ADVERTISEMENT

Shadrick Byrd.

Solid looking D2/fringe FCS kid.
tumblr_lu3wvi8iEc1r2prqw.gif

I'm sure you'll be less salty when Bucky can get more than one guy drafted before round 5. Maybe even have someone taken earlier than round 3. Hang in there, we're pulling for you.
I thought this was a Miny recruit because of op. Didn't notice the Swarm in his highlight. That bumps him up to a solid high 3* that'll go 0-5 vs UW

I thought this was a Miny recruit because of op. Didn't notice the Swarm in his highlight. That bumps him up to a solid high 3* that'll go 0-5 vs UW

It's flattering to be your super bowl. But I agree that KF needs to put more effort into that game than he has been.

That’s a pretty damn impressive video. Kid has very good power, burst, and feet, and good enough long speed. Iowa’s backfield has a lot of talent, someone just needs to emerge from the pack and take control as the lead back.

Considering the competition he was facing in the vid. he looks pretty good. Typical off the rack Ferentz style power back with ~ average speed. From their vids he and Leshon Williams look almost identical to me.
So that's 5 power backs with ~ average speed at best in the stable.
Young, Sargent, Geil, Byrd, L. Williams next year.
That's a lots of guys that are in the same mold for one roster IMO.
IKM somewhat quicker than that group and is a good back overall but I'll predict we see T. Goodson and G. Williams rise to the top fairly quickly at Iowa. I see those two as the future with guys like Byrd adding depth. I'm good however with whoever wins the job as long as the best players are playing.

Reactions: DEREKoh2
Notice Iowa fans not melting down with a Badger. Unlike Nebraska fans which continue to beat their head against a wall in terms of playing Iowa & Wisconsin whilst racking up the losses.

Reactions: owenhawk
Considering the competition he was facing in the vid. he looks pretty good. Typical off the rack Ferentz style power back with ~ average speed. From their vids he and Leshon Williams look almost identical to me.
IKM somewhat quicker than that group and is a good back overall but I'll predict we see T. Goodson and G. Williams rise to the top fairly quickly at Iowa. I see those two as the future with guys like Byrd adding depth. I'm good however with whoever wins the job as long as the best players are playing.

And more importantly Byrd impressed this last spring. The coaches thought they had a good one now they know for sure. If you look closely at his vids you notice these subtle and quick wiggle moves that create space and runs to daylight. He definitely looks like a very good receiver. Probably not considered a speed merchant but plenty enough to get by. Derrick Foster is going to be very good for this program.

UW's Super Bowl = B1G Championship games, NY6 games, and hopefully some day CFP games. Since we'll never face Iowa in any of those I'll have to disagree with you guys.

Remind me to shed a tear for you guys next year as Chryst has you headed towards the toilet. The poor Vadgers had one of their driest years yet in terms of producing new talent on the field that I have seen in a long long time. Enjoy 6th place in the west

Reactions: td77
What sort of back would you "type" Ladell Betts? Also, look at Shonn Greene back in 2008 ... there really was nothing flashy about him back then ... that was just some determined running. I don't entirely disagree with you concerning the lack of "flashiness" of Iowa's RBs ... but if a guy has good vision, has a good football IQ, knows how to read his blocks, and runs with good technique ... those guys can still be awful productive for the Hawks.

I'd love for Iowa to have an elite-level RB who ends up turning heads at the NFL-combine. However, I'll be happy if the Hawks have solid guys who consistently improve and produce too.

I share your enthusiasm concerning Goodson and G. Williams ... but I like the rest of our backs too. The beautiful thing about college football is that you don't always know who will jump onto the scene and wow you. I remember back when Mike Hart ultimately won the starting RB spot for the Wolverines .... he started the season as something like the 3rd or 4th string guy ... but injuries happened and he got his chance ... and his determined running ended up leading him to become one of the Wolverine greats.

Reactions: td77 and DEREKoh2
UW's Super Bowl = B1G Championship games, NY6 games, and hopefully some day CFP games. Since we'll never face Iowa in any of those I'll have to disagree with you guys.
Yeah, well, when your Bucksters make the CFP, then come bragging, until then, just be happy the West has been so weak these past few years. Problem is, it is not going to be weak much longer.

Remind me to shed a tear for you guys next year as Chryst has you headed towards the toilet. The poor Vadgers had one of their driest years yet in terms of producing new talent on the field that I have seen in a long long time. Enjoy 6th place in the west

Vadgers. Lol. Bonus points.

LOL - no CFP in Wisky's future.

Beating Iowa comes before all of that and you know it.

You're funny.

We need someone with artistic skills to design a shirt that says Vadgers with the W symbol looking like the badger mascot or a Wisconsin cheerleader with its legs up in the air.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT