ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Worlds

I like Taylor in the rematch. Yaz was bound to win one or two in a series of matches. Too good not to but I think Taylor wins the majority.
I'm pulling for him. Just watched a couple of their matches from 2021; DT needed a huge comeback to win the one and couldn't pull of the comeback in the second. Should be entertaining to say the least.

Reactions: so cal hawkfan
Wrestling on the world stage sure has gotten a bit easier without our resident world villains.
Concur, but at the same time I like to see the best in action so would really like Putin to end the insanity and let the world get back to whatever normal is these days. Way over the war in Ukraine for so many reasons.

I like Taylor in the rematch. Yaz was bound to win one or two in a series of matches. Too good not to but I think Taylor wins the majority.
Any info Chief/smalls on why Burroughs and Hall are both listed at 79kg?

lol.

think what you want. cry about it even. while we're watching worlds you can sit in the corner and sulk for all i care.

and to answer your question: math. math is why.

1 country missing from a competition of the entire globe does not equal half. you DO realize we routinely beat/outplace them at several weights, right?

so don't sit there and preemptively downplay the success of anyone (especially thomas gilman) with some off kilter narrative. especially from someone that discovered international wrestling like 5 minutes ago and who has the IQ of a mosquito.

lol.

think what you want. cry about it even. while we're watching worlds you can sit in the corner and sulk for all i care.

1 country missing from a competition of the entire globe does not equal half. you DO realize we routinely beat/outplace them at several weights, right?

so don't sit there and preemptively downplay the success of anyone (especially thomas gilman) with some off kilter narrative. especially from someone that discovered international wrestling like 5 minutes ago and who has the IQ of a mosquito.
Oh shit smalls might be boozing! I miss angry small stomping around this board from time to time!

Oh shit smalls might be boozing! I miss angry small stomping around this board from time to time!
dumb-and-dumber-beer.gif

This year will be like the years Michael Jordan played baseball. The Houston Rockets got a few titles but then MJ came back. Call a spade a spade, Russia not being there makes it a different competition.

This year will be like the years Michael Jordan played baseball. The Houston Rockets got a few titles but then MJ came back. Call a spade a spade, Russia not being there makes it a different competition.
Which strain you be smoking, brah… lol

Sure it does…same with the guys missing last year but 20 years from now, Gilman and Dake are still going to be 2021 World Champs. Same with Streebler in 2016 in a non Olympic wt…also the 1984 guys. A few nerds like us might remember but it doesn’t matter. Gold is gold.

lol.

Ok it’s gonna start getting embarrassing for you a bit, but you asked for it.
Russia has the #1 guy at 57 if not Uguev is top 3 plus 2 others that look to be top 8.
At 61 Russia has the top guy.
At 65k they don’t own the top spot ,but if Rashidov or Abdalaev was there they most likely are top 3.
At 70 they 5-6 of the tip 10 plus the #1 guy from Poland is from Russia.
At 74 maybe you have heard of that guy Sidakov.
79k maybe a bit weak here but they still 2 in the top 8 at least.
86k they don’t have a guy top 2 but have prob 5 in the top 10.
97k #1 P4P in the world. Enough said
125k they have been a bit down at this weight for a while, but they have some young guys that look really good.
I do not support Russia in their communist war effort, the wrestlers do not have anything to do with it.
You can not be that dumb to believe Russia is not the #1 country with the most depth Internationally.
Our top guys are right there with their top guys but not having them there Waters it Down!

Last edited:
You can not be that dumb to believe Russia is not the #1 country with the most depth Internationally.
The Russian Federation could've only entered one wrestler per weight class, so depth is irrelevant.
how is not having the Russians there anything more than 1/2 the worlds best.
to answer your question: math. math is why.
"World's Best" = Champions at a UWW Weight Class

10 = UWW Men's Freestyle world championship weight classes

3 = Russian Federaton 2021 Men's Freestyle Champions

10-3 = 7

7/10 > 1/2

Therefore, more than 1/2 the World's Best will at 2022 UWW Men's Freestyle World Championship.

By similar analysis, the Olympics can be seen as equally watered down, because the weight classes are reduced to 7 from 10. Yet we don't take a proverbial preemptive piss in those proverbial corn flakes, do we?

And so I concluded, like @smalls103 seems to have, that @Grip220 had thrown a proverbial turd into the proverbial punch bowl.

(Hopefully not too pedantic for anyone.)

The Russian Federation could've only entered one wrestler per weight class, so depth is irrelevant.

"World's Best" = Champions at a UWW Weight Class

10 = UWW Men's Freestyle world championship weight classes

3 = Russian Federaton 2021 Men's Freestyle Champions

10-3 = 7

7/10 > 1/2

Therefore, more than 1/2 the World's Best will at 2022 UWW Men's Freestyle World Championship.

By similar analysis, the Olympics can be seen as equally watered down, because the weight classes are reduced to 7 from 10. Yet we don't take a proverbial preemptive piss in those proverbial corn flakes, do we?

And so I concluded, like @smalls103 seems to have, that @Grip220 had thrown a proverbial turd into the proverbial punch bowl.

(Hopefully not too pedantic for anyone.)
Depth is extremely relevant when they could send their #2 or #3 guy and still be a top 3 team you Moran! Heck Dagastan could field a team that would win most tournaments.

Anyhow , I hope our team does well against some of the worlds best. Well 6 out of the 8 anyway, I guess uncle fester is sleeping it off.
He ranks high school kids. He can’t afford to sleep. Something happens to affect rankings every time he closes his eyes.

Reactions: Grip220
let's call it what it is - you're preemptively downplaying worlds this year b/c you hate gilman and want Spencer there.

grow up. Gilman medaled at both tournies last year and damn near beat Uguev. you can try to discredit him (even in advance) all you want but the dude is legit.

let's call it what it is - you're preemptively downplaying worlds this year b/c you hate gilman and want Spencer there.

grow up. Gilman medaled at both tournies last year and damn near beat Uguev. you can try to discredit him (even in advance) all you want but the dude is legit.
Actually once again you are wrong, why don’t you go gather yourself and have a few if you have not already. Your validity is dwindling, you are just bitter because I said flow is better without you.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: vhsalum
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT