ADVERTISEMENT

Shameless, embarrassment Republicans taking credit for Infrastructure they voted against

What does that have to do with the point of the thread, hypocrisy of Republicans? Of course you won’t answer lol.
Fair question.

My view is: Who cares about the hypocrisy…the much bigger problem is that we just spent $35 million more we have to borrow.

You write like a 12 year old.

Good grief

Good-Grief-Blog-2.jpg

Do you look at their policy...
Do YOU look at their policy?

All I see on the Conservative side is discriminating against and bullying people who aren't straight and white.
And "moderate" conservatives who will not stand up to the extremists.

What do I see from Biden, et al?

• Major infrastructure bill passed (topic of this thread; during 4 years of Trump all we heard about was Infrastructure Week and got NOTHING)
  • Inflation Reduction Act - major long-term energy cost savings for Americans who will be able to purchase higher-efficiency appliances, etc and every dollar saved on energy goes to other goods/services
  • Full support for Ukraine against Russian aggression
  • Fair treatment of people who are unpopular minorities (pretty much what Jesus taught us)

What motivations are there to vote for whatever the alleged "Conservative platform" is?

Because I cannot see them standing for anything except tax cuts for the 1%-ers, bigotry against Americans who don't fit their view of a lily-white straight population and abortion bans.

This isn't a remotely close decision for me.

Politics is just America with two sports teams at this point for to many people.

Do you look at their policy...or just the letter by their name when you vote?
It's a cult. A dysfunctional cult. The Republicans who voted for the legislation were roundly criticized by the cult.
When Republicans start doing responsible governing type stuff again I'll be here to praise them.

DMR Sunday front page article on the strength of 3 big ag-related manufacturers in Iowa.
Deere,Sukup,and Vermeer all enjoying record profits with strong demand.
Why?
Record net profits for farmers the last 3 years and strong demand with infrastructure legislation pushed thru.by Biden...ceos cite the recovery Act and infrustucture bill.
Kim's strong Iowa economy has Biden's fingerprints all over it.
Only problem?
Lack of available labor...
Iowa's labor force has shrunk since covid while the rest of the country's has grown by 3.6%.

They cite lack of immigrant labor since restrictions on immigration during covid.
Immigrants were responsible for 38% of Iowa's small population growth last 10 years

Thanks Kim.

It's a cult. A dysfunctional cult. The Republicans who voted for the legislation were roundly criticized by the cult.
When Republicans start doing responsible governing type stuff again I'll be here to praise them.

Feeding the Poor = More of a "suggestion" by Jesus, not a Christian Pre-requisite....

They aren't even remotely "Christians" anymore, by any stretch of the imagination.

Do YOU look at their policy?

All I see on the Conservative side is discriminating against and bullying people who aren't straight and white.
And "moderate" conservatives who will not stand up to the extremists.

What do I see from Biden, et al?

• Major infrastructure bill passed (topic of this thread; during 4 years of Trump all we heard about was Infrastructure Week and got NOTHING)
  • Inflation Reduction Act - major long-term energy cost savings for Americans who will be able to purchase higher-efficiency appliances, etc and every dollar saved on energy goes to other goods/services
  • Full support for Ukraine against Russian aggression
  • Fair treatment of people who are unpopular minorities (pretty much what Jesus taught us)

What motivations are there to vote for whatever the alleged "Conservative platform" is?

Because I cannot see them standing for anything except tax cuts for the 1%-ers, bigotry against Americans who don't fit their view of a lily-white straight population and abortion bans.

This isn't a remotely close decision for me.

Ok

We all have different ideas and beliefs.

I will always not understand voting a straight ticket based on blue or red and nothing else.

If I am in a state the elects positions like treasure...only thing I am going to care about is the ability to do that job...their views on Ukraine, abortion, etc have no relevance to do that job.

Feeding the Poor = More of a "suggestion" by Jesus, not a Christian Pre-requisite....

They aren't even remotely "Christians" anymore, by any stretch of the imagination.

Um...Houston is run by Democrats...the Mayor is a Democrat...the City Attorney was appointed by the mayor and retained by the mayor.

Both have publicly stated their support and continued action in that case.

Ok

We all have different ideas and beliefs.
I'm pointing out FACTS for you.

Not "different ideas and beliefs".

If those pieces of legislation (and attacks on people/abortion bans for women who need them when miscarrying) aren't important to you, then by all means - vote Republican.

I simply haven't seen the Republicans pass, or attempt to pass, any legislation I remotely support. That's not about "feelings". It's about results and a complete lack of vision on the GOP side.

I'm pointing out FACTS for you.

Not "different ideas and beliefs".

If those pieces of legislation (and attacks on people/abortion bans for women who need them when miscarrying) aren't important to you, then by all means - vote Republican.

I simply haven't seen the Republicans pass, or attempt to pass, any legislation I remotely support. That's not about "feelings". It's about results and a complete lack of vision on the GOP side.

I don't understand the Houston references when going after Republicans...more than plenty of Republican examples to use that would fit.

And yes I will vote for a Democrat with out any issue if their views for the job they are running for is a closer fit to mine than the Republicans. I could disagree with 90% of the Democrats political views...as long as the 10% I do agree with is applicable to the job they are trying to attain and the 90% is not part of the jib.

When I am voting for Sheriff...I don't care what tge person's views on abortion are...do not care what their position is on Russia...do not care what they think about building a bridge one valley over. Has no relevance. That is why I do not understand voting for someone just because of party.

I would have no problem voting for Haley as President....would have a problem voting for her for many other positions.

I don't understand the Houston references when going after Republicans
Perhaps you could focus on the legislation I'd cited, then.

And explain why Republicans are now lining up to take credit for legislation they all voted against.

Reactions: nelly02
Perhaps you could focus on the legislation I'd cited, then.

And explain why Republicans are now lining up to take credit for legislation they all voted against.

Why?

It has nothing to do with my original comment.

Most of the time my views will match yours...sometimes they will not.

Politicians take credit for anything that can shine them in a good light...wouldn't be suprised if Trump has taken credit for the sunrise.

Because it relates to the context of the OP.

Cool...I wasn't commenting on the OP...just a post in the thread...my comment on the OP is that people have been taking credit for stuff they didn't do for as long as people have existed.

I do agree it makes them look stupid to me...but the general public unfortunately doesn't care and it works.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT