Sealy, Barr and early verbal Dalton Perry is top 10 in his class. Throw in they have the biggest and deepest club in the country.
He says Sealy may or may not have fit the program. That’s the laughable part, imo. PSU seems to do alright with the number one ranked recruits who might not fit in our program.

I can tell you never wrestled because of your spineless negative outlook....like 90% of the pussies on the football board...get lost.

OMG get off your high horse moron.

I'll just pretend everything is all roses and great.

Have fun living life with your head in the sand.

BTW, keep assuming that I've never wrestled and know nothing about the sport. You have no clue who I am. 😂

Reactions: Reymundo
OMG get off your high horse moron.

I'll just pretend everything is all roses and great.

Have fun living life with your head in the sand.

BTW, keep assuming that I've never wrestled and know nothing about the sport. You have no clue who I am. 😂
We have 4 wrestlers who are legit title contenders. If you're not excited and are ruling us out of contention on Nov 1, then take the year off.

We have 4 wrestlers who are legit title contenders. If you're not excited and are ruling us out of contention on Nov 1, then take the year off.
Four title contenders? We’ll be lucky to have two in finals.

Thanks for the response

I said last 13 months. Half the guys u list were there before that. For us

Ayala
Jesuroga
Teske
Woods
Chittum
Riggins
Arnold
Keuter
Franklin
Hill

There are several others who may surprise us. Just look who walks in next season. That’s the #1 class

We have one weight to address.

Staff have gotten after it. Now they gotta get em to perform. They will

You’re listing names but what have we seen from Howard, Bartlett, Facundo, and Van Ness that says they’re great college wrestlers? They all have college matches and have a combined 1 or 2 wins against an AA.

Thanks for the response

I said last 13 months. Half the guys u list were there before that. For us

Ayala
Jesuroga
Teske
Woods
Chittum
Riggins
Arnold
Keuter
Franklin
Hill

There are several others who may surprise us. Just look who walks in next season. That’s the #1 class

We have one weight to address.

Staff have gotten after it. Now they gotta get em to perform. They will
*Ryder Block

Reactions: Spoons and el dub
Two things can be true: we are set up to compete w/ PSU if the young guys develop into title contenders early (a bugaboo for Iowa lately is a lack of multi-time champs other than Spencer), but also it's surprising and a bummer that we weren't even in Sealey's top 5. Maybe Sealey craps out, very few recruits are guaranteed superstars, but we got a lot of facetime with him and we weren't even in his top 5.

That's ok on an individual recruit; not every recruit is a match with ever top level program personality-wise, and maybe Sealey just didn't feel it at Iowa; overall, Iowa has been recruiting better than in previous years. But it's still a bummer because the kid is a lot of fun stylistically and made a lot of sense for Iowa, IMO.

You’re listing names but what have we seen from Howard, Bartlett, Facundo, and Van Ness that says they’re great college wrestlers? They all have college matches and have a combined 1 or 2 wins against an AA.
There are no guarantees anyone will be a great college wrestler but it's a fact the blue chips pan out at higher rates and the discussion was recruiting.

I am with you on this my friend. We all get what the F*** st $$$$ and corruption has been able to buy. We have been right there with them and took them to the wood shed 2 years in a row prior to last year. It was done then, and can be done again!

IOWA will have the best facility in the country! IOWA has the best and largest fan base in the country. IOWA will have the best women program in the country!

This year we are one key man stepping up for us, or one key man crapping the bed for them away from another title, and many of you throw in the damn towel!?!?!?

Last I saw, Alabama got beat!
Birdie always brings it!!

There are no guarantees anyone will be a great college wrestler but it's a fact the blue chips pan out at higher rates and the discussion was recruiting.
We have a pretty big sample size on Howard, Bartlett, and (to a lesser extent) Facundo that says they're solid but not special at the collegiate level

Does anyone wanna touch Ferrari with a 10 foot pole at this point? He's arguably a better prospect than big brother. No idea if his behavior matches though..
I think many either have forgotten or don't know about some of the big personalities from the 1980's Hawkeyes. One from the east coast and several right here from Iowa to name just a few. They turned out OK.

If Iowa is lacking anywhere as of right now it would be the HWC. The results can't be argued. With that said they brought in a nice class from last year. They have the #1 facility coming up. They have a great freestyler in Lee coming. They've tapped the well for the facility, so the endowment might take a bit. I believe that is the next step. Unfortunately it's a process and one that we are coming from behind on, but definitely moving in the right direction. You ain't overcoming the NLWC overnight. Sounds like Iowa wasn't in Sealey's top 5. Not trying to be egotistical, as you can't with one title in 10 years, but my guess would be he wasn't Iowa's focus. I do hate whenever someone loses someone that is what is said though.

I think many either have forgotten or don't know about some of the big personalities from the 1980's Hawkeyes. One from the east coast and several right here from Iowa to name just a few. They turned out OK.
this reminds me of Ashley Joens the womens bball player….great kid… grew up in IC …great player wanted to be a Hawk but her father was such a distraction it wasn’t worth it to Bluder

She’s on preseason all American watch lists at ISU

still wasn’t worth the drama her Dad brings to the table…… the Brands have shown they’ll try and work through with issues with some athletes but couldn’t imagine they want to deal with this kids dad

and last I knew it hasn’t been the 80’s since 1989 when the internet wasn’t a thing and there weren’t cameras everywhere

Tom’s not into distractions far as I can tell….. all that being said if the young man wound up in IC and toes the line….. Dad behaves I’ll root for him….. he can’t help who his family is

this reminds me of Ashley Joens the womens bball player….great kid… grew up in IC …great player wanted to be a Hawk but her father was such a distraction it wasn’t worth it to Bluder

She’s on preseason all American watch lists at ISU

still wasn’t worth the drama her Dad brings to the table…… the Brands have shown they’ll try and work through with issues with some athletes but couldn’t imagine they want to deal with this kids dad

and last I knew it hasn’t been the 80’s since 1989 when the internet wasn’t a thing and there weren’t cameras everywhere

Tom’s not into distractions far as I can tell….. all that being said if the young man wound up in IC and toes the line….. Dad behaves I’ll root for him….. he can’t help who his family is
Good thing she didn’t end up at one of our rivals.

The class we have coming in is arguably number one ranked class. Especially with the kid out of Tennessee that’s taking a gray shirt.
So with the number one recruiting class if you don’t beat PSU during those kids 5 years will you say that the Brands can’t coach or will you finally admit Cael can? According to most on here Cael and PSU only win because they get the best recruits so since Iowa is now they should replicate Caels results right?

Reactions: PSUer1989
Good thing she didn’t end up at one of our rivals.
It would have been amazing having her with the talent we have….. the coaches didn’t feel like it was worth the distraction

couple years ago he got kicked out if Carver before the game even started. 😂😂

he’s a regular on the IC police blotter….. pretty sad cause his daughters are all great kids from what I understand…… I don’t know the guy but people say he has some good sides too…… probably needs some medications……or a brownie

Reactions: el dub
Back in the day, you could get in a fight and not be considered public enemy number 1. Times have changed and as a society, we have put labels such as toxic masculinity and others on men. The saying "boys will be boys" does not hold water anymore.
The guy from the 80's would be in jail now. I should know, I was one of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT